Remove Advertisements

Solo Onyxia (Level 80)

Strats / Info that doesn't fit in a specific instance

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, guillex

Postby Discus » Mon Jan 05, 2009 9:00 am

I'm starting to think Onyxia may be still bugged in my realm. At level 70 a few of us tried to down her and in phase 2, instead of taking off she wandered into the whelp pits and just stayed there, never taking off, spawning all the whelps. We contacted a gm who said it was a known bug they were working on.

This time when I tried in phase 2 she wandered into whelp pits wandered around for quite a bit and spawned ALL of the whelps and eventually took off. So I had a very large number of whelps on me at the start of phase 2 which took me to zero health in seconds.

Is this the normal mechanic? I.E. at the start of phase 2 she wanders into the whelp pits and spawns all the remaining whelps in one go?
Discus
 
Posts: 720
Joined: Thu Mar 13, 2008 10:28 am

Postby Conaan! » Mon Jan 05, 2009 12:21 pm

Discus wrote:I'm starting to think Onyxia may be still bugged in my realm. At level 70 a few of us tried to down her and in phase 2, instead of taking off she wandered into the whelp pits and just stayed there, never taking off, spawning all the whelps. We contacted a gm who said it was a known bug they were working on.

This time when I tried in phase 2 she wandered into whelp pits wandered around for quite a bit and spawned ALL of the whelps and eventually took off. So I had a very large number of whelps on me at the start of phase 2 which took me to zero health in seconds.

Is this the normal mechanic? I.E. at the start of phase 2 she wanders into the whelp pits and spawns all the remaining whelps in one go?


no, it isnt, but what you can do for a problem like that is consecration, bubble as they all run to you, consecrate, then when bubbles wears off use http://www.wowhead.com/?item=27529 to keep your mana up, they die within one or two consecrates anyways, so as long as you use that as you get out of bubble and you dont DC like my computer would force me to, you will be fine
Image
Lore wrote:JEAPORDY: CREEPY BASEMENT EDITION
User avatar
Conaan!
 
Posts: 1271
Joined: Wed May 14, 2008 3:22 pm

Postby Anubisknight » Mon Jan 12, 2009 11:05 am

Killed her first try yesterday. I was almost at full health and mana at the end :). It took about 35 minutes though. I forgot to equip the SH trinket and didn't think of using whelps during phase 1 (started using them during phase 2 and 3 - P3 went by so fast with the 6969 rotation :). Will be going in on tuesday or wednesday to try for a sub 20 minute attempt.
Image
Anubisknight
 
Posts: 364
Joined: Tue Apr 17, 2007 8:02 am
Location: Houston, TX

Postby Tolaana » Thu Jan 15, 2009 10:20 pm

After soloing her this last reset and getting more helms to be vendored, I was thinking it might be more profitable to sell runs through the place. Offer people the chance to get their T2 helms for X amount of gold. Was wondering what the rest of tankadins who solo her thought of the idea and how much you would charge etcetc.
ImageImageImage
I make no claims to sanity, spelling, grammar, or really any content worth reading in my post.
User avatar
Tolaana
 
Posts: 183
Joined: Thu Jan 01, 2009 11:13 pm

Postby CKaz » Fri Jan 16, 2009 10:07 am

This reminds me of guildwars where warriors were the only [well or at least best] class to run individuals to new areas - one enterprising lady even started a service, and even trained other warriors to do so. Guaranteed success and not getting taken for the gold were other reasons to take a Warrior from her service. [It wasn't an easy run.]

I think its a pretty good idea if people need it, even want to just see it.

My Pally hit 70 right before the expansion hit - I hope to still see some of the spots I never saw on either my Pally or Warlock [such as the Caverns of Time dungeons BM, OH] with my 76+ Pally... just not entirely sure when/if I can solo those, so I'm watching this thread with much interest :)
fuzzygeek wrote:Some people have always endeavored to avoid int.
CKaz
 
Posts: 106
Joined: Wed Oct 22, 2008 12:13 pm

Postby ZombieRitual » Tue Jan 20, 2009 12:15 am

How is she as ret? I've solo'd her with ease a couple of times as prot, but I respecced ret yesterday since we didn't need an extra tank for reg Naxx.
User avatar
ZombieRitual
 
Posts: 101
Joined: Sun Mar 22, 2009 11:57 pm

Postby $hOTty » Tue Jan 20, 2009 10:57 am

Zombieritual wrote:How is she as ret? I've solo'd her with ease a couple of times as prot, but I respecced ret yesterday since we didn't need an extra tank for reg Naxx.


