Help with Leo and Vashj

Hydross, Lurker, Leotheras, Fathom-Lord, Tidewalker, Vashj

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Postby Cakes » Fri Oct 05, 2007 1:44 pm

Tiandelin wrote:I'll qualify this with the note that we don't have phase 2 entirely down yet (damn striders), but as far as naga control goes, we position the tanks around the top of the platform. We're spread out more or less evenly so that at least one of us can get to a newly spawned naga before it snacks on some hapless healer. Also, we're currently toying with the idea of designating one person as the naga tank and having the other tanks just bring nagas to him. Theoretically, this should help keep the process more organized since we won't have to shift tanks around.

I'll recommend that you rethink how tank heavy you want to run on this fight, as it makes phase 2 that much easier to have more dps. I'd personally recommend 2-3 tanks for learning, if you want to run more, have some go into their hybrid role (kitty dps, warrior dps, pally healing, etc) or just swap them out entirely for more ranged (strider) dps.
Cakes

Postby Akonda » Fri Oct 05, 2007 2:21 pm

Good point, but if theres 5 nagas (which sounds about right assuming we chose not to kill them) could 3 prot tanks hold all 5? I'm just putting my thoughts out there: How bad of an idea is it to have all the melee DPS (save maybe a couple to kill 1 strider) on elementals, all the ranged DPS on only striders and the tanks simply holding the Nagas until phase 3 starts and then the ranged kills them?

I've never seen phase 3 so I don't know how nasty it is.
Akonda

Postby Cakes » Fri Oct 05, 2007 6:53 pm

Thing is, with as much dps as I'm proposing you bring, you won't have problems with nagas being up. With your plan, you have tanks holding the naga (that's fine) but you plan on burning them down in phase 3 (the not so fine part). The thing about phase 3 is that it's exactly like phase 1, but with 2 kinks thrown in. 1) You only have a fixed amount of time to get her from 50% to dead. Any time spent dpsing nagas that are up is time spent not dps'ing her. 2) You have bats to deal with. Usually hunters and locks are the best for these and can keep them under control until the enrage hits.
Cakes

Previous

Return to Serpentshrine Cavern