Remove Advertisements

[10] Gluth

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, guillex

Postby oldboyz » Mon Dec 22, 2008 1:59 am

as a zomb's OT, how do you manage their debuff? i went up to 60 stacks last night :oops:

1° -do i have to really avoid cac and just run ? and use only ranged skill to aggro them? (freesbe, exorc., and taunt)
-speed enchant on boots quite mandatory?

2° do help from a sham (earth totem) or a mage (frost) or a hunt (trap) is mandatory, or just a nice help (better they just dps on the boss or lost some time helping the Kitter)?
oldboyz

Postby majiben » Mon Dec 22, 2008 2:38 am

Running away is the best course of action. I kited them in the 10 man version up to 60 stacks with only patchy helps from earthbind and frost traps. I lacked any speed boost and would have likely done better with one. Between AS, exorcism and judgements you should have enough ranged attacks to pick up all the new zombies.
Amirya wrote:some bizarre lovechild of Hawking, Einstein, and Theck
majiben

Postby Dokidoki » Wed Dec 31, 2008 9:25 pm

Ashmadai wrote:If you have a prot pally in 10 man doing the kiting, who is taunting off the other tank? A dps just taunt and holds him long enough for the tank to lose the Mortal wound?

The two times we've cleared Naxx we just had a hunter kite them. It's ridiculously easy for them to do, but I could see how having the hunter stay on DPS and me kiting the adds could work well too, as long as we had somebody to taunt off the warrior and let the mortal drop off. So could a DK in DPS gear go frost presence and live long enough for the MT to lose his stacks in 10 man?

yes this is exactly what my guild does.

We did have me and my friend who is MT switch but we are both pallys, and due to lack of single target taunt it's hard to separate the boss from the adds when switching.
Dokidoki

Postby Jobah » Thu Jan 01, 2009 3:57 am

My guild has had really odd make-ups for naxx.... we always have 2 ppl kite though, well 3 sometiems actually.

We have had the following classes kite

shaman and hunter
warlock and mage (worked out best of all our combos)
hunter and paladin
ret pally and holy pally
hunter and mage

If we have a holy paladin kiting he can usually kite and cover the heals in the back...

If we had nonhealing classes kiting i usually ran back to help heal (i play a holy priest now). Mages are really really good to kite. Shes a really bad player and did a really good job with it... so yeah, ANYONE can do it.
Jobah

Postby Sober » Thu Jan 01, 2009 11:03 am

a prot pally is apparently so good for this I end up doing it (even against my will) and the DK puts on his tanking gear + frost presence and tanks it with the other tank.

I've gotten to 99 stacks before, at that point on a t7 tank you'll take about 2.5k from each zombie chow, not a huge deal. Couldn't bubble the debuffs off though, oddly enough.
Sober

Postby onimarishu » Thu Jan 08, 2009 3:00 am

Does anyone know if blocking a Zombie Chow's attack will still apply the debuff? If not, couldn't a decently geared Tankadin (ie Block Capped) just straight tank these guys?
onimarishu

Postby darklac » Thu Jan 08, 2009 5:04 am

i think you still get the debuff but even if not it wouldnt matter you wuold get it stacked.. to be blocked caped for this you actualy need 102 without holy shield.. lets face it there is alot of zombies
darklac

Postby amh » Thu Jan 08, 2009 5:35 am

You can block it all you want, debuff keeps coming. Watch your debuffs on the first chow (block-capped), stack starts going.. :(
I used to play a paladin.
amh
Maintankadonor

Postby Belloc » Thu Jan 08, 2009 10:35 am

There's really no reason to ever be sitting there taking hits. You will get hit occasionally, but you shouldn't get up to 99 stacks.

The adds are incredibly easy to handle as a prot paladin. Here's what I do:

First, make sure that you have a shaman or a hunter refreshing a slow area (trap or earthbind totem). They need to be using those abilities on cooldown and in a specific area. The area I have them placed it is about 7 feet in front of the spawn grate. The adds will spawn and almost immediately be slowed.

Now, here's where YOU, as a prot paladin, come in. You have several abilities at your disposal to get the adds on you. You should, however, only be using two of these abilities. Exorcism is one, consecration is the other. Start with an exorcism, and then lay a consecration before the next one spawns. Rotate these according to cooldowns. Exorcism is preferable.

With adds on you, run in a semi-wide circle around the earthbind totem. With new adds aggroing you, you will take occasional hits. This is a good thing, because it allows you to regenerate mana from Sanctuary and healing.

If you have boss mods that show the timer for Decimate, feel free to use holy wrath anytime before the timer hits 30 seconds. Holy Wrath will give you a very big window for heals and kiting. Save Avenger's Shield for whenever you need to slow down some key adds. You should definitely be making use of it at least once per decimate phase.

So, basically, you're running a big circle around a totem. Part of your circle comes near the grate. If you're standing still for more than a couple seconds, you're doing it wrong. You will need a healer taking care of you on a regular basis.

Now, let's say that you have a hunter that is really good at kiting on this fight. Ask yourself this: Why should I do it instead of him? Because his DPS on the boss is more important than your tanking on the boss. Let your other tank and another class that can taunt handle the boss.

Maybe I'll make a video of it, but it shouldn't be that hard for people to get it.
Belloc

Postby Arcand » Thu Jan 08, 2009 12:01 pm

Erutaron wrote:--Having a mage kite.....FAIL

Mage can work. We got our first kill with a mage kiting.

That he's 61 Frost may have helped.
Arcand

Postby Tirani » Mon Jan 12, 2009 4:14 am

Why so complicated?

As the Zombie debuff seems to be modified by armor value I jkust tank the Zombies at 99 debuffs back on the grate. We use a dk/warrior/bear in dps gear to shortly take over aggro on gluth from the mt to reduce the healing debuff, two healer for the MT and raid, one for me tanking the zombies.
Tirani

Postby majiben » Mon Jan 12, 2009 4:45 am

Why would you eat the hits when you could get a lot less damage by running? Also prot paladins have a lot more ways to grab these guys than most (AS, exorcism, judgement and worst come to worst our melee range attacks).
majiben

Postby Tirani » Mon Jan 12, 2009 5:19 am

Why should I run around like a headless chicken and spread the zombies if I can collect them in a small area ready to be AE'd down?
Tirani

Postby majiben » Mon Jan 12, 2009 5:32 am

Because you can control them all by yourself and have less than 40 stacks build up. If you don't have a good kiting path then you're doing it wrong. Basically your method requires an extra healer which is silly. And what do you mean spread the zombies? You can bunsh them up by running around the pack causing them to tighten their grouping.
Last edited by majiben on Mon Jan 12, 2009 5:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
majiben

Postby Wolvar » Mon Jan 12, 2009 5:32 am

I wasn't aware you could tank them all at 99 stacks. Think I'm gonna try that. Lot simpler than kiting. I thought they hit for 2500 at 99 stacks, with about 15-20 of them how does your healer keep you alive?
Wolvar

PreviousNext

Return to T7: Naxx / Maly / Sarth / Archavon