[10] Sarth+3 kill video.

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, guillex

[10] Sarth+3 kill video.

Postby knaughty » Sat Jan 10, 2009 6:45 am

Download from Filefront

Mage PoV, our progression kill on Jan 4th (we did 25-man the following day).

I manage to tank a bit of everything, and skillful editing by the mage manages to to make me actually look good! :shock:

Actually, it gives a pretty decent overview of what's going on. Happy to answer any questions.
This isn't the "Offtankadin" forum. My MoP FAQ: http://tinyurl.com/FAQ-5-0
- Knaughty.
knaughty
Maintankadonor

Location: Sydney, plotting my next diatribe against the forces of ignorance!

Postby kram » Sat Jan 10, 2009 3:08 pm

What kind of group setup do you have for this?
kram

Postby Invisusira » Sat Jan 10, 2009 3:33 pm

Nice kill! Posting on my guild forums.
Invisusira

Postby Invisusira » Sat Jan 10, 2009 3:35 pm

Oh, also, what was the second song (the Tiesto one, not the Bittersweet Symphony one).
Invisusira

Postby Lisson » Sat Jan 10, 2009 3:40 pm

Nicely done.

we have some realm drama about our server first for this... some dicks went in and used the disc. priest exploit.

looks like 2 tanks (you and a druid) and 3 heals?
Lisson

Postby kram » Sat Jan 10, 2009 3:46 pm

Lisson wrote:disc. priest exploit.

Which exploit is that?
kram

Postby Lisson » Sat Jan 10, 2009 4:01 pm

the Disc priest walks into the instance, runs to the lava (doesnt need to kill any trash) and power word shield himself, doing some heals.

the talent Reflective shields will proc on the lava damage, reflecting the damage back to sarth but not doing any threat (and not putting the priest into combat with sarth)
so after an hour or 3, sarth will be at around 2% life, the group then zones in and kills sarth in 10 seconds, no drakes land and u get all 5 achievements (killing sarth, 1 drake, 2 drake, 3 drakes, not being hit by lava strikes, and a free title)
Lisson

Postby knaughty » Sat Jan 10, 2009 6:59 pm

kram wrote:What kind of group setup do you have for this?

Quoting (and editing slightly) a response our prot warrior wrote to the same question on the guild forum:

kittenlicks wrote:We used 3 tanks, with a 4th (DPS dk/ret pally) as backup whelp tank.

Panda (feral druid) on Sarth.
Kittenlicks (prot warrior) on Drakes.
Knaughty (prot pally) on Lava adds and whelps.
with Blighter (unholy dk) backing him up.

In the video I died while DPS were in the portal working on Vesperon's disciple, so you don't see Knaughty pick up Vesperon. I was then battle ressed, and I took over Knaughty's job on the adds while he stayed on Vesperon. Once drakes were down, Knaughty took Sarth so Panda could enervate Danomite (holy priest). Our tanking team are a jack of all trades! :)

EDIT: Raid comp was focused around having a high level of control, while keeping up stupidly high dps.

We took classes that could switch their roles in crunch points. So a DK that could tank, and an ele shaman that could heal, etc.

Feral druid (sarth)
Prot warrior (drakes)
Prot pally (adds)

mage
warlock
ret pally
death knight (back up add tank)
elemental shaman (back up healer in crunch points)

holy priest (raid, whelp tank and drake tank healer)
resto druid (raid and sarth tank healer)

To expand a little.

Blighter the DK is in DPS gear with a DPS focussed spec (think he had a few tanking talents) but he's a very good tank when required. The main time he's required to cover add-duty is the brief period where I'm required to run over to fairly close to the bear to drop HoSac on him. You need to be close in case he has to move away due to a flame wall. So I'm 20 yards out of position, not casting so I'm not on GCD, waiting for the HoSac call. If one or two adds spawn at that time, he's focussed on picking them up till I get back.

DK also uses Death Grip if required to clear adds off healers, and also uses single-target taunt to clear any adds that end up on Drake or Sarth tank.

