Remove Advertisements

High Priestess Jeklik (ZG Bat Boss) - Solo Strat

Strats / Info that doesn't fit in a specific instance

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, guillex

High Priestess Jeklik (ZG Bat Boss) - Solo Strat

Postby Krazy » Sat Jan 03, 2009 3:28 pm

Successfully killed bat boss in ZG solo, took about 35 minutes. Setup was basic Baron Geddon soloing set. 422 fire resist with aura/914 spell power. At fire resist cap the all fire damage from the bats is fully resisted. The only damage you take is from the boss herself. My spec was prot and included imp Hammer of Justice (30 second CD).

I am a bloodelf but she is immune to Arcane Torrent so it cannot be used to interrupt her spells. Hammer of Justice, however, can be used to interrupt her.

She does several things...

Curse of blood (can't do anything about it so just eat it)
Shadow word pain (dispell immediately)
Fear (no biggie)
Mind Flay (slows you and does shadow damage)
Great Heal (heals her for about 35% of her life)

When you start out she will be a bat and do basic melee and shadow word pain on you. Just tank her as normal...she will call in bat adds, just aoe them along with her, keep consecrate up so you don't get too many bat adds on you.

At 50% she will transform to human form and summon bat riders to fly overhead and drop fire bombs on you. You need over 415 fire resist with aura to take no damage from them. This is the long part, she will fear you, cast SWP on you and heal...just do some light dps on her and keep your mana up. Keep sacred shield up at all times and use flash of light as needed. You can interrupt the mind flays with Hammer of Justice but don't worry about the heals, you want her to use up all her mana.

When she finally runs out of mana (should take about 20 minutes) you are good to go. Use Hammer of Justice ONLY on heals from now on. Do not interrupt the mind flay at all, just eat it. There should not be a time that she gets a heal off before your hammer is up again, this happened to me only once but I think it was just bad luck with the RNG. Most of the time she won't have the mana for it. Other than that, just DPS her down as usual...good luck!
Krazy

Postby loladine » Sat Jan 03, 2009 6:30 pm

i sware when i did it she took way over 20 min more towards an hour to go oom and that was without interupting any spells :<
but using fire rez gear seems best way ;p i did it w/o any n avoiding all the bat fires n stayin alive was just alot of effort but do able and also if u keep bats alive u get more mana so i wouldnt kill them all
loladine

Postby Krazy » Sun Jan 04, 2009 4:48 am

It took about 20 minutes for her to go oom. I only interrupted the mind flay. I moved around at first to avoid the fires but since you take no damage I eventually got lazy and just stood there and tanked her in place unless I got feared. Staying alive is easy at FR cap...makes the fight trivial.

Key to running her out of mana faster...

Interrupt Mind Flay
Dispel Shadow Word Pain

She likes to put SWP on you a lot, this uses up her mana quite quickly. If you dispel the SWP, she will often put it right back on you again...so dispel it again.
Krazy

Return to General Strats