[25] How do you gear for Patchwerk?

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, guillex

Postby Rasmfrackn » Thu Jan 15, 2009 2:50 pm

Wolvar wrote:You are nowhere near block capped with way too many blues still, I wouldn't let you OT nor MT patchwerk 25. (Tho' with the right healers and dps you could *probably* survive)

You have 100 armor and 7% block rate on him, he has 200 hps on you.

I hope you aren't calling that 7% block rate 1000 DTPS...
Rasmfrackn
Dwarf Paladin
Icecrown Server
Eng/Scribe/Masochist
Rasmfrackn

Postby Meloree » Thu Jan 15, 2009 5:24 pm

Wolvar wrote:You are nowhere near block capped with way too many blues still, I wouldn't let you OT nor MT patchwerk 25. (Tho' with the right healers and dps you could *probably* survive)

Really? It's been just 2 months since content release and we're trying to inflate content requirements that badly?

Ajantis wrote:I'd like some feedback too on this matter.
Here's my armory profile, do you think I'm ok for Patch 25men?

You're in better shape than I, or any of the other tanks in my guild, were, during progression. That said, I'd consider getting an Eternal Belt Buckle and gemming it with stamina. Also, I don't think your wrist enchant is optimal, expertise isn't the greatest rating for us.

--
Meloree of Garona <Edge>
Meloree
Maintankadonor

Postby Wolvar » Thu Jan 15, 2009 9:51 pm

Our tanks were a lot further along than he is when we first tried heroic patch and our healers STILL had mana problems. Your mileage may vary.
Wolvar

Postby Elsie » Thu Jan 15, 2009 9:54 pm

I try to use avoidance where I can in either role, but right now I have to use a stamina trinket to keep my HP above the other hateful tank.
Elsie

Postby lythac » Fri Jan 16, 2009 7:27 am

gummyrabbit wrote:
Ajantis wrote:I'd like some feedback too on this matter.
Here's my armory profile, do you think I'm ok for Patch 25men?

You can MT Patchwerk. It's the OTs that get pounded into the ground.

Agreed.

By accident "my friend" once MTed him with half dps and half prot gear on. Had 29k health buffed, 40% avoidance and 2% chance to be crit, AV and BV would have still been decent enough. Boss died despite some nastyish crits so likely a small element of luck was involved.

All Patchwerk MTing really needs is uncrittable and enough health to take 3 unavoided hits in a row.

Meloree wrote:

Really? It's been just 2 months since content release and we're trying to inflate content requirements that badly?

True, Karazhan started out as needing around 11k minimum unbuffed for the first parts and over the coming years it increased to 15-16k.

Ryshad / Lythac of <Heretic> Nagrand-EU
lythac

Postby Ajantis » Fri Jan 16, 2009 7:43 am

Many thanks for the feedback people, much appreciated.

I got 3 more items from last wed/thurs runs and from EoV (and I don't know why it doesn't show but my belt has always had an Eternal Buckle gemmed with STA :/) so monday we'll see if Patchwerk will splat me or no :)

Actually I'm also sitting on 100ish EhO but I don't know what to do with them. I could get the Tier Chestpiece/Gloves or the avoidance trinket + belt...
Ajantis

Postby Agergadin » Fri Jan 16, 2009 8:03 am

Thought I would mention: 25 man Patchwerk does involve threat for his strikes.

We have a ret pally that has died the past 2 weeks. He is fine until the moment he creeps above the warrior strike-tank on threat, and then he's dead. The strike tanks don't have to be 2nd and 3rd threat, but they do need to be higher than any of the melee or the melee is going down.

So again, 25 man Patch is hp & threat related for his strike target.

Pretty sure 10 man Patchwerk is only about HP since I've OT'd him w/o RF and was definitely not 2nd melee threat, yet no one died.

And I know I mentioned this roughly earlier, but you don't need more than 3 tanks (4 is overkill, really) and if your healers have 1700 or more healing unbuffed, then you don't need more than 6 healers. If they are 1500 or more unbuffed (really, if they aren't, why are they in 25 man naxx), then you might want 7. Drive it into their head to be a proactive healer w/ a stopcast macro, not a reactive "oh crap he's at 20% I need to heal" healer.
Agergadin
Happy Death Day
Mal'Ganis
Agergadin

Postby Rehlachs- » Fri Jan 16, 2009 8:20 am

Agergadin wrote:Thought I would mention: 25 man Patchwerk does involve threat for his strikes.

We have a ret pally that has died the past 2 weeks. He is fine until the moment he creeps above the warrior strike-tank on threat, and then he's dead. The strike tanks don't have to be 2nd and 3rd threat, but they do need to be higher than any of the melee or the melee is going down.

So again, 25 man Patch is hp & threat related for his strike target.

my common sense is tingling

longer version: that top3@threat-behavior is know for years, nothing really new. tell your hateful tanks to stop being afk on bosses.
Rehlachs-

Postby Agergadin » Fri Jan 16, 2009 8:38 am

Rehlachs- wrote:
my common sense is tingling

longer version: that top3@threat-behavior is know for years, nothing really new. tell your hateful tanks to stop being afk on bosses.

Someone else had posted it was HP only and not threat related. I was just correcting on that.
Agergadin
Happy Death Day
Mal'Ganis
Agergadin

Postby Makaijin » Fri Jan 16, 2009 8:55 am

Talking of threat on hatefuls, does being attacked by a hateful, not necessarily must take a hit, as long as patchwerk is attacking you with it, you gain some threat from it?

Being the threat machine I was, I was doing almost 4000 TPS just standing there only spamming Holy Shield and JoL. JoL on it's own couldn't have produced that much threat, there isn't enough raid damage for it to happen.
Makaijin

Postby Belloc » Fri Jan 16, 2009 10:23 am

Makaijin wrote:Talking of threat on hatefuls, does being attacked by a hateful, not necessarily must take a hit, as long as patchwerk is attacking you with it, you gain some threat from it?

Being the threat machine I was, I was doing almost 4000 TPS just standing there only spamming Holy Shield and JoL. JoL on it's own couldn't have produced that much threat, there isn't enough raid damage for it to happen.
Whenever Patchwerk hateful strikes, all 3 tanks (or 2 in 10-man) receive a chunk of threat.

And that ret pally should really learn to watch the threat meter and hit Hand of Sacrifice if he is getting high. And the tanks should learn to build threat. There's no excuse for OTs to lose threat to a melee, ever.
Belloc

Postby Elsie » Fri Jan 16, 2009 2:20 pm

Belloc wrote:
Makaijin wrote:Talking of threat on hatefuls, does being attacked by a hateful, not necessarily must take a hit, as long as patchwerk is attacking you with it, you gain some threat from it?

Whenever Patchwerk hateful strikes, all 3 tanks (or 2 in 10-man) receive a chunk of threat.

And that ret pally should really learn to watch the threat meter and hit Hand of Sacrifice if he is getting high. And the tanks should learn to build threat. There's no excuse for OTs to lose threat to a melee, ever.

QFT, I had top three threat afk auto attacking.
Elsie

Previous

Return to T7: Naxx / Maly / Sarth / Archavon