[H] Old Kingdom - last boss timed achievement

Strats / Info that doesn't fit in a specific instance

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, guillex

Postby Treck » Mon Dec 29, 2008 2:59 am

Gotta go here later today again, getting an optimal group with meele dps to burst down the clones, and prolly a nonhealer for the healing aswell.
Getting the achievement to the 5th player who we did Gotta go! with, since theres still only the 5of us serverwide who have done Gotta go!.
And red Proto drakes will prolly be like baronmount is today when Gotta go! is nerfed.

theshard wrote:If things go badly, do not DI the priest during insanity.

Found out the hard way? xD
Treck

Postby Kracus » Tue Dec 30, 2008 11:59 am

Happy I did this before the nerf.

But everything I've read is healer speccing something else.

I have no issue killing everyone in my party (as long as it isn't a full group of casters) in a few seconds and of course, isn't getting healed :\

The part of it I hate is how much mana I burn through doing it, then I have to reacquire the boss.
"The sun does not grant anything, it is simply there. And flowers simply bloom. Not for anyone's sake."
I am Warlock
Kracus

Postby Zeels » Tue Dec 30, 2008 12:38 pm

I can usually get down the healer with no problem...

pop wings, whack, whack, stun, whack ->down.
By the Power of Grey Skull!

Lvl 80 Spanks you very much Spankadin!

Spank
Zeels

Postby Kelaan » Tue Dec 30, 2008 2:03 pm

Zeels wrote:I can usually get down the healer with no problem...

That didn't really seem to do much for me when I had a resto druid healer. :(

The suggestion to have a NON-heal specced healer is an interesting one; will they be able to keep up healing the rest of the instance, though? Gogo ele shaman, I guess?
Kelaan

Postby phaqueue » Wed Dec 31, 2008 1:22 am

Kelaan wrote:

The suggestion to have a NON-heal specced healer is an interesting one; will they be able to keep up healing the rest of the instance, though? Gogo ele shaman, I guess?

if they have the gear... they should be ok - I like the idea of the shadow priest... but we are gunna take it farther...

bringing my roommate on his resto druid... he will spec pve resto... then shift to kitty or bear for the insanity... if he won't shift out of shadowform... hopefully he won't shift outta bear...

I'll update when we finally get the group together for it...
"Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so." -Douglas Adams
phaqueue

Postby Zeels » Wed Dec 31, 2008 4:16 am

Kelaan wrote:

I always run this with an ace resto druid friend. Get his/her health down a bit before stunning, don't be too eager to stun.

But I have to admit, I do use the SotR bug ^^. So will probably be trickier next patch.

Spank
Zeels

Postby Belloc » Wed Dec 31, 2008 9:47 am

phaqueue wrote:
Kelaan wrote:

if they have the gear... they should be ok - I like the idea of the shadow priest... but we are gunna take it farther...

bringing my roommate on his resto druid... he will spec pve resto... then shift to kitty or bear for the insanity... if he won't shift out of shadowform... hopefully he won't shift outta bear...

I hate to ruin the surprise for you, but your druid is going to be casting nourishes in kitty/bear form during the insanity.

The only way to prevent healing during insanity is to have your healer be DPS specced.
Belloc

Postby Daida » Fri Jan 02, 2009 4:45 pm

we one-shotted it with shadowpriest, 2 mages and feral druid as dps. Got him to around 45% before insanity, dots took him below 33% and we had 2 insanity-phases at once. key here is to try without a healer i would say.
Daida

Postby Zeels » Fri Jan 02, 2009 5:23 pm

Belloc wrote:
phaqueue wrote:
Kelaan wrote:

I hate to ruin the surprise for you, but your druid is going to be casting nourishes in kitty/bear form during the insanity.

The only way to prevent healing during insanity is to have your healer be DPS specced.

What can I say I've done this one about 4 times now with a resto druid. Wings, stun and sotr bugs works. (The 2nd insanity you have to hope your dps can manage to get the tree down)

Spank
Zeels

Postby Alicianna » Sat Jan 03, 2009 6:55 am

As far as I can see there is basicaly two ways to handle that achievement:

1) Brutal Force: Burn down your images ASAP

-or-

2) A good group composition: A surefire way is to bring 2 Paladins (Tankadin+Healadin being the best combo, but any combo will do), 2 Warlocks (or one Lock and an extra Soulstone) and some toons to fill up that group (a Shaman will fit in nicely).

Soulstone both Pallys and engage the boss. As soon as he starts casting insanity one Paladin Sacrifices himself for the healer (putting himself and the healer out of combat). The remaining 3 people only have to burn down 2 images instead of 4). Meanwhile the pally will accept his Soulstone resurrection an the healer skips his bubble. At the second insanity the other Pally sacrifices for the healer - or if he ist the healer himself for some DD. Burn Herosim if you have got one and enjoy.

Both methods worked for me, but brute force demands some very heavy dps!
ImageImage
Alicianna

Postby theshard » Wed Jan 14, 2009 8:57 am

Treck wrote:
theshard wrote:If things go badly, do not DI the priest during insanity.

Found out the hard way? xD

Yes. I forgot the group composition but it was pretty well geared group. We just couldn't dps enough to get through the priest's HoTs and constant spam healing. Priest was also getting heals from the shaman. One player went down in the first insanity, then two in the second so I DIed the priest. She was stuck in the insanity but out of combat. Even when we had rezzed and all run back. She was able to buff us so we thought she should be able to heal then when the insanity started on the second try, everything would return to normal but she wasn't able to. I lasted longer than I thought with no heals but it wasn't enough to reach the insanity.
theshard

Postby Kelaan » Wed Jan 14, 2009 2:23 pm

Zeels wrote:What can I say I've done this one about 4 times now with a resto druid. Wings, stun and sotr bugs works. (The 2nd insanity you have to hope your dps can manage to get the tree down)

I guess I should preface my "how ..." question with, "Without abusing a bug which I hope/expect to be fixed soon".

Going with 4 DPS seems like it could be viable. Maybe two hybrid-healers (shamans? boomkin?) for the second boss. But, the first and the last bosses both appear to favor high-DPS groups.
Kelaan

Postby Spectrum » Wed Jan 14, 2009 3:05 pm

I did this once with a resto druid with about 1800 +healing. he just stood there spamming nourish. I found the best way to take him out was to use HotR and consecrate to hit his friends. He'd start healing them and after a bit he'd be down around 60%, then I'd wait for him to start casting nourish again, stun, and go all out. Worked on both insanities for me.

Another time I had a priest and the stam trick did not work because she renewed everyone and during the stun she was still healing and I couldn't take her out. I had to wait for our DPS.

If your DPS has some interrupts and stuns the healers should not be a problem.

That said, skipping the second insanity through cast-slowing seems the best way to go, but you need good DPS.
Spectrum
Maintankadonor

Postby Ajax » Thu Jan 15, 2009 7:35 am

Did this with a low dps group the other day, warrior tanking iam there as dps (prot specced) holy pally oomkin and a shadow priest, just as he cast the first insanity the holy Di'd me and the oomkin battle ressed the holy who didnt take the res until after the insanity started, both me and the holy was out of combat so just the 3 that was left had to fight very quick phase.

2nd insantiy I di'd the holy pally and stayed dead taking the healer out of the fight speeds up the insanity phase much its unreal, if you got ways of doing this ie battle res's soul stones then this is a tactic that can work with a low dps group.
If death comes to us all, then let it come to the DPS first ;)
Ajax

Postby bladeangel » Fri Jan 16, 2009 3:25 am

Do you still get copied if you leave the party just before the 2nd insanity phase? You would only get ported after 1 min where you could still dps, or could be reinvited to party after insanity has started/finished (but this would probably still port you).. has anyone tried this?

Obviously you wouldn't get the achievement, unless you were in the group when the boss died..

My group did the earlier boss achievement here (the one that requires you do it with four) with one person leaving the group, they were able to dps for a minute until ported.
bladeangel

PreviousNext

Return to General Strats