Remove Advertisements

[25]Malygos

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, guillex

Postby Enkal » Wed Jan 14, 2009 5:52 am

Got instagibbed by Malygos last night:
Arcane storm (9k) + melee (10k) + breath (22k) = dead pally. In less than a second. I have about 33-35k health raid buffed.

We switched to a DK tank and it all worked out well.

Would you guys say that DK's would be optimal for malygos since he does alot of magic damage? He did threat cap the DPS much faster than I would've which is a big minus.
Enkal

Postby Salamandra » Wed Jan 14, 2009 6:46 am

Arcane Breath has a cast time of 1 second, so it can't be less than 1 second. Also, I *think* that Arcane Storm, while instant cast, causes him to not do anything for a moment. He does generally seem to turn around and gawk at the raid for a bit.

So if it was in that order, I believe it's actually be an instant cast, a melee swing timer, and then a 1 second cast. That's far from insta-gibbing.

I've never had any problems surviving, even if he gets sparks, as long as healers are aware.
Salamandra

Postby Enkal » Wed Jan 14, 2009 7:26 am

Well I did drop from full to zero faster than I could react. As I saw it I just died. :/ I think his melee swing hit me just as he landed and then he cast the breath attack.
Enkal

Postby Serelynn » Wed Jan 14, 2009 7:44 am

Continue stacking stamina for Malygos, I was around 40k health buffed in stamina gear. It shouldn't be a problem, but the healers really need to be prepared for the possible spike in damage after a vortex. Having a couple Holy Paladins spec Divine Guardian and using that as the party is landing from vortex can be a life saver for the raid.

Phase 1 doesn't last very long at all with a solid group, so I'd say whichever tank has the stamina and can put out the most TPS is the best tank. The faster P1 ends, the better your group is positioned for the rest of the fight.
Serelynn

Postby Serelynn » Wed Jan 14, 2009 7:50 am

Be ready to pop Divine Protection after the first vortex, have a health stone and potion ready for the second one... if there is another, have your finger on your Lay on Hands button and if you aren't topped off when Malygos starts casting breath, use it, if you are topped off, use it right after the breath attack.
Serelynn

Postby holyshield » Thu Jan 15, 2009 2:20 am

I was having the same problem. I was topped off and then BAM instant kill. It was nearly impossible to react to use a health stone/pot/LoH. I'm 40k HP raid buff, malygos didn't even get a spark, and I was killed like a clothie. It happened once to our DK tank who is at 40k HP, but after that everything was going well.
holyshield

Postby Enkal » Thu Jan 15, 2009 2:32 am

I'm at 50/50 ilevel 200/213 gear now and I stay at just below 26k unbuffed health, 55% avoidance raid buffed, unhittable.

I keep wondering how ppl gear to get over 30k unbuffed while maintaining unhittable and a decent avoidance... guess I'll need to make a "Malygos gear set" or something like that.
Enkal

Postby amh » Thu Jan 15, 2009 2:48 am

Dual tank-professions (stamina >.>) goes a long way to pass 30k unbuffed.

And yeah, having a Malygos-set isn´t a bad idea. Forget about block-cap, just make sure you got enough health buffed to survive breath + unblocked melee swing without a heal.
I used to play a paladin.
amh
Maintankadonor

Postby amh » Thu Jan 15, 2009 2:50 am

holyshield wrote:I was having the same problem. I was topped off and then BAM instant kill. It was nearly impossible to react to use a health stone/pot/LoH. I'm 40k HP raid buff, malygos didn't even get a spark, and I was killed like a clothie. It happened once to our DK tank who is at 40k HP, but after that everything was going well.

The breath has been known to critically hit, but I can´t confirm whether or not Malygos catching a spark triggers this
I used to play a paladin.
amh
Maintankadonor

Postby bryan05s » Sat Feb 28, 2009 5:35 am

Do you guys really think it isnt feasable to tank all 4 nexus lords myself? I know its more practical to bring an offtank along but just want your opinions on that. Also, how many healers is it safest to bring if you have good dps? What about if your dps sucks, whats the minimum (where its still doable) of number of healers to bring? I mainly want to know how possibile it is to tank the 4 nexus lords.. maybe put on block value gear?
bryan05s

Postby Conaan! » Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:02 am

bryan05s wrote:Do you guys really think it isnt feasable to tank all 4 nexus lords myself? I know its more practical to bring an offtank along but just want your opinions on that. Also, how many healers is it safest to bring if you have good dps? What about if your dps sucks, whats the minimum (where its still doable) of number of healers to bring? I mainly want to know how possibile it is to tank the 4 nexus lords.. maybe put on block value gear?

i generally tank 3/4 nexus lords during phase 2 with my usual tank set, i wouldnt reccomend it, its a rather large damage output and you would need to kill the first nexus lord before you would be able to move (safely)
Lore wrote:JEAPORDY: CREEPY BASEMENT EDITION
Conaan!

Postby Panzerdin » Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:51 am

You're pretty much stuck with brining another tank, just take two each.
Panzerdin

Location: On a picket line, protesting against the changes to Maintankadin

Postby Salamandra » Sat Feb 28, 2009 9:03 pm

Block Value gear wouldn't really be helpful for Nexus Lords, given that some of the damage they do is Arcane and they hit for something like 8k, so not a huge amount is mitigated by blocking.

You certainly can tank 4 of them with 1 tank, but it is rather unnecessarily dangerous.
Salamandra

Previous

Return to T7: Naxx / Maly / Sarth / Archavon