Remove Advertisements

[H] The Culling of Stratholme - Timer Achievement?

Strats / Info that doesn't fit in a specific instance

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, guillex

Postby Aurelie » Tue Dec 16, 2008 8:10 am

This morning before they took the servers down a resto druid guildie of mine suggested we run this event. We put together a guild group or two ret paladin and a blood dk (along with me, the prot pally, or course). We get about two waves in when our deathknight DCed... and never came back. Obviously we did't have time to summon a replacement. The resto druid was swearing up a storm, blaming the fact that our DK is aussie. The other two pallies and I decided that we did, in fact, have this and we kept plugging along.

Everything is going well, we're rushing through this instance and hit the gauntlet. I start gathering up mobs, but unfortunately the resto druid had hotted me up beforehand (which I hadn't noticed, panicking at the dwindling timer) and ate it due to my lack of anything but body aggro. So I stopped, we started burning down the mobs I had collected, and believe me, it was quite a few. Went through all three of our loh, my bubblewall and one of the retadins died, but the other retadin and I survived to res the fallen party members. We pushed on through the gauntlet and get to the timed boss with three minutes to spare. One of the ret pallies had gotten lost on the way somehow, so for about 50% it was just me, a ret pally and the druid who was lacing his heals with starfires. We killed the boss with literally seconds to spare.

One of the ret pallies got the drake in a lucky roll, but we've decided to do this daily until we all get one. All four of us, rofl. I'm still in disbelief that we four manned that instance's timed event successfully.

Our Armouries (mine is in my sig):
Anachronism
Anakhronism
Streezyf
Image
User avatar
Aurelie
Maintankadonor
 
Posts: 111
Joined: Tue Apr 15, 2008 9:22 am
Location: Illidan

Postby Dianora » Tue Dec 16, 2008 9:17 am

Finally got my own drake in a guild run. Helps that everyone at least knows what to do. Hit the gauntlet with 7 minutes left. Cleared the Gauntlet and got to the Corrupter with 4 minutes remain and won the roll. Now I almost never have to go back there (except to repay the favor to the guildie that organized that party).
ImageImageImage
User avatar
Dianora
 
Posts: 1831
Joined: Fri Dec 14, 2007 11:57 am
Location: Los Angeles

Postby antiy4ho0 » Wed Dec 17, 2008 7:43 am

Aurelie wrote:This morning before they took the servers down a resto druid guildie of mine suggested we run this event. We put together a guild group or two ret paladin and a blood dk (along with me, the prot pally, or course). We get about two waves in when our deathknight DCed... and never came back. Obviously we did't have time to summon a replacement. The resto druid was swearing up a storm, blaming the fact that our DK is aussie. The other two pallies and I decided that we did, in fact, have this and we kept plugging along.

Everything is going well, we're rushing through this instance and hit the gauntlet. I start gathering up mobs, but unfortunately the resto druid had hotted me up beforehand (which I hadn't noticed, panicking at the dwindling timer) and ate it due to my lack of anything but body aggro. So I stopped, we started burning down the mobs I had collected, and believe me, it was quite a few. Went through all three of our loh, my bubblewall and one of the retadins died, but the other retadin and I survived to res the fallen party members. We pushed on through the gauntlet and get to the timed boss with three minutes to spare. One of the ret pallies had gotten lost on the way somehow, so for about 50% it was just me, a ret pally and the druid who was lacing his heals with starfires. We killed the boss with literally seconds to spare.

One of the ret pallies got the drake in a lucky roll, but we've decided to do this daily until we all get one. All four of us, rofl. I'm still in disbelief that we four manned that instance's timed event successfully.



Sounds like fun! I've been running Strat timer runs for about a week with some of my guildies. I personally haven't won the mount but I've seen about 6 of them drop. I'll be out of guildies to lose the roll to pretty soon, so mount will be mine one way or the other.
antiy4ho0
 
Posts: 97
Joined: Sun Dec 02, 2007 12:02 pm

Postby Flex » Wed Dec 17, 2008 4:19 pm

Got my drake last night.

