Figurine : The Dawnstone Crab (JC Only)

Get help with your character's gear

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, majiben, lythac, Digren

Figurine : The Dawnstone Crab (JC Only)

Postby honorshammer » Mon Oct 08, 2007 12:47 pm

Under Lore's ideas for gear posts: "I got this item and here's what I think about it".

It's tough being a JC. We don't have any uber crafted epics. We can't craft anything of such power as to need a Primal Nether.

But one thing we can craft (once you hit Revered with Honor Hold) is the Dawnstone Crab.

At first I was not too impressed with this little baby, but the more I play, and the more I tank, the more I like it.

Figurine - Dawnstone Crab
Binds when picked up
Unique
Trinket
Requires Level 70
Equip: Increases defense rating by 32.
Use: Increases dodge rating by 125 for 20 sec.

Basically, what you have here is a blue version of Moroes Lucky Pocketwatch.

What has happened is this has become one of my the first buttons I go for when things start getting a bit tight, that is anytime I drop under 40%. The dodge on this thing gives my healers a little time to catch up and has saved me from dying on more than one occaison.

This along with my Darkmoon Card: Vengence are stables in my tanking set. I still use Figurine of the Collosus for AoE grinding. If you haven't been able to snag the Pocketwatch, or you are not in Kara yet, this is a good substitute. If you have the Pocketwatch and this, vendor the Dawnstone Crab. If you have the Pocketwatch and don't have this, don't bother crafting it.
honorshammer

Postby Vanifae » Mon Oct 08, 2007 1:04 pm

it is nice, I think the Pocketwatch is better but I have both.

A nice Trinket to have on the journey to Uncrushable and beyond.
This is why I'm a humorless feminist. Because rape jokes killed my sense of humor.
Minnerva wrote:if you act like a jerk then we push you away unless when born the girl got slapped around by her father.
Vanifae

Postby adese » Mon Oct 08, 2007 2:22 pm

I actually use this when tanking Hydross. The passive +defense is a great boost to help me get to uncrittable with resist gear on. The on use is ok - I'm not entirely sure if you can dodge their attacks or not, but the +defense more than makes up for it (for this one fight, anyway).
adese

Re: Figurine : The Dawnstone Crab (JC Only)

Postby Conneur » Wed Oct 10, 2007 7:59 am

Honorshammer wrote:Basically, what you have here is a blue version of Moroes Lucky Pocketwatch.

More of a Dabiri's Enigma equivilant, when you're looking for a dodge use more so than a block rating use. (for fights where you just know block's about to fall off the table) *grin*
Ensuring the loss of the maiden's virtue.
Conneur

Re: Figurine : The Dawnstone Crab (JC Only)

Postby lusisia » Wed Oct 10, 2007 8:08 am

Conneur wrote:
Honorshammer wrote:Basically, what you have here is a blue version of Moroes Lucky Pocketwatch.

More of a Dabiri's Enigma equivilant, when you're looking for a dodge use more so than a block rating use. (for fights where you just know block's about to fall off the table) *grin*

I actually love my dawnstone crab and right now I'm using it with Dabri's.

The nice thing about the crab is that when I pop it, I'm pretty much unhittable. I typically save it for when I have an oh shit moment. My understanding is that trinket combined with the pocket watch can make you almost untouchable for the duration as they don't share a cooldown.
"then somehow people manage not to see the forty fucking foot tall of fucking fiery flames of fucking doom ... and we wipe." - Isolfr
"It turns out that a large number of people are whiny motherfuckers ..." - PsiVen
lusisia
Maintankadonor

Postby Ralthos » Wed Oct 10, 2007 2:47 pm

Indeed, Pocket Watch + Crab do not share a cooldown. I use them both in my raid tank set. Really, you can't go wrong with them together unless you're so far over the uncrushable line that you can start stam bombing in your trinket slots.

I haven't quite hit that point yet. I'm quite content with where my trinkets stand for now. Soon, I hope, I can remedy the shoulder problem, though.
Ralthos

Postby Oranniv » Wed Oct 10, 2007 11:43 pm

I use the crab all the time. I have not however seen the pocketwatch drop in months.
Oranniv

Return to Gear Discussions and Advice