Remove Advertisements

[10]Sarth+1D

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, guillex

[10]Sarth+1D

Postby Conaan! » Fri Jan 16, 2009 11:28 am

so im really confused about what to do here, i know many are hopping to +2d and +3d, but i wanted to try +1d before i go any farther

what is the specific strat, im thinking of letting the whelp guy up and just using 2 tanks (warr/pally) 2 healers (shaman/pally) and 2 melee rest ranged

is this set up possible? if so, what are the specifics of the fight, where does each drake spawn, portals spawn, and how hard is it to control all fire adds + drake + whelps at once?
Lore wrote:JEAPORDY: CREEPY BASEMENT EDITION
Conaan!

Postby Jasari » Fri Jan 16, 2009 1:50 pm

What I'd recommend for Sarth + 1 (and what my guild is doing) is bringing the same raid comp that you plan on bringing for Sarth + 3. This way you can use Sarth + 1 and Sarth + 2 to help simulate what you'll need to do for the 3 drake version. I think of it as learning the fight with training wheels on.

That said, definitely leave Tenebron up as he'll be the first drake to enter the fight in the 3 drake version. Practice burning burning him down before the 2nd group of whelps spawn as this is one of the "DPS checks" in the 3 drake version. I'd recommend watching some of the videos here: http://www.wowwiki.com/Sartharion so see where the spawn locations are and to understand how Sarth + 1 will fit into the bigger picture of Sarth + 3 when you get there. And even though leaving 1 drake up is trivial compared to 3, don't let people make stupid mistakes like getting killed by walls of fire since those types of things can cause a wipe later on.
Jasari

Postby Italianblend » Sun Mar 01, 2009 7:17 pm

I just tried this for the first time today. I was OT and my responsibilities were to 1) Grab the drake when he flies down, 2) Gather up fire adds, and of course 3) avoid the fire walls.

Well maybe it's just because I've never done it but I find this a bit chaotic. Aggroing the drake is easy, but if I have to run around the whole island grabbing fire elementals while I'm tanking the drake, I can't be sure the drake will be pointed away from the group the whole time. All this while watching for where the fire walls are. It was just too much.

Is it too much to ask the dps to run into my aoe should they have a fire add on them? How do you handle all of this responsibility?
Italianblend

Postby Maswin » Mon Mar 02, 2009 7:47 am

A lot of lava blazes can spawn and they will spawn all over the shop, if you're just doing 1 or 2 drakes then it might be best to have a burst (plate) DPS'er on lava blaze duty; they only have ~20k hp so will die very fast.

Dragging the drake around risks him shadow breathing on raid players, so if you do plan to do that make sure the raid is aware to keep out of his way, or you can try keeping him at a reasonable spot where you won't have to move much to grab lava blazes, just make sure the raid doesn't spread out. Rotation of your taunt's should be enough, anyone can handle hits from a normal size lava blaze for a while so you don't need to panic (if they enrage because of lava wall, pick them up fast).
Maswin

Return to T7: Naxx / Maly / Sarth / Archavon