Remove Advertisements

Solo Hakkar?

Strats / Info that doesn't fit in a specific instance

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, guillex

Solo Hakkar?

Postby Arca » Sat Dec 27, 2008 1:11 am

Anyone think this would be feasible? Will he MC if he only has one target?

I know that a hunter (BM at least) could currently solo him as the pet is not humanoid and cannot be mc'd, not to mention that hakkars damage is laughable with all other bosses down.

I'll give it a go next reset to check for myself, but I was just curious if anyone else has tried.
Arca

Postby Taragon » Sat Dec 27, 2008 1:25 am

I'm attempting him right now (this will be the 3rd time i've zoned in trying to kill him). It's been posted that he is soloable by paladins but i'm having troubles hitting his enrage timer at 20% hp to go.

1200ish dps is required (actually over because he will stun you every 1:30 and drain life loosing both time and healing hakkar)

Note that I'm doing this with both the bat and the tiger boss up (Bat is very VERY hard to solo and the tiger grants hakkar a castable 150% attack speed buff to help with mana return)

Specs tried so far are the typical main tank spec and 33/38 spec taking HS/AoW/Jotw which lacks a few things but has Superior mana return.

Edit: oh, no he will not mc if it's only one person.

Edit2: 2% :( hit enrage at 6%

Edit3: Down with some mats. Enraged at 2% (brought a friend in to help kill bat boss, thus making the damage intake very easy to handle and to stop the silence)
Last edited by Taragon on Sat Dec 27, 2008 6:09 am, edited 2 times in total.
Taragon - Ex-Maintankadin of Insomnia

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-shee ... &n=Taragon
Taragon

Postby majiben » Sat Dec 27, 2008 2:45 am

Are you poping wings every CD?
Amirya wrote:some bizarre lovechild of Hawking, Einstein, and Theck
majiben

Postby Elsie » Sat Dec 27, 2008 3:04 am

1400ish dps is required (actually over because he will stun you every 1:30 and drain life loosing both time and healing hakkar)

I'm not sure if it stops some of the healing, but sacred shield absorbs some of the damage.
Elsie

Postby Tropicana » Sat Dec 27, 2008 3:47 pm

Taragon wrote:1200ish dps is required (actually over because he will stun you every 1:30 and drain life loosing both time and healing hakkar)

Back at 60, if you were moving/jumping a lot when he was going to cast the life drain, it would not affect you. Maybe this still works?
Tropicana

Postby HinataDestiny » Sat Dec 27, 2008 4:22 pm

Taragon wrote:1200ish dps is required (actually over because he will stun you every 1:30 and drain life loosing both time and healing hakkar)

Bring up one of the Son of Hakkar and let it beat on you while judging it now and then and keeping Cons up and kill it before his stun and stay in the poison and dont cleanse it and when he drains life he will actually lose health because he drains the poison too which hurts him.
Retired Wowhead since Feb 14th 2009

A4 - Anime Forums - Your Place to Talk Anime

Playing: Halo(Heroic), Halo 2(Heroic), Ill let you know if/when I get to legendary.
HinataDestiny

Postby Tropicana » Sat Dec 27, 2008 11:44 pm

Tropicana wrote:

Back at 60, if you were moving/jumping a lot when he was going to cast the life drain, it would not affect you. Maybe this still works?

Yup, still works. Just gave this a shot, only got him to around 50% before enraging, bat and tiger still up.
But if you strafe back and forth rapidly as he is about to do the blood siphon, you can avoid it. Although I had no timer mod running, so I missed 1 or 2.
Tropicana

Postby Taragon » Sun Dec 28, 2008 12:00 am

It's good to note that The son's sill have a knock down and are hardly worth it. I'm happy i killed him but i'm probably not going back for him ever.
Taragon - Ex-Maintankadin of Insomnia

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-shee ... &n=Taragon
Taragon

Postby loladine » Sun Dec 28, 2008 2:46 am

Ive only solo'd him when all the other bosses r down bat was the hardest one n its much better to get a friend in to help interupt

Before the pull i get 2 adds onmyself since it gives extra mana return and u cn kill them b4 the life drain so to do more dmg to boss which is helpfull the rest of the fight i just dps'd as always using SoCorrup and JoL while i had adds giving mana then switched to SoW and JoW and just took my time to kill him

fairly easy fight for me since i am in full epic raidin gear and SoR just pwns
loladine

Postby Arca » Sun Dec 28, 2008 4:42 pm

Taragon wrote:I'm attempting him right now (this will be the 3rd time i've zoned in trying to kill him). It's been posted that he is soloable by paladins but i'm having troubles hitting his enrage timer at 20% hp to go.

