Remove Advertisements

[10] Gluth

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, guillex

Postby amh » Wed Jan 14, 2009 3:52 pm

Dokidoki wrote:(not sure if you get the debuff upon blocked attack)

It stacks on hits and blocked hits. You'll see it starting from the first chow that hits you, no matter how block-capped.
I used to play a paladin.
amh
Maintankadonor

Postby Wolvar » Wed Jan 14, 2009 4:35 pm

If you have more than one tank to tank the chow, then you aren't in 10 man. I'm not sure you can tank them at all in 25 man, there's a lot more of them and I presume they hit harder.
Wolvar

Postby majiben » Wed Jan 14, 2009 10:05 pm

I could see a protection paladin kiting them all in 25 man. We have a lot of ways to pick them up compared to other classes. Haven't been prot in a 25 man to try it though.
Amirya wrote:some bizarre lovechild of Hawking, Einstein, and Theck
majiben

Postby amh » Thu Jan 15, 2009 12:28 am

Solo-kiting them is easy as long as your slowing traps / equivalents are reliable.
I used to play a paladin.
amh
Maintankadonor

Postby Neroth » Thu Jan 15, 2009 9:38 am

On our first Naxx clear we had our frost mage kite them. It went well, but on that run we had our best dps and healers so the fight went quick.

Last week we were doing a learning run so the fight was taking too long to have the mage kite them. We had a DK put on his tanking gear to taunt off the feral tank on Gluth and I tanked the adds.

No problem up to about 80 stacks, but then they started to hurt a decent amount. I could probably have survived, but since I had the mage available we went to plan B. After the next decimate the frost mage kited them just long enough for the debuffs to go away and I took them back and tanked them the rest of the fight.

Kiting them the whole fight should be zero problem for a prot paladin. The only tough part would be making sure that none slipped by. In our case we had low enough DPS that I was more worried about adds getting to Gluth and healing him than I was about the damage I was taking.
Neroth

Postby Blackharon » Thu Jan 15, 2009 11:11 am

Wolvar wrote:If you have more than one tank to tank the chow, then you aren't in 10 man. I'm not sure you can tank them at all in 25 man, there's a lot more of them and I presume they hit harder.

2 tanks (main and off)
1) Main tank holds gluth, use the ranged taunt trick/feral dps to lose the stacks. OT tanks adds. Decimate and Switch!
2)OT holds gluth, use the rangedtaunt trick/feral dps to lose the stacks. MT tanks adds. Decimate! By this time Gluth is almost dead so switching would be pointless
3)???
4)Enjoy loot?

Haven't tried this because I never even considered tanking the adds before. Might be worth a shot if I get a group with nobody who can kite again
Blackharon

Postby Wolvar » Thu Jan 15, 2009 3:22 pm

ahh, didn't think of switching tanks.
Wolvar

Postby Vioarr » Fri Jan 16, 2009 1:04 pm

You don't even really need to kite these guys around (at least I haven't had to). I just judge, stand on the platform and holywrath when you get 7-8 adds. Keep up Holy Shield, and if you get into problems DP/LoH when getting close to devastate.
Vioarr
Maintankadonor

Postby Kelaan » Fri Jan 16, 2009 3:00 pm

Except, kiting the adds is really easy, especially if you have a DPS class who can heal that will top you off occasionally. (We had an SP go healing for me.) PoJ (or boot enhant, or DK aura) will let you kite most of it.

- Pick up with taunting from the guy healing you
- Next patch, can taunt directly.
- Exorcism
- Consecrate on one spawn point
- Shield toss on others, if necessary
- Judgement.
- Holy Wrath when they get too close / too bunched up on you.
- Holy Wrath after Decimate to lock them in place for AoE

We have so many pickup tools. I'd rather tank the adds than the boss. ;)
Kelaan

Previous

Return to T7: Naxx / Maly / Sarth / Archavon