Oldworld & BC content - how far can a trio get?

Strats / Info that doesn't fit in a specific instance

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, guillex

Oldworld & BC content - how far can a trio get?

Postby masterpoobaa » Sun Jan 11, 2009 7:04 pm

Im not quite at the level for solo'ing everything that moves.
Only got a mix of crafted blues, heroic purples and a few nax/T7 bits.

How many things do u think are possible with me tanking, 4000ap hunter as dps and a 1850+ heals holy priest?

Im figuring all Pre BC raids are possible.
All heroics, thou some would be a bit painful due to dps speed.
Anything else?
Ellifain @ Khaz'Goroth does not approve of torture, save where there's experience/rep/loot involved.
masterpoobaa

Location: Brisbane, Australia, Earth, Sol, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Universe.

Postby Invisusira » Sun Jan 11, 2009 7:54 pm

On the subject of heroics, me and a ret pally duo H Magister's on a daily basis for the mount/pet/orb, so I'd assume the others are trivial.
Invisusira

Postby Worldie » Mon Jan 12, 2009 9:52 am

About all heroics are soloable, 3 people should breeze throught them very quick.
You can as well 3men MC, ZG, AQ20, but for BWL you'll get cockblocked by Vaelastraz, and for AQ40 the first boss will own you via mind control <.<
Karazhan is 3mannable as well, but i fear the list of things you can do ends there.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Salamandra » Mon Jan 12, 2009 10:05 am

I suspect that you can do ZA with 3 people... 1 tank, 1 healer, 1 dps. 1 healer could probably heal through cleaves/bleeds, and if the dps is good you'll have pretty much the same dps as a normal level 70 ZA run.
Salamandra

Postby Morolann » Mon Jan 12, 2009 2:36 pm

Worldie wrote:You can as well 3men MC, ZG, AQ20, but for BWL you'll get cockblocked by Vaelastraz,

Forget about Vael, wouldn't Razorgore stop you getting in the door?
From what I remember of the fight, you'd need at least 1 on the control orb.
Then you've got the 4 corners and the Dragonkin as well.

I suppose if you've got 3 people (assuming Tank, DPS, Healer for the moment) you could have the DPS do the control orb, but I'd have thought that you'd soon get overwhelmed by Orcs and Dragonkin with only a single tank and healer trying to do everything else.

Then you've got Phase 2 with his Conflag & Agro dropping abilities, if you've got an awesome 3 man I guess it might be doable just, but I think it would probably require a lot of practice and/or prior experience with BWL.

Also with MC how would you take down Executus? the Healers were normally sheeped otherwise they heal up the Elites.

I guess we'd have full mana the entire time from Sanctuary, so we could just burn one target at a time until the healers had run out of mana but that's going to take a while I'd have thought.
Morolann

Postby Kelaan » Mon Jan 12, 2009 4:27 pm

Morolann wrote:I guess we'd have full mana the entire time from Sanctuary, so we could just burn one target at a time until the healers had run out of mana but that's going to take a while I'd have thought.

If you can't die, you have all the time in the world. ;) Remember that Garr used to take over an hour (was it more than 2? I think so...).
Kelaan

Postby Passionario » Tue Jan 13, 2009 3:14 am

Morolann wrote:Forget about Vael, wouldn't Razorgore stop you getting in the door?
From what I remember of the fight, you'd need at least 1 on the control orb.
Then you've got the 4 corners and the Dragonkin as well.

I suppose if you've got 3 people (assuming Tank, DPS, Healer for the moment) you could have the DPS do the control orb, but I'd have thought that you'd soon get overwhelmed by Orcs and Dragonkin with only a single tank and healer trying to do everything else.

Razorgore has been successfully 3-manned at level 70.
If you are not the flame, you're the fuel.
Passionario

Postby hoho » Tue Jan 13, 2009 3:52 am

Kara except Netherspire can probably be two-manned by healer+tank. Chess will probably be the most complicated fight :)
hoho

Postby Nakati » Tue Jan 13, 2009 4:22 am

Worldie wrote:for AQ40 the first boss will own you via mind control

Me and a resto druid tried to duo this guy and we actually got him to 60% or something one attempt, then we got screwed over by a teleport when he resets aggro and the druid got pummeled since he MCed me. COULD be doable with a bit of luck and uber quick reaction though he hurts like hell still when you got a couple of copies running about. A druid in treeform have absolutely no offensive abillities to use and will just stand there, in worst case meele you a little.

No can do with any other combo though.
Nakati

Postby dkunholytank » Tue Jan 13, 2009 4:37 am

Solo'd as unholy/blood spec, took some practise.

(First boss in aq40 im talking about)

Until glyph of death strike gets a nerf its soloable by a dk anyway
80 Deathknight Unholy Tank
Nagrand EU
30.3k health, 26k Armour
562 defense, 19% parry, 22%dodge
dkunholytank

Postby phaqueue » Tue Jan 13, 2009 5:22 am

Salamandra wrote:I suspect that you can do ZA with 3 people... 1 tank, 1 healer, 1 dps. 1 healer could probably heal through cleaves/bleeds, and if the dps is good you'll have pretty much the same dps as a normal level 70 ZA run.

me and my roommate (resto druid) 2-man Kara every week or so when we're bored... we have dropped everything through Curator (server was laggy then dropped after - so we couldn't finish)

with prot paladin/resto druid - we had the DPS of a bad level 70 pug on bosses, and around 2k DPS on trash...

I think adding a DPS class (especially a geared one) you should be able to keep up with any level 70 10-man raid goals...

also - we have 5-manned Magtheridon, and the first 4 bosses of BT...

Got gorefiend to 60% before the mechanic killed too many people

we definitely want to try to work out as much of hyjal as possible.... should be interesting
"Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so." -Douglas Adams
phaqueue

Postby Kelaan » Tue Jan 13, 2009 11:22 am

Passionario wrote:Razorgore has been successfully 3-manned at level 70.

Impressive. I'm not sure how they handled the caster adds, though. I expect the melee crowd would be easy-ish (with a second shield ;)) to survive, so just drag them around to the casters when they spawn? I'd say you could 4-man it much more easily, though. Heck, casters aside, I bet that with a tree druid they could heal-kite the melee (?)... though dragons might be rough. I know icouldnt do it but the druids I know are /awesome/. :D
Kelaan

Postby Morolann » Tue Jan 13, 2009 5:03 pm

Passionario wrote:Razorgore has been successfully 3-manned at level 70.

Very impressive, I wonder then would it be doable without the drood there for battle rez?

Hmmm i may have to con some people into trying this over the weekend :)
Morolann

Postby masterpoobaa » Tue Jan 13, 2009 8:25 pm

Coolies. good info all.

My GF priest tends to be a bit of a wuss... wouldnt believe me when i said we could do it with 3, so she demanded extra's.

Ended up taking a total of 7, all guildies or friends - i guess people wanted the achievment.
God it was easy with 7. strats on the bosses equated to:
Send tank in. Dps. Profit.

Next weekend ill try for AQ20/40.
Ellifain @ Khaz'Goroth does not approve of torture, save where there's experience/rep/loot involved.
masterpoobaa

Location: Brisbane, Australia, Earth, Sol, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Universe.

Postby Sarutankah » Tue Jan 13, 2009 11:28 pm

AQ20 = hook one of your chanter friends up with some recipes. I sell those old school enchants on scrolls often (on my lock).
Sarutankah

Next

Return to General Strats