Remove Advertisements

[H] Violet Hold, Xevozz issues

Strats / Info that doesn't fit in a specific instance

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, guillex

[H] Violet Hold, Xevozz issues

Postby Bloogonis » Thu Dec 25, 2008 12:30 am

To start the fight, I tried going by the general strategy, which is to start on top of the pile of rubble, using Avenger's Shield to make the initial pull. DPS is on him and for 10-15 seconds, and when the first sphere is summoned at the bottom of the rubble, I start to back up, no problems thus far.

Then it goes bad. A second sphere is summoned which goes around the lower part of the room, comes up the stairs behind me and I am flanked. I try to escape it but then I am pulled in, try to run away, but then I die.

O----------------------------X <- The rubble
E------------------------------<

O= stairs on the left
----= on top is the wall
----= on bottom is my path
x= is starting location where I initially tank him.
E= where I end up after the first sphere, usually were I get flanked.

I understand the fight, I just keep running into the same problems. Should I start moving as soon as he starts summoning spheres or should I wait until it summons and then move and if so, should I move always (That is when I would run into the flanking issue), or move then stop for a second than move again? The big question is how to best deal with the LoS. Thank you for any and all feedback. (I know the diagram is bad, not good at those things).
Bloogonis

Postby Threatco » Thu Dec 25, 2008 6:26 am

I think you answered your own question.

I had that happen a couple times and then I started kiteing him reactionary.

I would start by pulling him to side of room. Then I wait for orbs to come my way past the middle way up. then I kite him up. Then I wait till orb is on its way up and go along to other side.

I dont think i can describe this well but you don't want to let the orbs get too far behind or it wont take the path you want.
Guild Leader of <Oblivion> on Arthas (PvP) US.
Glory of the Icecrown Raider 10 man 03/18/10
Glory of the Ulduar Raider 10 man 08/17/09.
Limitation strictly defined by motivation.
Threatco

Postby Worldie » Thu Dec 25, 2008 6:49 am

Kite faster. You must be at the other side of the room before he summons another sphere.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Sederia » Thu Dec 25, 2008 11:06 am

use the ledges too, up and over

the sphere's seem to have 'pathing' issues ;)
Sederia

Postby Belloc » Fri Dec 26, 2008 9:38 am

Several things your group could do: Better dps, better individual reaction to orbs, remove the debuff (not sure what it does, though)...

Also, the orbs are stunnable. It's not much, but it gives you extra time.
Belloc

Postby Threatco » Fri Dec 26, 2008 9:20 pm

Might be dumb luck but once I started making sure they follow the path I am and not cutting me off by taking the middle path, have never had a problem since.
Guild Leader of <Oblivion> on Arthas (PvP) US.
Glory of the Icecrown Raider 10 man 03/18/10
Glory of the Ulduar Raider 10 man 08/17/09.
Limitation strictly defined by motivation.
Threatco

Postby cordelia » Sat Dec 27, 2008 3:14 am

Kite in the middle and nuke him before the spheres pull you in. If they do pull you in, Bubble, Divine Guardian, taunt, and nuke him before the next time they pull you in. Makes healers' lives much easier. Of course, if you didn't spec DG, at least tell your healer you're bubbling, so he knows not to heal you, and heal himself and all the dps.
cordelia

Postby majiben » Sat Dec 27, 2008 3:43 am

This is my so far fool proof method of kiting him. Your party (the blue dots) stand at the top of the rubble ramp. Throw your shield at the boss (green dot) and hold him at the top of the stairs till he summons his orbs (brown circles). Then and only then kite him clock wise on the ramp. At the end he should be dead or near dead. Kite him back the other way if he has time to summon a second set of orbs (shouldn't happen unless you lose a dps).

Amirya wrote:some bizarre lovechild of Hawking, Einstein, and Theck
majiben

Postby Neara » Sun Dec 28, 2008 11:11 am

i start at the stairs to the left and kite him all the way around the top. works 90% of the time..

sometimes shit just happens, bad port or getting cornered. If he gets the buff i bubble wall right away, activate trinkets and have my finger above Lay on Hands.
Neara

Postby skolor » Sun Dec 28, 2008 4:39 pm

I ran this last night, and after wiping 3 times trying to kite him, one of the DPS mentioned a bug that existed with the orb pathing that could be used. If, as soon as he is released, everyone get right against the grating in the water pit, and then you pull and tank him there, he never gets the buff. It seems that the orbs will not go into the water, and you are able to just tank him there without anything special at all.
My blog of my experiences leveling a tankadin.
skolor

Postby Invisusira » Sun Dec 28, 2008 4:41 pm

o y helo thar huge avatar

i herd u r huge
Invisusira

Postby Joanadark » Mon Dec 29, 2008 1:35 am

people kite this boss?
I honestly had no idea.
Arkham's Razor: a theory which states the simplest explaination tends to lead to Cthulu.
Joanadark

Postby zandoff » Mon Dec 29, 2008 2:46 am

Did him last night on heroic and the strat using the top platform seem pretty foolproof and reproducible. DPS and healer stand at the top of the left hand stone ramp and tank at bottom to pull him.

You do not need to kite fast as you can see the orbs following and because you are in a well defined ramp, you always know where they are. The trick is to kite slowly from left to right accross the top and by the time you get to the steps on the right, the orbs will despawn, ready for the next set. The first set of orbs will follow you up the stone ramp, the second set will follow you up the steps and back to the ramp.

There is an arguement that if you kite him against the back wall it prevents LOS and this worked as there were no teleports at all.

I was in with a fairly low DPS group and he still went down half way accross the back and it felt relaxed and in control.

hmm- Sig has not updated :(
zandoff

Return to General Strats