Remove Advertisements

Solo Onyxia (Level 80)

Strats / Info that doesn't fit in a specific instance

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, guillex

Postby Kinkstah » Mon Dec 22, 2008 10:18 am

Killed her a couple days ago and got my T2. :D

The obligatory kill shot:

Image
Image
User avatar
Kinkstah
 
Posts: 15
Joined: Mon Jun 23, 2008 3:46 pm

Postby Zeels » Sun Dec 28, 2008 5:38 pm

Did this today.. Took 30 mins (guess I kind of suck at p2)
P2 was annoying for me, having to look up and run around after her, and on top of that, messed up my key bindings before the fight which made it trickier.

Not very hard to solo, but took some bubble heals and so on. And like I said before took some time.
Last edited by Zeels on Sun Dec 28, 2008 7:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By the Power of Grey Skull!

Lvl 80 Spanks you very much Spankadin!

Spank
User avatar
Zeels
 
Posts: 499
Joined: Wed Aug 01, 2007 8:44 am
Location: SWE/GBG

Postby Sarutankah » Sun Dec 28, 2008 6:47 pm

So annoying - takes 20 minutes as ret and have to use seal of wisdom the whole time.
Sarutankah
 
Posts: 440
Joined: Thu Feb 14, 2008 1:44 pm
Location: New Zealand

Postby Arca » Sun Dec 28, 2008 11:28 pm

Just an addition to the "grab whelps for p1&p3", if you are at the edge of ony's hit box, hammer will not bounce back to the whelps and kill them, so use HotR all you want, assuming you can keep yourself toward the edge of the hit box.
Image
Arca
 
Posts: 44
Joined: Wed Jul 02, 2008 1:08 am
Location: Shattered Hand

Postby Zeels » Mon Dec 29, 2008 3:22 am

Arca wrote:Just an addition to the "grab whelps for p1&p3", if you are at the edge of ony's hit box, hammer will not bounce back to the whelps and kill them, so use HotR all you want, assuming you can keep yourself toward the edge of the hit box.


There is no problem, if the whelps die, just go and fetch more of them. Yeah that's right you know exactly where they live.
By the Power of Grey Skull!

Lvl 80 Spanks you very much Spankadin!

Spank
User avatar
Zeels
 
Posts: 499
Joined: Wed Aug 01, 2007 8:44 am
Location: SWE/GBG

Postby hoho » Mon Dec 29, 2008 3:30 am

I soloed her last night, took ~40 minutes as I was having hard time finding her in P2, my camera angle is probably a bit bad :)

I pulled whelps several times during both p2 and p3, couple of times I got thrown into the pit and got a ton of them at once. No problems though, if they got really bad I just concecrated and healed myself back up.

Now the next challenge: soloing on my spriest. Yesterday there was server-wide 2s lag and best attempt I got was ~45%. Dots were constantly dropping off from her and I was OOM as I couldn't refresh SWP with flay. I'll try again when lag gets better.
User avatar
hoho
 
Posts: 2445
Joined: Sun Sep 07, 2008 12:02 pm
Location: Estonia

Postby Cearn » Mon Dec 29, 2008 7:31 am

Zeels wrote:
Arca wrote:Just an addition to the "grab whelps for p1&p3", if you are at the edge of ony's hit box, hammer will not bounce back to the whelps and kill them, so use HotR all you want, assuming you can keep yourself toward the edge of the hit box.


There is no problem, if the whelps die, just go and fetch more of them. Yeah that's right you know exactly where they live.


Is the amount of whelps unlimited? °_°
User avatar
Cearn
 
Posts: 323
Joined: Sat Mar 22, 2008 12:50 pm

Postby Zeels » Mon Dec 29, 2008 7:34 am

Cearn wrote:
Zeels wrote:
Arca wrote:Just an addition to the "grab whelps for p1&p3", if you are at the edge of ony's hit box, hammer will not bounce back to the whelps and kill them, so use HotR all you want, assuming you can keep yourself toward the edge of the hit box.


There is no problem, if the whelps die, just go and fetch more of them. Yeah that's right you know exactly where they live.


Is the amount of whelps unlimited? °_°


Yep to some extent, you just need to pay a visit to the whelpcaves.
By the Power of Grey Skull!

