Remove Advertisements

Oldworld & BC content - how far can a trio get?

Strats / Info that doesn't fit in a specific instance

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, guillex

Postby Worldie » Wed Jan 14, 2009 12:04 am

Kelaan wrote:
Passionario wrote:Razorgore has been successfully 3-manned at level 70.

Impressive. I'm not sure how they handled the caster adds, though. I expect the melee crowd would be easy-ish (with a second shield ;)) to survive, so just drag them around to the casters when they spawn? I'd say you could 4-man it much more easily, though. Heck, casters aside, I bet that with a tree druid they could heal-kite the melee (?)... though dragons might be rough. I know icouldnt do it but the druids I know are /awesome/. :D

Don't forget that those mobs are level 60. It's resist festival.

P.s. regarding ZA, you aren't going to heal through 20k+ Cleaves on the Lynx, nor from a 7k DPS dot on the Bear.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Belloc » Wed Jan 14, 2009 8:55 am

Worldie wrote:
Kelaan wrote:
Passionario wrote:Razorgore has been successfully 3-manned at level 70.

Impressive. I'm not sure how they handled the caster adds, though. I expect the melee crowd would be easy-ish (with a second shield ;)) to survive, so just drag them around to the casters when they spawn? I'd say you could 4-man it much more easily, though. Heck, casters aside, I bet that with a tree druid they could heal-kite the melee (?)... though dragons might be rough. I know icouldnt do it but the druids I know are /awesome/. :D

Don't forget that those mobs are level 60. It's resist festival.

P.s. regarding ZA, you aren't going to heal through 20k+ Cleaves on the Lynx, nor from a 7k DPS dot on the Bear.
Let's not forget the gong boss.
Belloc

Postby Flex » Wed Jan 14, 2009 2:47 pm

Worldie wrote:P.s. regarding ZA, you aren't going to heal through 20k+ Cleaves on the Lynx, nor from a 7k DPS dot on the Bear.

Is it still 20K at level 80 armor levels? and lrn2stoneform
We live in a society where people born on third base constantly try to steal second, yet we expect people born with two strikes against them to hit a homerun on the first pitch.
Flex

Postby fuzzygeek » Wed Jan 14, 2009 2:56 pm

hoho wrote:Kara except Netherspire can probably be two-manned by healer+tank. Chess will probably be the most complicated fight :)

I've two manned Nspite with a holy priest. Just ignore the red beam, and start on blue.

Chess took us three tries. ;_; The rest of it was trivial.
fuzzygeek
Maintankadonor

Postby ARogers » Fri Jan 16, 2009 8:01 am

Has anyone attempted a small group for kael?
ARogers

Postby Belloc » Fri Jan 16, 2009 10:42 am

ARogers wrote:Has anyone attempted a small group for kael?

13 or 15-manned at 70. I could see him being 10-manned with some practice.
Belloc

Postby Leuthas » Wed Feb 11, 2009 5:56 pm

I'd like to add what I can for the Pre-BC raids.

Blackwing Lair:
-Razorgore is quite difficult, the Controller (player using the control orb) must be able to tank melee, as Razorgore will lock aggro onto the Controller for 5-10 seconds after all eggs are destroyed. Keep the healer on the platform with the Orb against the wall, with dps using AoE on all of the mobs; a fourth is recommended to tank the mobs while the OT is on the Orb.
-Read up on wowhead for the strategies for the rest of the bosses, very important information. Also, because you have so few people, an Onyxia Scale Cloak is necessary.
-When you take Nefarion, stay behind the throne after you talk to him, and let the mobs attack you there.

AQ40:
-Skeram should not be possible for a 3-man; he will MC one of you (not the highest threat target) and they will kill you. Skeram also duplicates multiple times, creating even more bosses for you to fight.

Remember, these are not raids that were meant to be accomplished easily.

-The Twin Emporers: Keep them apart at all times (MOST important thing to know). Have the healer do there best in the center with a rogue nearby to kill off the enraged scarabs. Warlock should tank Vek'Lor, melee tank on Vek'Nilash.

There are so many things you need to know for each boss in BWL and AQ40; these are the two raids you will not be able to trio, no matter how lucky you are. I have a friend you did a 5-man on AQ40, they were succesful after wiping on the Twins about 5 times. The most important peice of advice I can give you... look on wowhead for boss strategies.

