Remove Advertisements

[25] Thaddius

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, guillex

Postby Wolvar » Tue Jan 13, 2009 10:07 am

Your time to get over there will vary depending on when your client sees the debuff.
Wolvar

Postby Pallypete » Tue Jan 13, 2009 12:27 pm

Belloc wrote:If people can't move to the other side within the 4 second window (yes, it's a huge window. I don't care if you have a high latency or poor framerate, you've still got about 4 seconds to get over there), then you should consider replacing them. Yes, it's harsh, but this fight is really tight for some raids... and you're certainly not going to get far in tier 8 content with players like that.

It's not so much people not having time to move, it's that when you lag out as he's changing the buffs around, the game pretty much freezes up and your buff gets delayed in displaying the change. So a lot of time people are just standing their still waiting for the buff to change on their bars when it actually already HAS changed server side, causing them to die.
Pallypete

Postby Belloc » Tue Jan 13, 2009 1:48 pm

Pallypete wrote:
Belloc wrote:If people can't move to the other side within the 4 second window (yes, it's a huge window. I don't care if you have a high latency or poor framerate, you've still got about 4 seconds to get over there), then you should consider replacing them. Yes, it's harsh, but this fight is really tight for some raids... and you're certainly not going to get far in tier 8 content with players like that.

It's not so much people not having time to move, it's that when you lag out as he's changing the buffs around, the game pretty much freezes up and your buff gets delayed in displaying the change. So a lot of time people are just standing their still waiting for the buff to change on their bars when it actually already HAS changed server side, causing them to die.

I believe that a lot of lag issues on that fight can be fixed by doing things with your combat log (so that it has to process less information).

If it's server lag, then fine... but most people that die on that fight, in my experience, just suck.
Belloc

Postby majiben » Tue Jan 13, 2009 5:02 pm

I don't think you've ever experienced really bad lag. It takes me longer to get across dalaran on a mount than it takes people to run across. The only reason I can survive on 25 man naxx is if no more than 3 other people are slow and if I give the auto run command before my DMB calls the switch and even then I barely make it. Yes I'm minimum ranging it. If I don't get a color swap I have barely enough time to stop myself and run back to where I was.
Amirya wrote:some bizarre lovechild of Hawking, Einstein, and Theck
majiben

Postby Playdoh » Wed Jan 14, 2009 7:52 am

I am left/right challenged at best. For some reason my brain switches between them and changes back and forth between perspectives.

So when someone asked if there were questions on how we were going to do thaddius i said yes. We were doing the right is +, left is - strat, and I wanted to make sure I didn't screw it up.

In my mind, Stallag is neg, Fuenig (sp?) is positive.

If on positive side run close to the wall, If on neg side run close to the entrance around Thaddius, we had issues running through him, running around gives you a little more time and space.

For demonstrations we put a mark on our moonkin, a mark on for negative and a mark for positive, then everyone ran around in a circle of the moonkin (always right (counterclockwise)). It was actually easy to see who didn't comprehend which way to go. and helped me ALOT.

The demonstration helped because I could come up with my own references.

We still have lag issues, but it is easy to tell which one killed us.
Playdoh
Maintankadonor

Postby lythac » Wed Jan 14, 2009 8:24 am

Something people in my guild do is reduce graphics options for spell detail to help with low fps.

My guild has never mentioned about reducing combat log info, will pass that information on to them.

Thanks.
Ryshad / Lythac of <Heretic> Nagrand-EU
lythac

Postby Belloc » Wed Jan 14, 2009 8:49 am

Majiben wrote:I don't think you've ever experienced really bad lag. It takes me longer to get across dalaran on a mount than it takes people to run across. The only reason I can survive on 25 man naxx is if no more than 3 other people are slow and if I give the auto run command before my DMB calls the switch and even then I barely make it. Yes I'm minimum ranging it. If I don't get a color swap I have barely enough time to stop myself and run back to where I was.
I have to wonder if you are referring to latency or graphics lag. It takes me about a minute to zone into dalaran (when I hearth) and another minute before I can even start running around.
Belloc

Previous

Return to T7: Naxx / Maly / Sarth / Archavon