Can we solo MgT (to Delrissa)?

Strats / Info that doesn't fit in a specific instance

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, guillex

Can we solo MgT (to Delrissa)?

Postby Kelaan » Tue Jan 06, 2009 2:31 pm

Apparently, my search-fu sucks, as I can't seem to find topics talking about soloing Delrissa for the Commendation. I could have sworn I had seen such a thread. Has anyone had good luck soloing Magister's Terrace?
Kelaan

Postby Arca » Wed Jan 07, 2009 4:39 am

Are you wanting for posterity or to actually use it?

As far as soloing, that trash has some of the highest magical damage out put a 5man had seen up to that point in the game, I doubt it would be worth the time/repairs.
Arca

Postby dkunholytank » Wed Jan 07, 2009 4:56 am

Same as what Arca posted.

I'd recommend grabbing a healer and maybe going ret and forcing through there :D
80 Deathknight Unholy Tank
Nagrand EU
30.3k health, 26k Armour
562 defense, 19% parry, 22%dodge
dkunholytank

Postby Elsie » Wed Jan 07, 2009 8:12 am

Yes, it's possible to solo the trash. I think the first boss might be impossible or very hard due to the mana drain. The second boss is easy, but you might need arcane resist. The third boss could be solo'd if you do not get Apoko and get mostly melee-types.

Basically you'll need to kill the Blood Knight first, or stun the blood knight while bursting down the mage/physician. Otherwise he heals without any mana loss.
Elsie

Postby Belloc » Wed Jan 07, 2009 8:52 am

Trash will seldom be a problem. The majority of trash attacks will be misses.

Now, on Normal mode, I was able to pull the first boss AND his entire room at once. It wasn't terribly hard, but it did get annoying near the end. On heroic, you could probably kill off the casters and some of the more annoying melee mobs and simply let the rest beat on you while you kill the boss. That would keep your mana up.

The second boss, however, sucks. The adds will hit you on occasion with their casts, and that hurts. If you decide to kill them (you must single target them, as AOEs do not affect them), you will start taking a TON of damage. I found this boss to be difficult on normal mode and I honestly don't know if he could be soloed on heroic. Perhaps if you had some arcane resist, you might be able to manage... but he's tough. I had to bubble and use LoH to bring him down on normal.

Delrissa, on the other hand, is actually quite easy. She heals for a lot, but she is stunnable. Hit her with as much burst as you can (remember, she's a humanoid, so no exorcism), and then stun her. Burst her some more, and she'll go down. The shaman healer doesn't put out much in the way of healing, fortunately. The rest of the mobs go down pretty simply once Delrissa is dead. Just use as much AOE as you can throughout the fight, and save Avenger's Shield for when you do your big burst to kill Delrissa.

Also, if you want to try Kael'thas, throw up FR aura and hope for the best. The phoenix isn't hard at all, but Kael's fireballs aren't partially resistable (only fully). If you don't get lucky with resists, you'll find yourself dead quickly. If you could manage mana well, you could probably heal yourself up quite often. Phase 2 is a big joke.
Belloc

Postby majiben » Wed Jan 07, 2009 11:13 am

The VE resist trinket and the old arcane resist BoE plate will likely be enough to get you through the second boss easily enough.
Amirya wrote:some bizarre lovechild of Hawking, Einstein, and Theck
majiben

Postby Zeels » Wed Jan 07, 2009 4:16 pm

bat wai?
By the Power of Grey Skull!

Lvl 80 Spanks you very much Spankadin!

Spank
Zeels

Postby Palalaladin » Thu Jan 08, 2009 9:04 am

i duoed heroics with my friend moonkin and it was pretty tough i must say (and my set is almost from 25 man really).
packs-not really huge problem, casters hurt and I can imagine solo it might be pretty easy to aggro other group as you need to go after casters.
first boss is joke really, my friend forgot to tell me hes afk so i had to solo the boss. he doesnt hit hard at all, really not any problem.
2ns boss is dps check, we made it just in time really, friend died, and i killed the boss in bubble. Unless bringing arcane set, i cannot see you kill this guy honestly as the dmg stacks terribly.
Already packs before 3rd boss were hard, 3rd boss wasnt that bad. we had lock and even though it used to be one of easiest set ups, its really bad when you get no heals, cos everything takes so much longer, so you get feared more etc.
i thought we cannot do KT but this guy is really not bad. we had plenty of dps to beat the pyroblast enrage, doubt you can do it solo but i guess you just bubble. then, take your time and kill it.

arcane torrent is huge help in this instance really.

let me know if you can solo it, i plan on farming the mount just like i did with setheks :-).
Palalaladin(VoS), US-Sargeras
Palalaladin

Postby hoho » Thu Jan 08, 2009 9:09 am

Palalaladin wrote:2ns boss is dps check
You know when you slow your DPS down enough so that damage debuff wears off before you get additional sparks it is much easier ;)

At L70 hardest was when group decided to nuke it down asap. Often people just died at the last 10% or so. When they slowed down a bit it was a lot less stressful.
hoho

Postby Palalaladin » Thu Jan 08, 2009 9:13 am

hoho wrote:
You know when you slow your DPS down enough so that damage debuff wears off before you get additional sparks it is much easier ;)

At L70 hardest was when group decided to nuke it down asap. Often people just died at the last 10% or so. When they slowed down a bit it was a lot less stressful.

ya but it was kinda healing intensive during those "quiet" moments. SoL+JoL dont think would be enough. you also had to go through the rape part of last 30% or so, dunno if you can burn though it that fast.

but i havent tried it so it is just the scared me remembering the "oO, gonna die in this bloody 70 lvl instance" :-).
Palalaladin(VoS), US-Sargeras
Palalaladin

Postby Belloc » Thu Jan 08, 2009 10:46 am

hoho wrote:

That doesn't apply when soloing, as you don't have a healer. SoL/JoL will not make up for the damage you are taking.
Belloc

Postby Kelaan » Fri Jan 09, 2009 5:03 pm

Zeels wrote:bat wai?

Why? Primarily because I'd like the option of the trinket; it's still pretty nice, since I don't have eitherof the level 80 +Def trinkets. I wouldn't mind the extra health (what there is of it), but the ~3% dodge proc seems like it's a very nice option.

Is much of the trash skippable? I agree that bringing a healer (or ele shaman? :D) would be easier. I really don't care about Kael'thas at all, but I wouldn't mind having the Commendation as a gearing option.
Kelaan

Postby Tropicana » Sat Jan 10, 2009 11:04 pm

Been having issues with this boss not becoming lootable after killing everything.
Tropicana

Postby Belloc » Mon Jan 12, 2009 10:35 am

Oh yeah, I forgot to mention that.

When I solo'd normal MgT, Delrissa was unlootable. I don't know if it's the same for a full group, but you won't be able to get her loot solo.
Belloc

Postby Aysun » Sun Feb 01, 2009 1:21 am

I managed to solo all of heroic MgT. I mostly used retri and BV gear (badge/heroic level), ending up with 3kish AP and 1500ish BV. This was pre-double-ShoR fix but I imagine it's still doable.

No orb, no mount. :(
Aysun - level 80 Paladin - Zenedar EU
Avah - level 80 Shaman - Zenedar EU
Ferra - level 80 Rogue - Zenedar EU
Aysun

Next

Return to General Strats