Put it this way, I solo'd her as ret at 70
$hOTty
 
Posts: 26
Joined: Tue Apr 15, 2008 10:50 am

Postby Anubisknight » Tue Jan 20, 2009 2:38 pm

Tolaana wrote:After soloing her this last reset and getting more helms to be vendored, I was thinking it might be more profitable to sell runs through the place. Offer people the chance to get their T2 helms for X amount of gold. Was wondering what the rest of tankadins who solo her thought of the idea and how much you would charge etcetc.


Anywhere from 200-300g per run if there's just one person. I actually did decide to advertise this, but spaced out and forgot before heading out. I hope I remember it the next time around.
Image
Anubisknight
 
Posts: 364
Joined: Tue Apr 17, 2007 8:02 am
Location: Houston, TX

Postby Tolaana » Tue Jan 20, 2009 8:54 pm

Anubisknight wrote:
Tolaana wrote:After soloing her this last reset and getting more helms to be vendored, I was thinking it might be more profitable to sell runs through the place. Offer people the chance to get their T2 helms for X amount of gold. Was wondering what the rest of tankadins who solo her thought of the idea and how much you would charge etcetc.


Anywhere from 200-300g per run if there's just one person. I actually did decide to advertise this, but spaced out and forgot before heading out. I hope I remember it the next time around.


Bit of an Update: I tried to sell a run for 75g+the gold she drops, and was supprised how many people responded at first, however in the end only one of them paid the cash. What I did to make a bit of extra money off her, was sell the achievement for the first 75g, then let the other person bid on the items if they want them. Sold the 18 slot bag for another 30g, and the head for 45. I will probably be trying to sell for more next time, since now that the double ShoR bug is fixed it will take longer and more effort.
ImageImageImage
I make no claims to sanity, spelling, grammar, or really any content worth reading in my post.
User avatar
Tolaana
 
Posts: 183
Joined: Thu Jan 01, 2009 11:13 pm

Postby Annadin » Wed Jan 21, 2009 8:06 am

She, along with other old world raid bosses, drops less gold now in 3.0.8 :(

They're onto us :cry:

My wife, who's at home playing while I'm at work, has just phoned to tell me :roll:
Wittysigplaceholdertext.txt

Main: Annadin, Paladin
Spare Tankadin: Panadoll, Paladin
Other Alts: Jaybee, Priest - Samiam, Rogue - Shamiam, Shaman
Guild: Cotton Candy of Shadowsong Europe
Youtube: Channel
Annadin
 
Posts: 108
Joined: Mon Jun 30, 2008 5:17 am
Location: SE UK

Postby Anubisknight » Wed Jan 21, 2009 8:10 am

Annadin wrote:She, along with other old world raid bosses, drops less gold now in 3.0.8 :(

They're onto us :cry:

My wife, who's at home playing while I'm at work, has just phoned to tell me :roll:


Bummer. I parked my toon outside ZG so that I can do it later today once I get home from work. Can anyone put a value to the gold dropped now?
Image
Anubisknight
 
Posts: 364
Joined: Tue Apr 17, 2007 8:02 am
Location: Houston, TX

Postby Tropicana » Wed Jan 21, 2009 8:22 am

25g from Jin'do last night instead of 40-50. Did the other bosses before the patch.
Image
Tropicana
 
Posts: 80
Joined: Mon Dec 15, 2008 1:35 pm

Postby Kelaan » Wed Jan 21, 2009 10:11 am

I don't understand why -- it's not like it was going to cause much more money to enter the ecosystem than just doing dailies or questing in that time. I know I make about half the money/hour doing those than if I were doing dailies, and I can only do them 1-2 times per week.

Maybe I can sell ZG runs to level 60s. (wait... that wouldn't work, I'd have to clear trash packs. shit.) How well does selling Ony runs work? How do you advertise it?
User avatar
Kelaan
 
Posts: 4036
Joined: Thu Jan 03, 2008 12:01 pm

Postby Senador » Wed Jan 21, 2009 10:25 am

I noticed this too, did ZG for what used to be good gold to duo, and ended up being halfed, didn't even notice until we were on the second boss...

My poor weeklys....
Senador
 
Posts: 453
Joined: Wed Aug 06, 2008 10:55 am

Postby Tolaana » Wed Jan 21, 2009 12:23 pm

How I sold the runs the first time I did it, I just spammed trade until I found some one who would pay the cash. What might be a better idea would be to post on your Realm forums, making sure to state that any character 50 or up can zone in now. (Going off of wowwiki for that 50+)
ImageImageImage
I make no claims to sanity, spelling, grammar, or really any content worth reading in my post.
User avatar
Tolaana
 
Posts: 183
Joined: Thu Jan 01, 2009 11:13 pm

PreviousNext

Return to General Strats

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


Remove Advertisements

Who is online

In total there is 1 user online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 1 guest (based on users active over the past 5 minutes)
Most users ever online was 380 on Tue Oct 14, 2008 6:28 pm

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest
?php } else { ?