Remove Advertisements

Best T7 Pieces to get 4-piece bonus?

Get help with your character's gear

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, majiben, lythac, Digren

Best T7 Pieces to get 4-piece bonus?

Postby Pallypete » Tue Dec 23, 2008 9:47 am

Just curious if anybody knows which of the T7 pieces are the "better" ones (i.e. aren't COMPLETELY outdone by regular drops/badge gear like the old T4-T5 pants were). Is there a piece that's considered "bad"? Or are they all pretty decent compared to the generic tanking plate? I've got the 10-man chest and gloves already, just curious which other two pieces I should aim for.
Pallypete

Postby Tacoshell » Tue Dec 23, 2008 10:27 am

They are all good.
Tacoshell-70 Protection Paladin-Smolderthorn
Tacoshell

Postby Kilthanas » Tue Dec 23, 2008 11:01 am

I'll be talking mostly about the 25 man tier 7 although it may apply to the other set as well.

SHOULDERS - best in slot period
GLOVES - arguably best in slot

LEGS - Arguably there are legs from sartharion and 25 man malygos that are better but these are quite nice
CHEST - The Chest from 25 man sartharion with multiple drakes up is the best chest in the game.
HEAD - Helm of Vital Protection has better socket bonus and overall stats imo than tier 7 (25). But the head isn't bad.

If you're talking about 10 man loot much of the same applies, there is a better helmet (Thane's Tainted Greathelm from 4 horsemen) and sidegrades from non-tier sets.

I've got 25 man legs and chest atm and am looking to get gloves and shoulders because they'll help my defense and let me gem for more STAM. Don't underestimate pieces with higher DEF, they allow more flexibility and tier 7 sometimes has higher DEF.

IMO the itemization on the helmet is the crappiest. It doesn't have any avoidance and instead stacks block value but doesn't even have block rating to help you hit cap. That said good helms are hard to find. Itemization is strongest on the shoulders, then the gloves but people who aren't already block capped will love the block stuff on the chest and legs.
Kilthanas

Postby Pallypete » Tue Dec 23, 2008 5:38 pm

Yeah, from looking at it the helmet seems pretty terrible by comparison to the other pieces. Hopefully I can get either the helm from 4 horsemen [10] or one of the Heroic helms from Gothik or Saph.
Pallypete

Postby Harlequina » Wed Dec 24, 2008 1:46 am

Helmet is fine if you don't need more BR, which I know I don't anymore. BR basically doesn't do crap for me anymore with my current setup. The BR that either the chest OR leggings give, is enough for me, which is my plan exactly. To use one of them, not both. Either the 7.5 leggings, or the 7.5 chest, depending on which offset item I get first. Have the 7.0 chest for now.

If the helmet had BR aswell, then I might not even have payed for it. But that's me, I know where my stats are and will be. More BR than I have now is almost a complete waste.

BV is a damn nice stat.

The expertise on the other hand... If it just was hitrating... :roll: Although I think it's good to have some extra expertise. I personally don't have it on any other piece, so.

Thane's helm from 10-man Naxx is really nice though. It was the one I wanted to get at first. But hey, if you get that one, you're missing out on some of the the transformers look! (lol)

And Vital Protection is basically like the transformer helmet, except that it has parry instead of BV. I'd probably choose parry, if it wasn't for the fact the one with BV happens to be a tier helmet, giving the set bonus. And yea I want the 4 set bonus aswell. And BV isn't bad at all.

AND both chest and leggings is a no-go for me, so. So for -me-, it's pretty straightforward.
Last edited by Harlequina on Wed Dec 24, 2008 2:24 am, edited 2 times in total.
Harlequina

Postby Harlequina » Wed Dec 24, 2008 2:17 am

In the end, it's just about personal preference. Doesn't really matter. It's all about knowing YOURSELF what your character needs more of, what gear your character could currently benefit the most of, what you actually want your character to have the most of, etc.

I know exactly what Harley is at right now, and I personally like avoidance. Alot. But I also like balance. So some piece(s) with BV is good to me aswell. T7 is PERFECT, other than MAYBE the expertise on the helmet.

In my eyes.

You could be sensible and say that "that small amount of extra BV won't matter much when you're getting hit for 25k".

But I'm also someone who don't want to use two different sets for tanking. Maybe two different pieces... Maybe. But that's all. That's why I just want abit of balance, more leaning towards avoidance and stamina however. Reason why I wouldn't want both the t7 leggings and t7 chest (other than the fact that the extra BR would be a waste for my char right now)
Harlequina

Postby phaqueue » Wed Dec 24, 2008 3:09 am

IMO - the 2-piece set is the one to get... I wouldn't be all about the 4 piece... it's a nice bonus... but I don't think it's one of those bonuses that forces you to get the bonus...

I think it's useful on some fights I will rock the set for fights with soft-enrages and such (ie maexxna, patchwerk, etc) but for most fights, I would rather have the static stats than a slight buff to a cooldown ability...

so my opinon, if there's a piece that's clearly better in a slot - use that for every fight where you aren't guaranteed to need your bubblewall...
"Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so." -Douglas Adams
phaqueue

Return to Gear Discussions and Advice