Remove Advertisements

[25] Patchwerk

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, guillex

Postby semp » Fri Jan 09, 2009 11:00 am

Having geared holy paladins makes pathwerk lol. double beacon game over. healers need to be spamming the hateful tank(s), make sure your melee are jumping into the slime and start the fight without fort buffs. We typically do this fight with 2/3 tanks and 5/6 healers depending who logged on.
semp

Postby Andox » Fri Jan 09, 2009 11:16 am

dmok wrote:
Andox wrote:We are in the situation where we are attempting to do Patchwerk asap. So I have some questions.

How is his strikes working? Everyone is telling me different. Some people say that the top HP targets will get hit by hit (They also say that we should dip the DPS in the slime to get them to 50% HP), other people say that HP don't matter, but the threat does. They say that the top 3 on aggrolist will get hit, nomatter what HP they have. Others say that the top 3 *WITH* the highest HP will get hit, ie. some DPS when the OT's just got some strikes.

Now I ask you, what is correct? Myself, I think that the strike will hit the top 3 on aggrolist, that sounds so much better than the top HP or top on aggro + HP.

Patchwerk hits the #2 or #3 on his threatlist in melee range with hateful strikes. The one he targets is the one with more health currently.

Okey, then it is a good tactic to put the melee in the slime?
Andox

Postby Wolvar » Fri Jan 09, 2009 11:18 am

I find that strat silly. If you assign your healers to their targets appropriately there's really no need for it.
Wolvar

Postby Belarkan » Fri Jan 09, 2009 11:24 am

You won't have a 50/50% damage between the HT tanks.
We go with 2 tanks, 1 druid dps in bear form.

On the HT a discipline priest is just incredible there.

And this:
Wolvar wrote:I find that strat silly. If you assign your healers to their targets appropriately there's really no need for it.
Last edited by Belarkan on Fri Jan 09, 2009 11:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
Belarkan

Postby Belloc » Fri Jan 09, 2009 11:27 am

I'm getting sick of this slime shit.

Hateful strike 10-man: Hits the 2nd on threat.

Hateful strike 25-man: 2nd and 3rd on threat are the only possible targets. It will hit whichever of those 2 have the highest current health.

The only reason you should EVER consider putting melee in the slime is if you don't have a 3rd tank on 25-man. Even so, the only melee that would need to go into the slime is the one that is 3rd on threat.

Putting melee in the slime is a failure.
Belloc

Postby Sober » Sat Jan 10, 2009 1:16 am

The other night we just couldn't make it past PW, just wondering, does he have parry-haste mechanics, so should we just stand the OTs behind him?
Sober

Postby Worldie » Sat Jan 10, 2009 3:05 am

Patchwerk has no parry haste according to blues
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Andox » Sat Jan 10, 2009 3:44 am

Belloc wrote:I'm getting sick of this slime shit.

Hateful strike 10-man: Hits the 2nd on threat.

Hateful strike 25-man: 2nd and 3rd on threat are the only possible targets. It will hit whichever of those 2 have the highest current health.

The only reason you should EVER consider putting melee in the slime is if you don't have a 3rd tank on 25-man. Even so, the only melee that would need to go into the slime is the one that is 3rd on threat.

Putting melee in the slime is a failure.

So even if we have it like this:

Threatlist

1. MT
2. OT1
3. OT2
4. DPS1
5. DPS2

Even if OT1 and OT2 got like 15k HP each, will Patchwerk hit them and kill them instead of hitting DPS 1 who got 24k HP? So it is totally IMPOSSIBLE that he hit #4 or #5, even if they got more HP than #2 and #3?
Andox

Previous

Return to T7: Naxx / Maly / Sarth / Archavon