Remove Advertisements

Heroic Violet Hold boss spawn rates

Strats / Info that doesn't fit in a specific instance

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, guillex

Postby Senador » Tue Dec 30, 2008 10:14 am

Cool concept, horrible trying to farm this hell hole.

In over three weeks, I've seen the Void Walker twice and the Corehound four times. Dog has dropped the stupid axe every time...

When my heroics group had only A Void Dance/Lock Down/Gotta Go! left, and running this place every day and hoping the Void Walker would spawn, it was very frustrating.

I also hate having to farm for a specific boss drop when there is a decent chance of never even seeing that boss.
Senador

Postby Flex » Tue Dec 30, 2008 10:22 am

Senador wrote:I also hate having to farm for a specific boss drop when there is a decent chance of never even seeing that boss.

First Boss Spawn should have a shared loot table and the second boss spawn should have a different shared loot table.
Flex

Postby Kracus » Tue Dec 30, 2008 11:49 am

I've seen every boss, all the achievements, killed the dragon 21+ times now and no stupid trinket :\ JCing at the moment so I stopped caring. Actually hate that place now.
"The sun does not grant anything, it is simply there. And flowers simply bloom. Not for anyone's sake."
I am Warlock
Kracus

Postby Doogiehowser » Wed Jan 07, 2009 8:44 am

Anubisknight wrote:
Belloc wrote:I almost always get the ethereal. I get the arrakoa quite often, and I occasionally get the void or water boss. I have yet to get Levanthor.

I think it's just rng, really. Just like how I never got R&J with my Karazhan group in the... several months that we actually ran it.

I got the doggy, lost the roll for the trinket :(

Who on god's green earth rolled on that trinket besides you?
Doogiehowser

Postby Indago » Sat Jan 17, 2009 2:00 pm

Doogiehowser wrote:
Anubisknight wrote:
Belloc wrote:I almost always get the ethereal. I get the arrakoa quite often, and I occasionally get the void or water boss. I have yet to get Levanthor.

I think it's just rng, really. Just like how I never got R&J with my Karazhan group in the... several months that we actually ran it.

I got the doggy, lost the roll for the trinket :(

Who on god's green earth rolled on that trinket besides you?

I was kinda wondering this myself...
Whenever I do runs, even on the off times I breakout my heal set and let someone else tank, the TANK gets 1st pick on the TANK items; same with healer/dps and gear drops. Offset always takes a back seat. Even if thats not your normal spec, if its what you are spec'ed now, its the gear you get.

Reminds me of when I ran heroic UP and the sword dropped and the arms warrior wanted to roll on it too. I was speachless for a coupla seconds but before I could say anything, the rest of the group (which was a random PUG) told him what an ass he was being about it so he passed.

"It's not how hard you hit, it's how hard you get hit, and keep moving forward."-R.Pausch
Indago

Postby yappo » Sun Jan 18, 2009 7:46 pm

For statistics you want a sample of 400 (ish). The day I do VH for the 400th time Blizzard has either gone belly-up, new content has arrived which spared me from this experience, or we all share the same ward in the asylum :D
yappo

Postby kenshin648 » Sun Jan 18, 2009 8:46 pm

Flex wrote:
Katraya wrote:I have never seen the corehound boss in about 15-20 runs. I imagine that once I do see him he will drop something other than the damn trinket I need.

However, I have also never seen the ethereal boss. I am quite ok with this!

6 Cyanigosa kills on heroic. You must have a horrible boss kill ratio.

If you are going by their armory, those numbers there are quite skewed, so they may have killed her more than that. Hell, the stupid thing says I have kills in arena but I have never set foot in arena and never plan to. Not to mention my number of honorable kills on my armory is about 1/3rd my actual number.
Give me blood
kenshin648

bosses

Postby Asterial » Fri Jan 23, 2009 9:55 am

I've done VH HC 3 times now in the last week.