If you have any specific questions I would be glad to help.
Why can't a Warrior Thunderclap while silenced?

You're actually clapping your thighs together with a force so powerful that you generate a sonic boom and the resulting electrostatic energy. Unfortunately, when you're silenced, you can't generate the audible force from your thunder thighs.

Leuthas
Maintankadonor

Postby warden » Thu Feb 12, 2009 9:38 pm

Flex wrote:
Worldie wrote:P.s. regarding ZA, you aren't going to heal through 20k+ Cleaves on the Lynx, nor from a 7k DPS dot on the Bear.

Is it still 20K at level 80 armor levels? and lrn2stoneform

Quite the contrary... we were actually 1 tanking ZA at 70.. It would be harder in a small group without the 12k+ dps our 10 mans were running at 70, but it is quite doable.

"Don't facepalm at me... Ret paladins don't facepalm each other. Its against the code!" -Anafielle
warden
Maintankadonor

Postby Varia » Fri Feb 13, 2009 8:06 pm

we did Hydross and Leo with a 5-man grp this night...

sadly i didnt managed to take a screen of the killing blow on hydross :S

Miju, lvl 80 FoL Spammer - TheradrasEU
Varia

Postby mclem » Sun Feb 15, 2009 6:00 am

Worldie wrote:Don't forget that those mobs are level 60. It's resist festival.

Does that also apply to Razorgore himself? Has he ended up with increased survivability due to the level differences, or do *they* still treat him as a L63 mob?
mclem

Postby Vindicated » Sun Feb 15, 2009 8:20 am

mclem wrote:

Does that also apply to Razorgore himself? Has he ended up with increased survivability due to the level differences, or do *they* still treat him as a L63 mob?

The boss level for them only really affects their chance to hit and be missed. the damage they do and their AC is the same as was before.
Vindicated

Postby Pelana » Wed Mar 11, 2009 2:51 pm

mclem wrote:

Here's how my brother and I duo'ed it at 80: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ggA7s-9vCc

You do resist most of the casts and avoid a lot of the rest but there's still enough damage to kill you in phase 1. The problem we thought we were going to have was with the holy priest controlling the orb and getting tons of aggro going into phase 2 as Razorgore is untauntable. Turns out it wasn't really a problem, he could heal through it easily. Took me 50%+ to get aggro back!

So yeah, Razorgore is treated as a L83 mob but doesn't hit for much and can be tanked by a priest. :)
Pelana

Re: Oldworld & BC content - how far can a trio get?

Postby Keion » Mon Aug 31, 2009 9:41 am

Do you think Solarian is 3-manable?
Arthas thought Stratholme is not cool enough and decided to perform some cooling.
Keion

Postby Shoju » Tue Sep 01, 2009 7:45 am

at 80, you can 3 man

ZG <- I have solo'd all of it
MC <- I have solo'd up through Garr personally
AQ20 <- I have duo'd all of it with a Shadow Priest
AQ40...... Probably not
BWL Smallest Group I ever took was 7, with some good coordination you could probably 3 man
Ony <- Soloable
Kara <- EASILY Duoable.
ZA <- If it is a REALLY good DPS

ALL TBC heroics.
Shoju

Postby spice » Sun Sep 20, 2009 1:55 pm

Last night a couple of guild friends and myself trio-ed Mag's Lair.

Prot is my second "off-spec" but first love, so my gear is pretty meh and not enchanted because I really only use it for trivial content/heroics... composition was Disc Priest, combat or assass. rogue and myself. Armories are as follows:

Rogue:
http://www.wowarmory.com/character-shee ... &n=Ricketz

Priest:
http://www.wowarmory.com/character-shee ... 3%A9bruary

Myself:
http://www.wowarmory.com/character-shee ... m&n=Bereft

The encounter itself was a joke. Rogue was FoKing to interrupt channelers and only a few heals got off, We finished off the last one right as Mag was released and killed him within 10 minutes of starting. We obviously had to eat blast novas but it's neglegable damage every 60 seconds. All in all it's a fun way to earn 160g per player.
spice

Previous

Return to General Strats