Remove Advertisements

60 raid soloing spec

How to get started.

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, lythac

60 raid soloing spec

Postby Sandoggg » Fri Jan 09, 2009 8:59 am

inspired by taragon's video, i'm thinking of trying some stuff like soloing zg and maybe even mc.

"Specs included:
The Cookie Cutter Maintank specs
a 0/31/40 spec for Hs/AoW/Jotw/Fant
and 0/36/35 spec with HS/AD/AoW/Jotw"

just wondering if anyone could enlighten me on these. done quite a bit of searching but can't find any specs like these.

put some together but i'm quite inexperienced when it comes to making paladin trees.

for potential criticism, here's what i made:
http://www.wowhead.com/?talent=sZaxqA0z0tZEcMx0I0f0sx

thanks for any insight/input
Sandoggg

Postby Sandoggg » Mon Jan 12, 2009 9:32 am

not even a critique of the spec?

a simple "yeah, that should work" would suffice :cry:
Sandoggg

Postby Jasari » Mon Jan 12, 2009 10:04 am

Any level 60 non-gimick fight is pretty easy to solo as 80 in any spec (probably a little harder as holy). I'd just stay whatever spec you raid as and have fun!
Jasari

Postby CircuAuchindoun » Tue Jan 13, 2009 8:01 am

Confirmed.
I farm Karazan, ZG, and MC weekly. However you might want to pull in some friends for Baron. (stupid Thunderfury still in pieces.)

Standard tanking spec is more then effective.
CircuAuchindoun

Postby Subject » Tue Jan 13, 2009 8:14 am

I just do Onyxia weekly for the gold as I am far too lazy to do anything else with my standard 5/60/6 spec.

Circu do you do every boss in ZG? I was considering farming the tiger boss but dealing with heals and killing em all at the same time might be some what problematic. Any advice.
Subject - Female Blood Elf Paladin of Tortheldrin
Subject - Male Human Paladin of Arthas (Sold Pre-2.4)
Subject

Postby twilytgardnfaery » Tue Jan 13, 2009 9:18 am

CircuAuchindoun wrote:Confirmed.
I farm Karazan, ZG, and MC weekly. However you might want to pull in some friends for Baron. (stupid Thunderfury still in pieces.)

Agreed. Baron is something of a hassle alone. I'd probably farm more if I were more patient, but honestly, I'm just happy to go in, kill stuff, know I can do it, and be done with it. Garr and Baron are only exceptions because one of the DPS I would typically bring in for this stuff wants the bindings too, even though we're not dead certain he can use them yet >.<
twilytgardnfaery

Postby Chunes » Tue Jan 13, 2009 9:24 am

twilytgardnfaery wrote:
CircuAuchindoun wrote:Confirmed.

Agreed. Baron is something of a hassle alone. I'd probably farm more if I were more patient, but honestly, I'm just happy to go in, kill stuff, know I can do it, and be done with it. Garr and Baron are only exceptions because one of the DPS I would typically bring in for this stuff wants the bindings too, even though we're not dead certain he can use them yet >.<

http://www.wowhead.com/?item=18564

"War, Pala, Huntard, Rogue"

bring a caster imo :P
Chunes

Postby Tiatix » Thu Jan 15, 2009 9:18 am

I'll agree with what's being said here. Older content is solo-able in a maintank spec, but I will also say that a HS/JotW hybrid can really help speed things up.

The big problem that I had with a full Tank spec was mana. I'd always end up low and it slowed kills down. JotW really helps me keep enough mana while waiting on the cooldown for Divine Plea.

I haven't solo'd a great deal of content, but I've done a few kills so far.

As for your proposed spec, let me offer a few thoughts:

I wouldn't take BoK, you'll be using BoS a lot.
Benediction seems useless to me, those points could be spent better elsewhere.
I would pick up Art of War. In some encounters, it's nice to have the insta-heal.
I'd also try to pick up Argent Defender ... there's encounters that have higher damage than healing (from SoL/JoL) until you drop into that AD range.
You'll want 2 points in Guardian's Favor. Reducing that cooldown to 3 mins is really nice.

To be honest, I switched over to the JotW/HS spec that Taragon listed in his video thread. It's a great spec.
Tiatix

Postby Airenis » Thu Jan 15, 2009 1:46 pm

Are you saying that as a lvl 80 epic'ed out prot pally I can solo Kara entirely?

Regards
Someone must die... and it wont be me!!!
Airenis

Postby Sandoggg » Thu Jan 15, 2009 8:58 pm

thanks for all the input, especially tiatix for the critique.
excited to put it into play.

edit: revised spec
http://www.wowhead.com/?talent=sZ0xiA0uotxZgf0xbI0fMc
got points in benediction because i didn't see what else to put them into. same with reckoning.
Sandoggg

Postby Jasari » Fri Jan 16, 2009 8:09 am

Airenis wrote:Are you saying that as a lvl 80 epic'ed out prot pally I can solo Kara entirely?

Regards

You won't be able to do Netherspite. Other than that I don't think there are any technical limitations to soloing all the other bosses.
Jasari

Postby sandmaster » Fri Jan 16, 2009 1:07 pm

I'm not quite sure on all the bosses but i'm pretty sure quite a few have hard enrage timers?

I remember trying to 2 man kara at 70 and maiden was doable but after like 15 or 20 mins she enraged and owned me :(
sandmaster

Return to Basic Training & Talents