Lvl 80 Spanks you very much Spankadin!

Spank
User avatar
Zeels
 
Posts: 499
Joined: Wed Aug 01, 2007 8:44 am
Location: SWE/GBG

Postby hoho » Mon Dec 29, 2008 7:36 am

Cearn wrote:Is the amount of whelps unlimited? °_°
Pretty much, the eggs respawn in the caves in a few minutes.
User avatar
hoho
 
Posts: 2445
Joined: Sun Sep 07, 2008 12:02 pm
Location: Estonia

Postby Liquidant » Mon Dec 29, 2008 8:32 am

wow that was fun

just gave it a blast

1st try

total fail oom in the first few hits

2nd try

kept full mana got phase 1 done in about 10 mins

phase 2 i lost all co-ordination and died


gonna keep trying though
Liquidant
 
Posts: 7
Joined: Tue Oct 21, 2008 11:14 pm

Postby mgkeeper » Tue Dec 30, 2008 6:15 am

I have 2-maned her a lot of times back in lvl 70. So i tried to solo her now and when she got to 2nd phase i could see her and i was chasing her around the room. Slow DPS weapon so Bubble, Hearthstone!! I got an idea cause i have some emblems that i am not using so i thought i should go and buy the Grasscutter, enchant it with Lifeward and give it a shot using the SoV with JoW/JoL when i need it. What do u think? Armory is on the signature, thanks in advance guys :)

p.s Has anyone tryed the Lifeward enchant to see procs?
Last edited by mgkeeper on Tue Dec 30, 2008 6:36 am, edited 2 times in total.
When in doubt, round 'em up and consecrate!!
Armory: Socrateus
mgkeeper
 
Posts: 29
Joined: Sat Jul 05, 2008 9:06 am

Postby Arjuna » Tue Dec 30, 2008 6:27 am

I needed no whelps in phase 1 and 3...ony was enough...as for heals, SoL was enough for that :P

...or did I use JoL?
HUZZAH! How many points do I receive? :D
User avatar
Arjuna
 
Posts: 1848
Joined: Tue Aug 14, 2007 3:26 am

Postby hoho » Tue Dec 30, 2008 6:33 am

mgkeeper wrote:I got an idea cause i have have some emblems that i am not using so i thought i should go and buy the Grasscutter, enchant it with Lifeward and give it a shot using the SoV with JoW/JoL when i need it. What do u think?
I'd prefer quest mace with some other enchant, it'll do more damage and healing with JoL/SoL should be enough. In P2 you can just heal yourself to full, grab a few whelps and get full mana again.

Though keep an eye on your buffs, I managed to not notice when my BoS ran out, luckily other regen stuff came off cooldown shortly :)
User avatar
hoho
 
Posts: 2445
Joined: Sun Sep 07, 2008 12:02 pm
Location: Estonia

Postby Discus » Tue Dec 30, 2008 9:25 am

Ooo I fancy trying this to show off to my guild - Is it possible for relative new 80s (4-5 crafted epics - 440 defense - rest blues) or do you need full raid/badge epics?
Discus
 
Posts: 720
Joined: Thu Mar 13, 2008 10:28 am

Postby Zeels » Tue Dec 30, 2008 9:33 am

Discus wrote:Ooo I fancy trying this to show off to my guild - Is it possible for relative new 80s (4-5 crafted epics - 440 defense - rest blues) or do you need full raid/badge epics?


440, that's quite low on defense... Don't know if ony counts as a lvl 83 boss.
Anyway should be possible to be doing this with blues and crafted epics.
Basically, the only hard part about this encounter is running after her in phase 2, you will take some damage in phase 2, and you will need to bubble and heal from time to time.

I would say that ony, bloodlord and attumen are about the same in difficulty. Moroes is a bit harder, depending on add setup as well.
By the Power of Grey Skull!

Lvl 80 Spanks you very much Spankadin!

Spank
User avatar
Zeels
 
Posts: 499
Joined: Wed Aug 01, 2007 8:44 am
Location: SWE/GBG

PreviousNext

Return to General Strats

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


Remove Advertisements

Who is online

In total there is 1 user online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 1 guest (based on users active over the past 5 minutes)
Most users ever online was 380 on Tue Oct 14, 2008 6:28 pm

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest