Where to go from here.

Get help with your character's gear

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, majiben, lythac, Digren

Where to go from here.

Postby justa » Wed Jan 07, 2009 4:52 pm

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-shee ... n&n=Phearr

I have posted here a few times in the past and got some very helpful insight on a lot of issues I was having.

It has come to the point I don't know what to work for now. You will notice right from the start I am a stam stacker. Is that bad? Do I have to much and not enough base avoidance stuff? I have all kinds of wrath gear now put into bags that I am not useing and other tools collecting dust.

I am just at an impass really. its only been a few months I cant belive that there is nothing else progression wise that I should be keeping my eyes out for.

Naturaly a new shield is in order. One from Maly or patchwork heroic has my eye but not seen to much els.

Any information on which direction to take this thing would be great.

Thanks in advance!!~
User avatar
justa
 
Posts: 40
Joined: Sat Mar 29, 2008 5:24 pm

Postby amh » Thu Jan 08, 2009 1:15 am

Nothing wrong with trying to meet a few of the socket-bonuses, for example. With only blue quality gems available, gemming for avoidance is kinda hard. Easier to just wear the pieces you got with shit-tons of avoidance, make due with what stamina you get from those.

As long as you want to keep that t7 4pc bonus, your avoidance is bound to take a major hit since since four out of the five pieces suck (the gloves are debatable)

Cba to do the math now, but you could probably replace that def-trinket by regemming slightly. Having two trinket-slots to swap around is very comfortable!
I used to play a paladin.
User avatar
amh
Maintankadonor
 
Posts: 3012
Joined: Fri May 02, 2008 6:25 am
Location: Oh hi

Postby Jacopo » Thu Jan 08, 2009 8:58 am

Long time reader, first time poster. I usually just lurk here but I have to post, your placement of your JC gems are sorta a pet pieve of mine.

You could get more stam by just using the same gems in different slots of your gear right now. I think its best practice to use your JC gems to complete socket bonuses. Meaning place them in yellow and red slots and use +24stam gems in blues.

I know I didn't quite stay on topic with your question, just friendly advice.
Jacopo
 
Posts: 15
Joined: Tue Dec 02, 2008 9:44 am

Postby justa » Thu Jan 08, 2009 9:17 am

Jacopo wrote:Long time reader, first time poster. I usually just lurk here but I have to post, your placement of your JC gems are sorta a pet pieve of mine.

You could get more stam by just using the same gems in different slots of your gear right now. I think its best practice to use your JC gems to complete socket bonuses. Meaning place them in yellow and red slots and use +24stam gems in blues.

I know I didn't quite stay on topic with your question, just friendly advice.


Yea i guess moving them around for a few set bonuses would be good. Never really saw the point of set bonuses much tho. 6 stam here 4 stam here never really seemed like much to me, or worth my time.

Ill do some moving around tho and see where it ends up.

Just wanted to get a general idea if i was neglecting my other avodiance stats to much.

Thanks for the feed back has def given me somthing to think about.
User avatar
justa
 
Posts: 40
Joined: Sat Mar 29, 2008 5:24 pm

Postby justa » Thu Jan 08, 2009 9:19 am

amh wrote:Nothing wrong with trying to meet a few of the socket-bonuses, for example. With only blue quality gems available, gemming for avoidance is kinda hard. Easier to just wear the pieces you got with shit-tons of avoidance, make due with what stamina you get from those.

As long as you want to keep that t7 4pc bonus, your avoidance is bound to take a major hit since since four out of the five pieces suck (the gloves are debatable)

Cba to do the math now, but you could probably replace that def-trinket by regemming slightly. Having two trinket-slots to swap around is very comfortable!


Sorry ment to add this as well. Im not to crazy on the 4 peice bonus but the 2 pice is vital. dont know what parts i would give up tho. there are a few things i would like to move around but dont exacly have thoes pices right now. first 2 things i would move around would be the gaunts / sholders. Would even give up the hat if I had the bp / legs.
User avatar
justa
 
Posts: 40
Joined: Sat Mar 29, 2008 5:24 pm

Postby majiben » Thu Jan 08, 2009 4:23 pm

The 2 piece is not vital either. It mearly enchances your dps not your tanking.
Amirya wrote:some bizarre lovechild of Hawking, Einstein, and Theck
User avatar
majiben
Moderator
 
Posts: 6999
Joined: Fri Aug 22, 2008 4:37 pm
Location: Retired

Postby justa » Fri Jan 09, 2009 7:37 pm

Majiben wrote:The 2 piece is not vital either. It mearly enchances your dps not your tanking.


hummm so i dont have to be a power ranger to be effective. cool might go for some higher midigation stuff. Ill get with you latter and see what i come up with. thanks much.
User avatar
justa
 
Posts: 40
Joined: Sat Mar 29, 2008 5:24 pm


Return to Gear Discussions and Advice

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Yahoo [Bot] and 1 guest

Who is online

In total there are 2 users online :: 1 registered, 0 hidden and 1 guest (based on users active over the past 5 minutes)
Most users ever online was 380 on Tue Oct 14, 2008 6:28 pm

Users browsing this forum: Yahoo [Bot] and 1 guest