All 3 times we've had Lavanthor every time (never dropped the trinket I want yet).

We've had the void spawn boss twice and Erekem the other time.

Have yet to see the others..
Asterial

Postby Wolvar » Fri Jan 23, 2009 10:41 am

Whenever I do runs, even on the off times I breakout my heal set and let someone else tank, the TANK gets 1st pick on the TANK items; same with healer/dps and gear drops. Offset always takes a back seat. Even if thats not your normal spec, if its what you are spec'ed now, its the gear you get.

I completely disagree. If I respec holy because you need a healer, I'm rolling on tank drops. Offset always takes a back seat in my book, but normal spec is what you regularly spec, not what you are currently specced.
Wolvar

Postby Wrakken » Sun Jan 25, 2009 9:35 am

About 40 VH runs. Still no Arakkoa... Water guy or ethereal almost each time... Took me 33 times to get the trinket.
Wrakken <Indifference> C'thun EU
Wrakken

Postby Levantine » Sun Jan 25, 2009 9:41 am

Wolvar wrote:

I completely disagree. If I respec holy because you need a healer, I'm rolling on tank drops. Offset always takes a back seat in my book, but normal spec is what you regularly spec, not what you are currently specced.

In a PuG situation, I don't give a flying fuck what you're normally specced though. You roll on tank gear if you're healing and you get blacklisted by my guild.
Levantine

Postby katraya » Sun Jan 25, 2009 10:14 am

I think it is all about being up front and honest. Yesterday I joined a pug as ret for heroic Nexus. However, after half an hour of looking for a tank with no luck I went back to prot. However I made it clear before I did so that I wanted to be able to roll on the dps belt if it dropped. The 2 other plate dps were ok with this. However, if you wait and just roll when something drops I could see it being an issue.

Find a group that is ok with you rolling on something in particular that you are after. Usually as a tank or healer you are in demand enough to make this happen. You just have to be up front about it from the beginning so no one, justifiably, feels screwed over in the end.

Back on the original topic, I finally saw Lavanthor for the second time a few minutes ago. He dropped the mail boots....
katraya
Maintankadonor

Re: Heroic Violet Hold boss spawn rates

Postby Xzor » Wed May 13, 2009 9:02 am

I dont know what the deal with this place for us has been...

But of the last 4 times we tried this place on heroic, we've had Ichoron and Zuramat (in that order as well) every time. And this has been over the last 4-5 weeks. We finally got a good strategy for Zuramat and killed him this last time we did it. But its a bit annoying to get the same bosses in there everytime we go. The 1st time we did it, we go a different pairing I believe. I think it was Ichoron and Moragg. Hopefully we'll get a better variety from now on.

I will say that I believe its been mainly Tuesdays that we've tried it on when we're getting Ichoron and Zuramat. As well at least 1 person has had the daily quest.

Perhaps there's some kinda pattern.... or just horrible RNG luck...
Xzor

Postby masterpoobaa » Wed May 13, 2009 11:40 pm

Yeah this place sucks for farming.
When i run it most of the time i get the 2 most annoying bosses, the Voidwalker and the Etheral.
Occasionally get the arakkoa, eyeball, and least of all the water elemental and doggie.

I needed the trinket from the doggie, which required 13 consecutive runs.
of those 13 runs i got the doggie 4 times, and the trinket dropped on the last one (obviously)
Ellifain @ Khaz'Goroth does not approve of torture, save where there's experience/rep/loot involved.
masterpoobaa

Location: Brisbane, Australia, Earth, Sol, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Universe.

Postby djlar » Thu May 14, 2009 11:46 am

It's like the bolstered legs drop like 80% (I roll need but I sell them, unless a wannabe tank wants them).

For my current belf tankadin it's 0/20 for the trinket, Levanthor has come out maybe 6 of those 20 and never dropped the trinket..

My human tankadin had the best of luck, first H VH I got it
djlar

PreviousNext

Return to General Strats