Remove Advertisements

I thought I had the gear for H VH

Get help with your character's gear

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, majiben, lythac, Digren

Postby Arjuna » Wed Dec 24, 2008 10:04 pm

make sure you bring healers with enough skill for the heroic aswell...
HUZZAH! How many points do I receive? :D
Arjuna

Postby Lewid » Thu Dec 25, 2008 6:36 pm

Neara wrote:
Discus wrote:Ah sorry, I forget the name of the boss we got in VH sorry - little guy. We wiped on him 'cos of not knowing mechanics. So we gave up and tried "easy" nexus" instead on heroic. It was the first boss in the nexus heroic that hit for 9k and made my guildies say "no, waste of time, the tanks not geared yet"

Hence I was trying to find out what min stats are for a healer in any heroic so I could blame someone else :lol:

i guess 9k was his whirlwind? .. that's normal

it was probably the etherial guy, he's the only one that does near to 9k, and he only does that when you let him get within 10 yards of an orb. Otherwise he hits for a third of that.
Lewid

Postby phaqueue » Thu Dec 25, 2008 6:39 pm

just for reference... just finished heroic violet hold... the entire thing... with no pants or helm on... which made me crittable...

still easy
"Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so." -Douglas Adams
phaqueue

Postby Threatco » Thu Dec 25, 2008 11:56 pm

H VH is easy mode.

535 def 19k HP/armor minimum.

Learn the boss fights and they are lawls.

LAWLS I TELL YOU!!!!!!!

(That means easy)
Guild Leader of <Oblivion> on Arthas (PvP) US.
Glory of the Icecrown Raider 10 man 03/18/10
Glory of the Ulduar Raider 10 man 08/17/09.
Limitation strictly defined by motivation.
Threatco

Postby majiben » Fri Dec 26, 2008 12:13 am

Threatco wrote:H VH is easy mode.

535 def 19k HP/armor minimum.

Learn the boss fights and they are lawls.

LAWLS I TELL YOU!!!!!!!

(That means easy)
I chanellenge you to PuG it with those stats with less than 500 over on armor or health.
Amirya wrote:some bizarre lovechild of Hawking, Einstein, and Theck
majiben

Postby Levantine » Fri Dec 26, 2008 12:43 am

Hell, I'm scared to pug that place with 23k/23k and 542 Defense, to be honest.

Pugs are scary. :(
Levantine

Postby phaqueue » Fri Dec 26, 2008 1:54 am

Levantine wrote:Hell, I'm scared to pug that place with 23k/23k and 542 Defense, to be honest.

Pugs are scary. :(

yea... no amount of gear will help with a bad pug though...

full 25-man epicced tanks will still die if the people in their group don't seem to have a functional human brain between all 4 of them (which happens plenty of times in pugs)

to quote Ron White "You can't fix stupid"
"Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so." -Douglas Adams
phaqueue

Postby Kaeliana » Fri Dec 26, 2008 3:46 am

i must have the best luck on these boards. i pug stuff all the time and dont have half the horror stories of the posters on these boards. not to mention a nicely developed friends list from the people i've met in these pug's.
Kaeliana

Postby phaqueue » Fri Dec 26, 2008 3:54 am

Kaeliana wrote:i must have the best luck on these boards. i pug stuff all the time and dont have half the horror stories of the posters on these boards. not to mention a nicely developed friends list from the people i've met in these pug's.

don't get me wrong - I have a decent friend list of puggers that are pretty good (mostly consists of healers... with a dps here and there)

but there are some stories of people who are just terrible... they just have no clue how their spec/class/game works... and don't try to learn it either (see sig here)

I have no problem with fresh 80s or people who just don't know how the instance/fight works... everyone has to learn sometime... but to not know the basics of your class... that's just ridiculous - you've played the class for 80 levels... you should know the basics...

recent example...last night I had a druid healer let me die on Keristraza (I believe - last boss of heroic nexus) because... and I quote " I got frozen out of range so I couldn't get to you in time to heal you..."

so he was frozen out of range long enough for me to take ocer 26k damage... including avoidance... pretty terrible for a class who's signature (at least signature IMO) abilities REMOVE SNARES...

things like that are what irk me...
phaqueue

Previous

Return to Gear Discussions and Advice