Remove Advertisements

Question about kiting Heigan

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, guillex

Question about kiting Heigan

Postby gummyrabbit » Wed Jan 14, 2009 9:51 am

I have no problems with kiting him through the 4 zones, but every time I move him to the next safe zone, he seems to only follow me up to the border of the zone and stop. This means that the melee who attack him from behind are uncomfortable close to the eruption from the previous safe zone. I usually go back and hit him a few times and then he'll follow me again so he's in the middle of the safe zone. Am I doing something wrong? Is there something I can do so he doesn't stop at the border of the safe zone.
gummyrabbit

Postby pedal2000 » Wed Jan 14, 2009 9:58 am

I'm not entirely sure, but on a brief suggestion, have your melee recognize the issue and attack from the sides, I don't believe he has a cleave (at least in 10 man) so you may as well have them stand on the sides. At worst their DPS drops a bit, but with no enrage, that's not a huge issue.
pedal2000

Postby Rehlachs- » Wed Jan 14, 2009 10:01 am

pull him, until he stand on the position he is supposed to be (even if you have to stand in an unsafe zone for a while) and turn him around, so you are standing in a safe position when the green stuff comes up.
Rehlachs-

Postby Ashmadai » Wed Jan 14, 2009 10:26 am

To avoid this very issue I always pull him further even though it means I'm running into the next 'eruption zone', then when he is where I want him, I get back in closer to him. His hit box is kinda big so you have to do this or make your melee attack from the front/sides, but I'd rather do what I can to help.
Ashmadai

Postby Playdoh » Wed Jan 14, 2009 10:34 am

he hits like a panzy, just tell your melee to make sure they are in the safe zone and it doesn't matter if they hit from behind or in front of the boss on that fight.

It's a survival fight, not a dps race.
Playdoh
Maintankadonor

Postby majiben » Wed Jan 14, 2009 10:35 am

Playdoh wrote:he hits like a panzy, just tell your melee to make sure they are in the safe zone and it doesn't matter if they hit from behind or in front of the boss on that fight.

Amirya wrote:some bizarre lovechild of Hawking, Einstein, and Theck
majiben

Postby Senador » Wed Jan 14, 2009 10:57 am

He is ocasionally screwey with his hit box and "Stalling" on coming over to you. Tell your DPS to wait, and attack from the front if they really insist on DPSing.
Senador

Postby Spectrum » Wed Jan 14, 2009 11:15 am

He does have a funky hit box, probably exactly to let you focus on the zones and not exactly where the boss is. That said...

Playdoh wrote:he hits like a panzy, just tell your melee to make sure they are in the safe zone and it doesn't matter if they hit from behind or in front of the boss on that fight.

Spectrum
Maintankadonor

Postby Calanas » Wed Jan 14, 2009 11:48 am

I know this strategy is a bit off, but i have always found it easier to tank him ON the platform with the melee, and have the casters and healers do the slow dance. We have never lost anyone during the slow phases due to this.

This allows the melee to set up and whack away uninturrupted. Raid damage is so low that the healers ususally dont have an issue, and caster dps can pop instants while running from zone to zone

It may also be that we run melee heavy, but I just find this easier.
Calanas
Level 80: Gilneas
The Covenant
Calanas

Postby Wolvar » Wed Jan 14, 2009 3:08 pm

Of course it's easier if you don't have to move lol. Guess it depends on whether your ranged or melee do more damage as to which approach is better.
Wolvar

Postby Claydon » Thu Jan 15, 2009 3:02 am

the easiet way to do this is to tank him on the platform and have everyone on it.

when you pull him take him to the very back right of the platform, walk down the side of the platform and then back up to make sure he is max distance from the other corners.

have your ranged stand on the close left corner right on the edge but NOT on the ramp or they will get hit.

this puts them far enough away not to get the debuff.

then all you have to do is dance when he ports back to the middle.
Claydon

Postby majiben » Thu Jan 15, 2009 3:12 am

Also known as an exploit.
Amirya wrote:some bizarre lovechild of Hawking, Einstein, and Theck
majiben

Postby Wolvar » Thu Jan 15, 2009 5:58 am

Not much of one since folks rarely die on the slow dance, at least in my experience.
Wolvar

Postby towelliee » Thu Jan 15, 2009 7:28 am

Majiben wrote:Also known as an exploit.

God Majiben live a little..gosh
towelliee

Postby Claydon » Thu Jan 15, 2009 7:46 am

Majiben wrote:Also known as an exploit.

or just a clever use of space?

you are doing what the encouter requires - standing far enough away not to get his debuff.

you still have to dance when he ports... unless you hide in the corner
Claydon

Next

Return to T7: Naxx / Maly / Sarth / Archavon