Excellent Cloth Farming Spot (Northrend)

Strats / Info that doesn't fit in a specific instance

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, guillex

Excellent Cloth Farming Spot (Northrend)

Postby Anacharial » Tue Dec 23, 2008 4:16 am

Hi, I don't do much around here I thought I'd share my new favorite spot to grind cloth with all you tankydins :)

You get a okay amount of cloth here and the respawn time on these mobs is 60 seconds. Yes, 60 seconds after you kill them they respawn, and they are undead :D

Pics:

http://i43.tinypic.com/10yqowo.jpg - My map depicting the spot where I am.

http://i40.tinypic.com/t6z6lz.jpg - My retarded attempt at art!

The blue spot is where I land, the red line is where my path goes, I end up in the middle, AoE'ing them down, was gonna post a vid but I can't get more than a trial of FRAPS or Gamecam so 30 second vids suck.

To recap: All the mobs are undead, there's about 20 mobs a pull all undead so Holy Wrath ftw. Happy Hunting guys I hope this helps some people :)

Common Drops: Frostweave Cloth, LOTS of Vendor Trash, Occasional Greens (I also got a blue item making this post xD)
Once a Sinner always a Sinner..
Anacharial

Postby Krazy » Tue Dec 23, 2008 8:23 am

This is a good spot, but it was already mentioned in this thread:

http://www.failsafedesign.com/maintanka ... c&start=15

You forgot one important thing though...the mobs do a knock back so you want to run behind the big pot. I added a little arrow to your drawing to show. Back there you wont get knocked anywhere and you can have them all in one nice neat spot.

Krazy

Postby Anacharial » Tue Dec 23, 2008 11:19 am

Sorry. :( and I don't get knocked back at all, only up slightly.

But again sorry.
Once a Sinner always a Sinner..
Anacharial

Postby Kelaan » Tue Dec 23, 2008 11:32 am

Thanks! Great pic. I'd heard it mentioned before, but for some reason always thought it was talking about Somewhere Else. I've not given it a try, yet.
Kelaan

Postby DexterBelgium » Wed Dec 24, 2008 1:41 am

Anacharial wrote:Sorry. :( and I don't get knocked back at all, only up slightly.

But again sorry.

Nothing to be sorry about, dude! You posted a VERY nice tip, and the above poster further enhanced on it.

Thanks, you did good! :)
DexterBelgium

Postby samsara » Wed Jan 14, 2009 2:16 am

I've read in a few threads here that quite a lot farming spots where "hotfixed". This one too? Need loads of frostweave for my warlock alt to make bags for all my chars and tailorequip for my warlock of course.
samsara

Postby vya » Wed Jan 14, 2009 2:15 pm

Yes, unfortunately this spot was nerfed. Mobs drop about 1/3 of the gold they used to, and only vendor trash. No cloth or greens.
vya

Postby Flex » Wed Jan 14, 2009 2:36 pm

farming quest areas make me sad =(
We live in a society where people born on third base constantly try to steal second, yet we expect people born with two strikes against them to hit a homerun on the first pitch.
Flex

Postby CKaz » Fri Jan 16, 2009 3:49 pm

farming areas nerfed before I get there make me sadder =(
[mostly because I'm nowhere near epic flyer $]
fuzzygeek wrote:Some people have always endeavored to avoid int.
CKaz

Postby masterpoobaa » Thu Jan 22, 2009 5:53 pm

Gaa thats sad :(
While the cloth drop wasnt fantastic to begin with, it was decent to farm as the money drops were good, scraps of cloth dropped well (high value grey items) and lots of greens.
*sigh*

what now i wonder.
Ellifain @ Khaz'Goroth does not approve of torture, save where there's experience/rep/loot involved.
masterpoobaa

Location: Brisbane, Australia, Earth, Sol, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Universe.

Return to General Strats