Remove Advertisements

[25] Gluth - Kiting Adds

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, guillex

Postby azraelfrost » Tue Dec 23, 2008 11:35 am

We had 2 totems up and a DK was kiting them. You have to love their targeted AoE. He ended up with 43 stacks but with enough heal power in Naxx25 a pice of cake.

The next ID Gluth was tanked by someone else and I kited them with the help of a healadin. 3 Totems up that time. Just drop the totems on the side of the pits and you are good to go.
azraelfrost

Postby arilink » Wed Dec 24, 2008 6:44 am

Kited those zombies as well with assistance of 1 Mage to pick them up and 1 Frost Trap.
Definetely makes things easier.
arilink

Postby Arcand » Wed Dec 24, 2008 11:47 am

Tacoshell wrote:What works really well is putting JoL on Gluth while you kite, that threat draws the adds towards you very nicely.

This will only work for another couple weeks, so it's not something you want to get used to. If you're at wit's end and want that kill, though, have at it. ;)
Arcand

Postby Threatco » Fri Dec 26, 2008 12:15 am

I (prot pal) have always kited the adds. And who ever is OT does gluth.

With very bad shamans and worse hunters, it's basicly solo kiting. PoJ ftw.
Guild Leader of <Oblivion> on Arthas (PvP) US.
Glory of the Icecrown Raider 10 man 03/18/10
Glory of the Ulduar Raider 10 man 08/17/09.
Limitation strictly defined by motivation.
Threatco

Postby cordelia » Sat Dec 27, 2008 3:27 am

WTB: first hand reports of actually attempting to single tank the adds.

With good Block Rating, Block Value, and Avoidance, as well as some nice avoidance trinkets, it seems very do'able. Has anyone actually tried it?

PS> WTB: AoE JotJ
cordelia

Postby Threatco » Sat Dec 27, 2008 7:10 pm

Oh I can do it. First hand report confirmed. For about 5 seconds.

Infected Wound - Applied on a melee hit, increases physical damage taken by the target by 100. Stacks up to 99 times. Forces zombies to be kited rather than tanked.

Thats only 9900 bonus damage per hit. No big deal imo.
Last edited by Threatco on Sat Dec 27, 2008 7:50 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Guild Leader of <Oblivion> on Arthas (PvP) US.
Glory of the Icecrown Raider 10 man 03/18/10
Glory of the Ulduar Raider 10 man 08/17/09.
Limitation strictly defined by motivation.
Threatco

Postby Salamandra » Sat Dec 27, 2008 7:40 pm

It's not an armour debuff, it directly increases the amount of damage you take.

Note that having 0 armour against their attacks would be far, far, far better than what the debuff actually is.
Salamandra

Postby Zibey » Sun Dec 28, 2008 4:11 am

So yeah... I do this but I am like retarded at it. I feel like the main problem is that my raid just won't stack and there are people EVERYWHERE, so I can't always see the adds... then I don't really have a frost trap/ earthbind, though mages will sometimes frost nova (but in rather inconvenient areas).

I try to stay in the back but then there are ranged everywhere in the back, then the whole trying to kite thing just gets hard since if I'm near one end then an add spawns near the other (which I can hardly see) and just charges some ret pally (since they judge light) I can barely get to it...

Sometimes a hunter will frost trap, but again, the raid doesn't stack so zombies are everywhere, never near the frost trap, chasing random people and everyone is running around >.<

I don't know if it is the fact that my raid cannot stay still in a set position or if I just need to do something different? Perhaps I am somehow making my kiting like circles too wide?

It also doesn't help that without slow I'm either "kiting" where I have tons of zombies hitting me in the back (save those 2s when holy wrath is up) or backpedaling... This is probably the most frustrating encounter for me next to Patchwerk... Suggestions?

Your raiders are bad mister, and some of your problems were encountered by my 1st raid there, tho everyone got their crap together relatively fast, and we've killed him on 2nd attempt with only me kiting. Our mages were close to muting me on vent, after one of them frost nova'ed chows in the middle of stacked raid. In other words - your raid is crap, whip them a bit, and you are fine.

Kiting them is absolutely doable solo if others help you, or at least dont make it harder.
Gniev - The Maelstrom EU
Zibey

Postby mixiarse » Mon Jan 12, 2009 3:35 pm

I'm ret but with tanking gear so i poped my tanking gear and kited on that fight we killed boss on the third attempt. I hate kitting but have to admit my class is best at it.
Don't let mages anywere near you mobs though they have a tendancy to do dodgy things to them and its very annoying espailly knock back in the wrong direction.
mixiarse

Postby amh » Mon Jan 12, 2009 5:36 pm

cordelia wrote:WTB: first hand reports of actually attempting to single tank the adds.

http://wowwebstats.com/hskfug3wxtygw?s=337515-365396

There you go, it's very doable

Edit: Did you mean tank or kite? The posted WWS is while kiting
I used to play a paladin.
amh
Maintankadonor

Postby thando36 » Thu Jan 22, 2009 1:16 pm

best way is ranged all in one spot (about half way between boss the and "step down" in the middle of the room

have the hunter (or shaman, totems last longer) drop a trap (totem) and you stafe (its faster and you will avoid/block more attacks) around the trap (i find about 5-10 yards outside of the trap to work best)

every time you pass the ranged people you drop a cons to grab what you miss, mainly focus on grabing the zombies that spawn from the side grates while letting cons grab the ones from the middle (since they head for gluth or a healer)

after a few goes you will get the hang, last 25 man i got a total of 13 stacks at one time and i got them to fall off before the end. (done with just 1 shaman totem, i find a mark on the totem makes it easier to see)

EDIT: also a decent way to do this with 2 tanks (10 man), have a mage or something decent start tanking then while you let your other tank get about a 3 stack then you taunt off to let his drop then he taunt back and you head for adds, decimate shuld happen around his 5-6 stack, and as soon as decimate goes you holy wrath to stun em all and taunt gluth off and repeat (mage or whatever starting the second run again as his stacks should be gone by now)
thando36

Previous

Return to T7: Naxx / Maly / Sarth / Archavon