He also tanks disciples.

If required, Ret pally can cover most of those as well (lacks single-target taunt, obviously).

We reach the DPS requirement with 3 tanks by only having the two healers, and by having Bloodlust in the group (though we got pretty good at managing without it as it was only up every 2nd attempt).

All tanks know all roles, but Prots don't have the health pool for Sarth duty while Disciple is up.

Fight is won or lost in first 2 minutes, basically, which is nice.
- Knaughty.
knaughty
Maintankadonor

Postby knaughty » Sat Jan 10, 2009 7:01 pm

Lisson wrote:the group then zones in and kills sarth in 10 seconds, no drakes land and u get all 5 achievements (killing sarth, 1 drake, 2 drake, 3 drakes, not being hit by lava strikes, and a free title)

And a perma-ban for exploiting.
- Knaughty.
knaughty
Maintankadonor

Postby kram » Sat Jan 10, 2009 7:18 pm

We run two tanks / two healers, adding a 3rd tank seems alot less... stressful. Ill probably fraps our next kill.
kram

Postby knaughty » Sat Jan 10, 2009 7:31 pm

Invisusira wrote:Oh, also, what was the second song (the Tiesto one, not the Bittersweet Symphony one).

Lovestoned (Tiesto Remix)
Lisson wrote:looks like 2 tanks (you and a druid) and 3 heals?

Nah, watch who tanks the drakes. It isn't me on drakes until after disciple phase (which wasn't planned).

I'm the cutesy belfadin girl in the blue cloak. You first get a decent glance of me at 1:15 ish.

The adds and whelps are near the drakes so much because that way they get a lot of passive AoE damage from the DK, the ret pally and FireyBombThingy from the fire mage. So I tank them as close to the drakes as possible as often as possible. At various points I'm actually DPSing the current drake target and holding adds via consecrate only (every bit counts).
- Knaughty.
knaughty
Maintankadonor

Postby Lisson » Sat Jan 10, 2009 7:41 pm

ya, i downloaded the vid and actually watched it, rather than cooking lunch for my kids/listening to the music lol.

the big difference from our 10 man vs. yours is my group is really heavy melee, where yours is caster.

amazing job, this fight is hard.

and from what i heard the people that exploited on my server got a suspension and the titles/achievements erased.
Lisson

Postby knaughty » Sat Jan 10, 2009 7:52 pm

kram wrote:We run two tanks / two healers, adding a 3rd tank seems alot less... stressful. Ill probably fraps our next kill.

Yeah, we tried it a few times, and J.H.F.Christ, Drake+Add duty s hard work.

Maybe I could have done it eventually... maybe not.

But 5 DPS is easily enough to get drake down before 2nd whelps (we've done it without Bloodlust).

It's amusing to go through the video with a fine toothed comb and see what everyone is doing.

Coit, (ele shaman), heals a TON throughout the bits with two drakes and disciples up. I do wish we had a vid of 4:25 to 4:45 though (the bit the prot warrior was dead). Nastre pops out of disciple-zone and I'm happily tanking a dozen flame adds + a drake...
- Knaughty.
knaughty
Maintankadonor

Postby knaughty » Sat Jan 10, 2009 7:55 pm

Lisson wrote:the big difference from our 10 man vs. yours is my group is really heavy melee, where yours is caster.

Pretty balanced, actually.

2 melee DPS:
• Ret pally
• DPS DK (who tanks a little)

3 ranged
• FFB mage
• Warlock
• Ele-shaman (who heals a lot)

and from what i heard the people that exploited on my server got a suspension and the titles/achievements erased.

Good. I've never understood why people cheat in an MMO. I've always refused to allow any guild I've been in do it.
- Knaughty.
knaughty
Maintankadonor

Postby Lisson » Sat Jan 10, 2009 9:12 pm

Oh, thought of one more question.
on every attempt, did u have to HoSac the sarth tank? or only on X ammount of attempts.
Lisson

Next

Return to T7: Naxx / Maly / Sarth / Archavon