1200ish dps is required (actually over because he will stun you every 1:30 and drain life loosing both time and healing hakkar)

Note that I'm doing this with both the bat and the tiger boss up (Bat is very VERY hard to solo and the tiger grants hakkar a castable 150% attack speed buff to help with mana return)

Specs tried so far are the typical main tank spec and 33/38 spec taking HS/AoW/Jotw which lacks a few things but has Superior mana return.

Edit: oh, no he will not mc if it's only one person.

Edit2: 2% :( hit enrage at 6%

Edit3: Down with some mats. Enraged at 2% (brought a friend in to help kill bat boss, thus making the damage intake very easy to handle and to stop the silence)

Thanks for the info, I'll probably be heading in tonight to see what i can accomplish =)
Arca

Postby Tropicana » Mon Dec 29, 2008 9:53 pm

Killed as ret with no problem after a few failed attempts as prot. Although my ret gear is 100x better than my prot gear.
Tropicana

Postby Krazy » Sun Jan 04, 2009 5:02 am

Soloed him yesterday after clearing all the other bosses (finally soloed bat boss yay!).

Did it as normal prot spec with about 1750 block value unbuffed (not counting libram).

Popped wings with 440BV trinket http://www.wowhead.com/?item=37872 every time they were up.

He enraged at 1 percent but a few more hits and he was dead. Sadly after they nerf the double shield of righteousness I will not be able to solo him as prot...nothing can make up for that loss of dps. The gold and loots that he drops will not pay for the respec cost to ret either so he will just have to stay up. At least for now I can say I solo'ed the whole instance...ZG on farm!
Krazy

Postby Arca » Mon Jan 05, 2009 3:37 am

Its been a busy week so I finally got around to doing this tonight. Tried with straight prot gear, didn't go so well. Went in with a mix of prot/ret gear to maximize BV and buff my crit%, worked out a lot better, just ended up going oom for a 5% enrage =(. Went back after grabbing a mana pot from the bank and got him down, 30sec to enrage.

Same as what krazy said, after the ShotR rank 1/2 thing is fixed, i dont think this will be possible as prot till MUCH later.
Arca

Postby Aysun » Mon Jan 05, 2009 7:00 am

I did this with the bat boss still up since she seems pretty impossible to solo. I finally downed him with almost full retri gear, equipping relatively better BV items to replace some of my weaker retri stuff. It was all heroic/badge items along with a few lvl 70 BV items (the autoblocker and its copy at least).

First attempt was horrible since I tried pulling sons, can't remember his health when he enraged.

Second attempt I took two sons with me to the fight to prevent life drains and otherwise just full out DPSed the boss. I ended up wiping to the enrage with 20k health left on him.

For the 3rd attempt I went and bought the 45 int and 50 str elixirs, and cooked myself some buff food. This time I didn't pull any sons and just focused on the boss, ignoring the life drain. He enraged right in the end, and I wiped with him having 147 health left! I didn't know whether to cry or laugh. :?

On the 4th and final try I used Seal of Wisdom. I judged wisdom until AD range, where JoL was enough to keep me up. On the previous tries (except the 3rd) I used DS only to prevent some damage and kept dpsing. This try I only used wings 3 times and popped a BV trinket at the same time. When I had almost no mana left and was running low on HP I LoHed myself (both glyphs, they really shine here). I kept SS up on myself most of the fight. Squeezing every bit of DPS I could, making sure SHoRs were on cooldown and Concecrate was running (most of the fight), I got him down before he enraged.

It was extremely interesting how tight the enrage timer is for a prot paladin in heroic gear. I suggest you try it before they fix ShoRs (as mentioned before), it'll become tricky after that.
Aysun - level 80 Paladin - Zenedar EU
Avah - level 80 Shaman - Zenedar EU
Ferra - level 80 Rogue - Zenedar EU
Aysun

Postby Conaan! » Mon Jan 05, 2009 12:17 pm

Krazy wrote:Soloed him yesterday after clearing all the other bosses (finally soloed bat boss yay!).

Did it as normal prot spec with about 1750 block value unbuffed (not counting libram).

Popped wings with 440BV trinket http://www.wowhead.com/?item=37872 every time they were up.

He enraged at 1 percent but a few more hits and he was dead. Sadly after they nerf the double shield of righteousness I will not be able to solo him as prot...nothing can make up for that loss of dps. The gold and loots that he drops will not pay for the respec cost to ret either so he will just have to stay up. At least for now I can say I solo'ed the whole instance...ZG on farm!

i cant see how you cant kill him, ive never seen him enraged after two times of soloing him now with just thekal up, just make your circling around him every 1 minute 20 seconds to stop the blood siphon that happens at 1:30

and my gear is just 10 man naxx stuff, its not high end
Lore wrote:JEAPORDY: CREEPY BASEMENT EDITION
Conaan!

Next

Return to General Strats