Solo Ony as ret. Possible?

Strats / Info that doesn't fit in a specific instance

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, guillex

Solo Ony as ret. Possible?

Postby Shoju » Fri Jan 09, 2009 2:46 pm

I know there are other ret pallies around than just me. I'm trying to figure out if we can solo Ony as ret. I tried a while back (with lesser gear) and was able to get her to about 55% before the whelps ate me. I was sealing light, judging wisdom, Sacred Shield, Free FoL's, and strike + judge on her (Ds on whelps only). I ended up with about 12 whelps up at a time on P2, and it just ate me alive.

Can it be done? I have picked up 2k hp (and can pick up almost 1k more by swapping bracers) and 400 or so AP since then. I'm hesitant to give it another go, but thought I would check to see if anyone else has had much luck 2h'ing her into the ground.
Shoju

Postby Tropicana » Fri Jan 09, 2009 2:58 pm

Was possible as ret at 70. So, I'm assuming you are 80, you shouldn't have a problem. Personally, I first solo'd her at 76, as ret. Seal wisdom, judge wisdom, fire resist aura, sacred shield, mana shouldn't be a problem, use all your abilities freely.
Tropicana

Postby Sarutankah » Fri Jan 09, 2009 3:52 pm

Yeah it's pretty easy - ensure you are topped up for P3 though - fears can get you a bit low with a couply crits.

Flash of light glyph helps in this fight, constantly one hot and sometimes 2 on you.
Sarutankah

Postby Robbo » Fri Jan 09, 2009 8:12 pm

Very doable, seal light, judge light, swap to wisdom if you need it. I usually wear a sword and board just cause it makes me feel warm inside. I do Judge/CS/DS, but only Cons when there's whelps.

Last time I did it, it only took 18 minutes, so its definitely worth the effort.
Robbo
Maintankadonor

Postby Kelaan » Fri Jan 09, 2009 9:44 pm

Robbo wrote:Last time I did it, it only took 18 minutes, so its definitely worth the effort.

It only takes about 20 minutes as Prot, also -- and I bet I could get it to be less if I played smarter. :D
Kelaan

Postby Bunni » Sat Jan 10, 2009 4:01 am

I found it easier as ret than I did as prot (in blue heroic/rep gear for both). It wasn't particularly difficult either way but went a lot faster as ret (with better gear and skill I guess you can pull the time down but it took me 45 min as prot). I did about the same as Robbo, light/wisdom and left consecration out of the rotation other than the first big whelp spawn in p2. I just stick with my 2h'er though, haven't noticed any real need to go 1h/shield.
Keeping the gaming world safe for old folks. www.theoldergamers.com
Bunni

Return to General Strats