Remove Advertisements

ramps money runs? What does this mean?

Strats / Info that doesn't fit in a specific instance

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, guillex

ramps money runs? What does this mean?

Postby Shoju » Thu Jan 08, 2009 1:43 pm

I have heard people on here talk about running ramps for cash. I get that it's a solo run, but how much gold are we talking here? Is it profitable?
Shoju

Postby etherbadger » Thu Jan 08, 2009 5:39 pm

OVER 9000!
etherbadger

Postby Kelaan » Thu Jan 08, 2009 5:52 pm

More seriously:

Someone said that they could solo normal Ramparts quickly (~10-12 minutes?), I think as Ret. I'll have to try it and see... you probably want to skip the trash that does knockdowns.
Kelaan

Postby Sarutankah » Thu Jan 08, 2009 6:40 pm

Ramps solo at 80 with ret set is around 10 minutes (record of 9 minutes something but I don't bother to time it any more).

Get around 10-20g in cash from greens, chest and trash.

Around 20-30g in blue drops (all 2h weapons vendor for 8g ish, the resil ring also vendors for 7-8g)

I make more money lately as I de the greens for the essence/dust for mongoose enchants that I sell on the ah for 350-400g.

also make Wizardweave robes from the runecloth that often de's into 2x Greater Eternal Essence which still sells for 16g+ per essence on my server.

Ignoring doing anything else and just vendoring stuff I would be surprised if you didn't make a good 200g from 5 runs. the better your ret gear gets the more mobs you can plow on a quick run for more cloth and more cash... looting is a time killer though.
Sarutankah

Postby Kelaan » Thu Jan 08, 2009 8:52 pm

Any reason to be using ret gear rather than tanking/BV gear?
Kelaan

Postby Worldie » Thu Jan 08, 2009 9:45 pm

If your bv gear sucks, ret gear > tanking gear simply cause you 2shot mobs.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Shoju » Fri Jan 09, 2009 2:34 pm

What would be good ret gear for this kind of speed run? I'm full time ret,

2844 AP
28.71% crit
18224 HP
13250 AC

Would that be good enough for the speed runs? Or are we talking full on Naxx gear? (I only have 2pc t7)
Shoju

Postby Kelaan » Fri Jan 09, 2009 2:38 pm

Worldie wrote:If your bv gear sucks, ret gear > tanking gear simply cause you 2shot mobs.

Can you clarify on the level of sucking? :) Currently I have zero ret gear, so I tend to solo in my BV gear (~1400). It's clearly better than the ret gear I have, but ... is it feasible for this sort of farming?
Kelaan

Postby Sarutankah » Fri Jan 09, 2009 3:18 pm

My block value gear is fine but ret is just faster as you can skip so much trash you never really get to the point where you have enough mobs beating on you.

And 4-6k dps per trash pack > prot dps.

I do h ramps/h shattered as prot and also aq20 zg mc etc so my prot gear is fine but if I have done the other things I need to be prot for and am waiting for resets or need some G I respec ret and run ramps – I also find it fun to run a few heroics as ret (unless tank gear drops.. then not so fun )
Sarutankah

Re: ramps money runs? What does this mean?

Postby Bundy » Sun Jun 28, 2009 10:40 pm

I ran it last night first as Prot, then as Fury (Warrior) and I must say that prot is faster. Simply because I could pull groups of 15 and AoE them down. In Fury I would have surely died if I pulled anymore than 5 it seemed. God if only bladestorm still hit every mob around you this would be a gold mine! I could run it in 5 mins easy hehe.

Anyways I made about 100g in 2 runs I think, not bad at all. And both times a ran it, some 59-60 wsp me asking for if he could tag along but not loot. I just had him loot everything while I killed it and give me all the greens and shit later. And if something drops they want just have em give you the vendor price for it, everyone wins. I probly lost a few gold from splitting the gold drops but oh well. You could always charge em a few gold per run to make up the difference if it matters that much.

Overall this works pretty well, it would be alot better if I was an enchanter im sure. But right now the runecloth that drops (6+ stacks per 2 runs) sells for 8-9g a stack.
Bundy

Re:

Postby Vhing » Tue Sep 22, 2009 9:33 am

Shoju wrote:What would be good ret gear for this kind of speed run? I'm full time ret,

2844 AP
28.71% crit
18224 HP
13250 AC

Would that be good enough for the speed runs? Or are we talking full on Naxx gear? (I only have 2pc t7)

I have decent Ret gear that I got mostly from ToC (and 1 or 2 from Naxx) but since I just use it to solo and do dailies, I have no chants and very few gems, my hit rating is crap...prolly around 100, but can solo most BC heroics with no problems. Ramps and BF are cake-walks...but I am dual-spec'd into Ret and usually end trash encounters with full health and mana.

So...I'm sure your gear is MORE than adequate.

If this is something people are wanting to do, I would suggest rolling off-spec for any plate (and Edge of Ruin) that drops while farming Prot gear in ToC...run with clothies and they could care less if you roll "need" on any plate. I even have a bunch of healer plate in the slim chance that I ever spec holy.
Vhing

Return to General Strats