Remove Advertisements

[10] naxx preferable block capped bosses?

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, guillex

[10] naxx preferable block capped bosses?

Postby daemonym » Thu Jan 15, 2009 8:00 am

so after acquiring a decent amount of block and dodge off set pieces from naxx, i was wondering which bosses it would be preferable to be block capped on rather than focusing on stamina and avoidance. granted it isn't exactly necessary, but if i can run with optimal gear set up i'd like to. with different combo's of gear i can either be block capped or add in another 5% or more dodge, but be well under the cap. thoughts?
Again. What grim vision this? Blood stained tomb, beer cans, and piss. This. Is no life...for a god.

Stokpile/Zurathustra of Ysera-US, Horde
Makin the WoW gold blog http://theahpile.blogspot.com/
I have 2 million gold. http://theahpile.blogspot.com/2011/05/i-have-2-million-gold.html
Total as of 5-3-11: 2,064,000g
daemonym

Postby Wolvar » Thu Jan 15, 2009 8:09 am

The only fight where I think that avoidance is more important than block cap is OT for patchwerk. (and maybe maexxna)
Wolvar

Postby Belloc » Thu Jan 15, 2009 9:49 am

Enraged Faerlina and OT on Patchwerk are the bosses where I'd prefer avoidance over block cap. Non-Naxx bosses are Malygos and Sarth with drakes up.

I'm sure there will be more in Ulduar.
Belloc

Postby Agergadin » Thu Jan 15, 2009 11:18 am

Loatheb for block cap. On 10 man with about 1500-2k BV you'll block most of his melee damage. Heck, on 25 man with ~1800 BV (too lazy to swap out gear...bad me, I know) I see full blocks and never take more than 1800 after block. It allows the healers to put more focus on the raid, which is taking aoe dmg.

On 10 man naxx, if you are geared 1/2 decently, you can tank KT as well as both of his adds. In that case, block is great to decrease all incoming melee.
Agergadin
Happy Death Day
Mal'Ganis
Agergadin

Postby Spectrum » Thu Jan 15, 2009 12:36 pm

Yeah, I'd go for effective health/dodge on Patch, Maexxna, and Faerlina (if there's a chance she'll frenzy).

Other than that block is an amazing amount of win. A lot of the bosses only hit for 4-8k, and a 1.5k block is basically 20% less damage taken in the worst case. Makes for nice and smooth fights.
Spectrum
Maintankadonor

Return to T7: Naxx / Maly / Sarth / Archavon