[H] Utgarde Pinnacle guide

Strats / Info that doesn't fit in a specific instance

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, guillex

Postby Zoltar » Thu Dec 18, 2008 4:12 pm

mirkodeluxe wrote:Not sure if its an ATI driver issue (havent tried updating them yet) but when doing the gauntlet thingy I get terrible graphics lag with the frostbreath aoe on the ground and I have to turn down my spell detail level or try to have the effect outside of my POV.

Just a tip if you have an older computer/graphics card. Mine is just 8 months old though, it shouldnt lag that terribly.

Saw a blue post today which basically said that lots of people are experiencing video issues in instances at peak play times and they are looking into it.
Zoltar

Postby Gullion » Fri Dec 19, 2008 11:16 am

Zoltar wrote:
mirkodeluxe wrote:Not sure if its an ATI driver issue (havent tried updating them yet) but when doing the gauntlet thingy I get terrible graphics lag with the frostbreath aoe on the ground and I have to turn down my spell detail level or try to have the effect outside of my POV.

Just a tip if you have an older computer/graphics card. Mine is just 8 months old though, it shouldnt lag that terribly.

Saw a blue post today which basically said that lots of people are experiencing video issues in instances at peak play times and they are looking into it.

Well that's good news to me, and I hope they do fix it soon, because I still need to help farm it for my offtanks as well.

/tap @ Blizzard's devs
Frisbeeing no0bs since 2005
Gullion

Postby kenshin648 » Mon Dec 22, 2008 8:43 am

When you are fighting the trash mobs after the Skadi fight, if you have a shaman in your group, have them drop a tremor totem when fighting the berserkers. It is a great help for getting rid of their fear ability. When fighting the mighty king himself, a disease dispelling totem may also help so you dont have to constantly cleanse fetrid rot off yourself.
Give me blood
kenshin648

Postby Snake-Aes » Wed Dec 24, 2008 5:46 am

Hint on Skadi: When he's whirling towards someone, you can taunt him and he'll keep going to you instead of the other guy. Good to make him bounce in vain.
I am not allowed to seduce the abyssal's lunar mate.
Snake-Aes
Maintankadonor

Postby Cearn » Wed Dec 24, 2008 9:02 am

Snake-Aes wrote:Hint on Skadi: When he's whirling towards someone, you can taunt him and he'll keep going to you instead of the other guy. Good to make him bounce in vain.

So it's possible to ping-pong him with 3+ pallys?
Well actually 2 should be enough given his slow speed while whirling.
Cearn

Postby Belloc » Wed Dec 24, 2008 11:12 am

Cearn wrote:
Snake-Aes wrote:Hint on Skadi: When he's whirling towards someone, you can taunt him and he'll keep going to you instead of the other guy. Good to make him bounce in vain.

So it's possible to ping-pong him with 3+ pallys?
Well actually 2 should be enough given his slow speed while whirling.

If your group members get enough distance, you can let him slowly travel to them and then taunt him before he reaches them, at which point he will return to you for a few seconds. When the fixate on the taunt ends, he will return to the targeted player, but they will be so far away that he cannot reach them before his whirlwind ends.

In other words, no need to ping-pong him... especially when we get our 2nd taunt in 3.0.8.
Belloc

Previous

Return to General Strats