Remove Advertisements

Speeding up 25 man Naxx runs...

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, guillex

Speeding up 25 man Naxx runs...

Postby Lumenactio » Thu Jan 15, 2009 10:02 pm

Curious what the average clear time is for folks that have it on farm status.

Looking to trim some time off the clear.
Lumenactio

Re: Speeding up 25 man Naxx runs...

Postby aleyona » Thu Jan 15, 2009 10:08 pm

Lumenactio wrote:Curious what the average clear time is for folks that have it on farm status.

Looking to trim some time off the clear.

Currently We're at a 4 1/2hr clear time for 25-man naxx. We do however fail on what we have dubbed the midnight boss. That is... We hit Kel'Thuzad at midnight and everyone tends to run stupid. We come back the next day and one-shot him with like 22 people (and one stupid prot paladin who was running ret at the time dying right off the bat, GO ME!)
aleyona

Postby amh » Fri Jan 16, 2009 12:53 am

Around three and a half hours, I think. Usually leaves us in a position where we either go kill KT and go a bit over time, or save him for another day.
I used to play a paladin.
amh
Maintankadonor

Postby Rehlachs- » Fri Jan 16, 2009 1:08 am

something about 3:20 including malygos and full naxx
Rehlachs-

Postby knaughty » Fri Jan 16, 2009 1:31 am

If we speed clear: Under 3 hours.

If we work on achievements: Around 4 hours.

Obviously... the "work on achievements" doesn't start until after we fail on Immortal.
This isn't the "Offtankadin" forum. My MoP FAQ: http://tinyurl.com/FAQ-5-0
- Knaughty.
knaughty
Maintankadonor

Location: Sydney, plotting my next diatribe against the forces of ignorance!

Postby hoho » Fri Jan 16, 2009 3:06 am

Without lag it's ~3.5-4h. With lag we usually wipe on trash for an hour and go wipe on Malygos until lag goes away.
hoho

Postby Nalyn » Fri Jan 16, 2009 8:27 am

hoho wrote:Without lag it's ~3.5-4h. With lag we usually wipe on trash for an hour and go wipe on Malygos until lag goes away.

Ya... I'd bet we could be in the 4 hour range...IF we didn't wipe to the lag monster a couple times per clear. The worst fights are 4 horsemen and thaddius, but we've had bad server lag on other encounters. Ya know...start the 4 horsemen event, about 2 or 3 marks in spells and abilities stop working...unlags 10 or 15 seconds later, all the ranged tanks and healers are dead. Thaddius...killing the first 2 is easy, we get to thaddius and at least one of the first 3 polarity switches totally lags out...he casts it, finishes the cast and...nothing happens, spells stop going off, unlags 10 seconds later with 2/3's of the raid dead, /sigh.

We could 1 shot every boss in the place if they didn't have the server on their side.
Nalyn

Postby Serelynn » Fri Jan 16, 2009 8:28 am

Take a well optimized group for buffs/debuffs, cover all of them. Only two proper tanks, and an OT (DPS spec feral druid) and six healers. Make sure you can handle loot quickly, we were wasting 5 minutes on loot when the boss died in 3. Chain pull faster and harder, if the healers need mana on trash, get a druid to innervate them.

When things go well, we can push Naxx 25 in roughly 3-3.5 hours with some room for improvement still.
Serelynn

Return to T7: Naxx / Maly / Sarth / Archavon