Right after the third boss the feral goes /afk follow for a bit. We start the gauntlet and I see "Hunter has gone offline." So it is me, a Ret Paladin and a Resto Druid. I'm just as crazy as usual and pulling half of each section. By the time we make it past the middle rest area the hunter has come back online and the feral druid had come back. We 3 manned half of the gauntlet and beat the timer by 2 minutes.
User avatar
Flex
 
Posts: 7500
Joined: Tue Jul 10, 2007 7:29 am

Postby Arjuna » Wed Dec 17, 2008 7:04 pm

freaking nab PuG huntard cost us the drake AGAIN!!!

this is really the last time I bring someone from outside the guild, even if it IS from one of the top guilds of the server...
HUZZAH! How many points do I receive? :D
User avatar
Arjuna
 
Posts: 1843
Joined: Tue Aug 14, 2007 3:26 am

Postby Jasari » Thu Dec 18, 2008 12:27 pm

Aurelie wrote:This morning before they took the servers down a resto druid guildie of mine suggested we run this event. We put together a guild group or two ret paladin and a blood dk (along with me, the prot pally, or course). We get about two waves in when our deathknight DCed... and never came back. Obviously we did't have time to summon a replacement. The resto druid was swearing up a storm, blaming the fact that our DK is aussie. The other two pallies and I decided that we did, in fact, have this and we kept plugging along.

Everything is going well, we're rushing through this instance and hit the gauntlet. I start gathering up mobs, but unfortunately the resto druid had hotted me up beforehand (which I hadn't noticed, panicking at the dwindling timer) and ate it due to my lack of anything but body aggro. So I stopped, we started burning down the mobs I had collected, and believe me, it was quite a few. Went through all three of our loh, my bubblewall and one of the retadins died, but the other retadin and I survived to res the fallen party members. We pushed on through the gauntlet and get to the timed boss with three minutes to spare. One of the ret pallies had gotten lost on the way somehow, so for about 50% it was just me, a ret pally and the druid who was lacing his heals with starfires. We killed the boss with literally seconds to spare.

One of the ret pallies got the drake in a lucky roll, but we've decided to do this daily until we all get one. All four of us, rofl. I'm still in disbelief that we four manned that instance's timed event successfully.

Our Armouries (mine is in my sig):
Anachronism
Anakhronism
Streezyf


Yeah, pallies are OP in this place.

I really want to try it sometime with 5 paladins. With 5xHW you could probably pull the entire gauntlet and just stun it to death.


[edit]
Oh, and when my guild did this run last night, we brought a pug hunter along. After the first few pulls we realized he had no idea what he was doing. We ended up still making the timed even, but lost the roll to the pug hunter. We then killed Mal'Ganis and the hunter got the achievement for finishing heroic strat... it was his first time in the instance ><.
User avatar
Jasari
 
Posts: 2195
Joined: Sun Apr 27, 2008 12:32 am
Location: Boston, MA

Postby Dianora » Thu Dec 18, 2008 1:59 pm

Did another run yesterday. 2 ret pally, fury warrior, priest and me as tank. We hit the gauntlet with 11 minutes to go. One of the ret pally got dc'ed as we start the gauntlet. We worked our way through the gauntlet and the Infinite Corruptor with 5 minutes left. Felt bad for the dc'ed ret pally...
ImageImageImage
User avatar
Dianora
 
Posts: 1831
Joined: Fri Dec 14, 2007 11:57 am
Location: Los Angeles

Postby Neara » Fri Dec 19, 2008 5:51 am

Knaughty wrote:We had another where Arthas continually needed to be woken up, then decided he was going to ignore the first four packs in the gauntlet after the secret door, collect 50 mobs, and die.



Can't happen to me ... cause i'm faster than arthas in collecting 50 mobs :twisted:



time-run in strat is a bit too easy imho, but fun trying to get better times
Neara
 
Posts: 144
Joined: Thu Jul 03, 2008 2:16 pm

Postby Playdoh » Fri Dec 26, 2008 9:53 am

I am still having a blast here.

Arthas bugged one time on us, and we had < 5 min. to kill the corrupter from the bookcase.

AND we made it.

I find that I can make up lots of time on the guantlet once you know what to look for and pull.

