Remove Advertisements

[You Dont Have An Eternity] (5 min Malygos)

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, guillex

[You Dont Have An Eternity] (5 min Malygos)

Postby Joanadark » Mon Jan 12, 2009 12:29 pm

failed by 5 seconds.....
#$#T$%$@%$@#$@Z^$T

any ideas on how to get the freaking scions on the opposite side of your spark stack dead faster?

Got screwed in the meantime until reset cause some dumbass priest put SW:P on Malygos at the end of P2 and killed him after we'd failed.
Arkham's Razor: a theory which states the simplest explaination tends to lead to Cthulu.
Joanadark

Postby Cakes » Mon Jan 12, 2009 1:46 pm

Are you referring to 10 or 25 man? In the 10 man, whatever melee you have should be on the farthest scion as fast as possible. The most effecient way to kill them is to have ranged pick off the ones that are closest to the spark pile AND moving away. Chances are these are the ones that won't be dead by the time the spark buff runs out. We also had to split our ranged dps up a bit because they were overkilling targets by so much, thus wasting dps.

The 10 man timer is really loose. We had several attempts that we were going to lose by missing attacking him by a few seconds. When we ended up killing him, we had about a minute left on the timer going into p3.

The 25 man timer, however, is a lot tighter. We had about 30 seconds going into p3 and about 200k health to burn through.
Cakes

Re: [You Dont Have An Eternity] (5 min Malygos)

Postby Splug » Mon Jan 12, 2009 2:11 pm

Joanadark wrote:Got screwed in the meantime until reset cause some dumbass priest put SW:P on Malygos at the end of P2 and killed him after we'd failed.
At least you get to blame someone for actually screwing up. He shot one of our mages while he was falling and molten armor zapped him.

-Splug
Active raid character: http://www.wowarmory.com/character-shee ... an&n=Spyte
255 characters is not enough to fit my alts' armories in.
Splug
Maintankadonor

Postby Invisusira » Mon Jan 12, 2009 2:42 pm

Splug wrote:
Joanadark wrote:Got screwed in the meantime until reset cause some dumbass priest put SW:P on Malygos at the end of P2 and killed him after we'd failed.
At least you get to blame someone for actually screwing up. He shot one of our mages while he was falling and molten armor zapped him.

-Splug

hahaha
Invisusira

Postby Splug » Mon Jan 12, 2009 2:46 pm

Yeah, there was some serious raging going on while we were trying to track down the culprit, then someone found it in his log... and we couldn't even blame the guy who did it.

We've decided to stop letting healers get Denyin' the Scion next week and just force wipes in phase 2.

-Splug
Splug
Maintankadonor

Postby Joanadark » Fri Jan 16, 2009 12:31 am

got it today.

Only Immortal is left now between us and a guild full of 310% proto drakes.
Arkham's Razor: a theory which states the simplest explaination tends to lead to Cthulu.
Joanadark

Postby knaughty » Fri Jan 16, 2009 1:23 am

Splug wrote:

-Splug

Sorry, I'm with Invis: LOL! That's gold.

Of course, I wish I was that progressed >< We've tried 5 min one raid night. We need to do some work on druids & DKs not failing.

We've got the +3s both done, and the easy achievements for 10/25, but still working on pretty much all the hard ones.

I'll be surprised if we ever get "The Immortal"
This isn't the "Offtankadin" forum. My MoP FAQ: http://tinyurl.com/FAQ-5-0
- Knaughty.
knaughty
Maintankadonor

Location: Sydney, plotting my next diatribe against the forces of ignorance!

Postby Cakes » Fri Jan 16, 2009 1:42 am

Word to the wise: Lifetap + Decimate = ruined Immortal attempt and one pissed off raid leader.
Former GM and Raid Leader of Midwinter - US PVE Ysera
Cakes

Postby elfjorc » Fri Jan 16, 2009 5:26 am

Hey, at least you guys can actually make it through Heigan without someone dying.
elfjorc

Postby Mikasha » Fri Jan 16, 2009 11:01 am

elfjorc wrote:Hey, at least you guys can actually make it through Heigan without someone dying.

^^ This :(
Mikasha

Postby Markoh » Fri Jan 16, 2009 11:08 am

Cakes wrote:Word to the wise: Lifetap + Decimate = ruined Immortal attempt and one pissed off raid leader.

Not as much as Decimate + Seal of blood one minute after our raid leader said "Don't use anything that hurts you i.e. lifetap, seal of blood etc."

Needles to say that ret pally was sat and ridiculed the rest of the night, and would of been this week too if we didn't loose immortal on patchwerk b/c the druid hateful tank fat fingered his cancel shift macro and claimed the honors of the ridicule.
Markoh

Postby Conaan! » Fri Jan 16, 2009 11:24 am

elfjorc wrote:Hey, at least you guys can actually make it through Heigan without someone dying.

techno music, one of our members opens his mic and lets the blaring techno music through

first night we did that only one person died
Lore wrote:JEAPORDY: CREEPY BASEMENT EDITION
Conaan!

Postby Cakes » Fri Jan 16, 2009 11:31 am

Markoh wrote:<snip>...patchwerk b/c the druid hateful tank fat fingered his cancel shift macro and claimed the honors of the ridicule.

Our other group lost Immortal when the warrior fat fingered charge on Patchwerk. Needless to say, you can charge across the slime just fine, but landing in it is another matter.
Former GM and Raid Leader of Midwinter - US PVE Ysera
Cakes

Postby Splug » Fri Jan 16, 2009 12:33 pm

Yeah, we took down the Malygos achievement this week as well. We still need to do a bunch of 20-man raids, but Immortal's looking like it may be a while in the making. Thaddius seems to not be as lagged (too bad the entire warlock class is made of fail), but four horsemen has a Malygos p2-style server lapse. That's going to be fun.

-Splug
Splug
Maintankadonor

Postby Morganim » Sun Jan 18, 2009 5:17 am

Heigan.........
thaddius fucks us every week
Morganim

Next

Return to T7: Naxx / Maly / Sarth / Archavon