I think our guild has about 10 of us with bronze drakes know, if not more.
Playdoh
Maintankadonor
 
Posts: 598
Joined: Thu May 29, 2008 10:55 am
Location: VA

Postby Treck » Fri Dec 26, 2008 10:54 am

Playdoh wrote:I find that I can make up lots of time on the guantlet once you know what to look for and pull.

I think our guild has about 10 of us with bronze drakes know, if not more.

Its pretty much a free mount for someone in the party every time you go strat tbh.
Its not THAT hard, its not suppose to be that hard eather.


time-run in strat is a bit too easy imho, but fun trying to get better times

This ^^
Record atm is 7min left on timer.
Gotta try killing malganis first next time i go :P
Aswell as doing the zombiefest! achievment, would have time to do it next time we get a fast group again, but its prooving to be rather hard since the zombies walk so slow :S
Image
User avatar
Treck
 
Posts: 2120
Joined: Thu Aug 21, 2008 8:10 am

Postby Kracus » Tue Dec 30, 2008 11:46 am

I'm disappointed that they changed the 3rd boss so he doesn't whirldance :\
"The sun does not grant anything, it is simply there. And flowers simply bloom. Not for anyone's sake."
Image
Image
I am Warlock
User avatar
Kracus
 
Posts: 138
Joined: Wed Apr 30, 2008 6:14 am
Location: Land of Mary

Postby Cearn » Tue Dec 30, 2008 11:48 am

Kracus wrote:I'm disappointed that they changed the 3rd boss so he doesn't whirldance :\


He doesn't what?
User avatar
Cearn
 
Posts: 323
Joined: Sat Mar 22, 2008 12:50 pm

Postby phaqueue » Wed Dec 31, 2008 1:24 am

btw... went in with a healer and 2 DPS who had NEVER been there before... and got the timer with 4 min left...

time to start putting together groups for record time...

also need to get my zombie achievement done... I think the hardest part of that is finding a group that doesn't care about mount so we can do zombies...
"Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so." -Douglas Adams
User avatar
phaqueue
 
Posts: 1222
Joined: Wed Mar 26, 2008 7:45 am

Postby ARogers » Wed Dec 31, 2008 11:09 am

We tried this last night with some heroic/naxx geared people, and it was a huge fail. Well, not HUGE.... the corruptor despawned with 12% life left.

Is there a better trick? As soon as the waves start, we rush to them and kill them asap. Then of course arthas runs to the inn. We start him and kill the waves of 3-4 mobs through the inn. Then we kill Epoch boss, then I pulled the gauntlet before the last boss in 2 pulls.

Are we doing something that is wasting time that we don't have to do? Is there something else to it? I thought the DPS was pretty good.
ARogers
 
Posts: 513
Joined: Sat May 24, 2008 4:26 pm

Postby Aurelie » Wed Dec 31, 2008 1:14 pm

ARogers wrote:We tried this last night with some heroic/naxx geared people, and it was a huge fail. Well, not HUGE.... the corruptor despawned with 12% life left.

Is there a better trick? As soon as the waves start, we rush to them and kill them asap. Then of course arthas runs to the inn. We start him and kill the waves of 3-4 mobs through the inn. Then we kill Epoch boss, then I pulled the gauntlet before the last boss in 2 pulls.

Are we doing something that is wasting time that we don't have to do? Is there something else to it? I thought the DPS was pretty good.


Sometimes the spacing of the waves in the beginning just blows and you have to run like a lunatic. Other than pray for closely spaced waves, my suggestion would be to pop cooldowns on all of the bosses if possible. I also like to pull the gauntlet in a steady motion, so it's essentially all one pull, but grab aggro on the elites and keep walking until eventually everything dies by the time you hit the end.
Image
User avatar
Aurelie
Maintankadonor
 
Posts: 111
Joined: Tue Apr 15, 2008 9:22 am
Location: Illidan

PreviousNext

Return to General Strats

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


Remove Advertisements

Who is online

In total there is 1 user online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 1 guest (based on users active over the past 5 minutes)
Most users ever online was 380 on Tue Oct 14, 2008 6:28 pm

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest