The List: What can I solo as a level 80 prot pally?

Strats / Info that doesn't fit in a specific instance

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, guillex

Postby phaqueue » Sat Dec 20, 2008 12:53 am

updated the list 12/20 - just wanted to say thanks to everyone that's helping contribute - keep the dead bosses coming!!
"Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so." -Douglas Adams
phaqueue

Postby Brudar » Sat Dec 20, 2008 8:24 pm

fuzzygeek wrote:
Brudar wrote:Just did Shattered Halls and Crypts very easy on my way to Mana Tombs

2nd Boss on MT is a bastard. He stuns and hits for close to 2k, three times in a row.

I've killed Lucifron, who is irritating. Double mana cost is painful.

I did mana Tombs right after I posted that, but you can actually skip him. To the left of him is a small gap with I think a light post or something like that sqeeze yourself between that and you should get through.
Before:

After:
Brudar

Postby PsiVen » Sun Dec 21, 2008 1:43 am

Went into Kara hoping to test out BBW or Oz. Unfortunately, got R&J which was very obviously not going to happen as soon as she started spamming holy damage and healing to full.

Attumen was pretty easy, annoying to wait out the curse though.

Moroes was a bit tricky. Adds were MS War, Ret Pal, Sh Priest, Holy Priest. Retadin will stun making you take about 15k damage, facemelter will burn your mana to zero and do a ton of damage, holy priest will heal and MS dude will MS you. Fortunately they are low level so you resist all their stuff at a 90% rate or so, so odds are only one of these nasty abilities will land. I zerged the healer first (HoJ then HW to interrupt) and it wasn't too bad from there. Most of Moroes' damage comes from Garrote, so I had a definite advantage being a dwarf.

Maiden was close, but felt sustainable. Under the AD threshold SoL will indefinitely keep you alive while JoW/DP/Sanct give you just enough mana to get by. Sacred Shield with SoW worked fairly well too, resulting in slowly decreasing health but more mana to work with. She hits for 1200-1800 unblocked, but with high SBV most damage is coming from consecration and her little shadow attack (she won't cast Holy Fire on you).
Gladiator Psiven, Retired Tankadin
WoW-sober since March 2014
Longtime addict of Space - Glory Through Conquest
PsiVen

Postby Krazy » Tue Dec 23, 2008 3:52 am

Krazy

Postby isiz » Tue Dec 23, 2008 6:04 pm

Valsh wrote: and hakkar can be done with the bat boss alive.

Doesn't that make him do an AoE and a silence? Why would that make him easier than without it?
ImageImage
Tuesday maintenance is merely a setback!
isiz

Postby phaqueue » Tue Dec 23, 2008 9:55 pm

it is harder... but the bat is near impossible to solo as a prot pally... she heals - and from what has been posted before... you die to fire long before you can beat out the heals...
"Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so." -Douglas Adams
phaqueue

Postby isiz » Tue Dec 23, 2008 10:07 pm

Ah ok, it sounded as though leaving the bat up made him easier for some reason.
ImageImage
isiz

Postby isiz » Tue Dec 23, 2008 11:03 pm

Well I just went and soloed ShHalls on normal and I gotta say it was cake.

If you skip the ogre boss and go right to the last guy the Ogre runs to join the fight and even the two of them plus the adds couldn't get me below 98% for more than 2 secs with SoL up... Heroic next.

STILL no damn trinket ><
ImageImage
isiz

Postby mgkeeper » Wed Dec 24, 2008 12:41 am

Great post guys. I was reading this yesterday and later the evening as i went home i had some time off untill i get to Sartharion HC, so i went to Shattered Halls. It was by default nowadays set to Heroic mode and i realised it after i went inside. But i figured "what the hell, i will give it a try to see..". I made it to the chamber before the door of the 1st boss when i get invited for summon to Dragonblight. Althought i was a bit hesitant about the casters in there, i was able to kill all mobs without any problems and fast too. Remember 1st kill the Accolytes as they are the healers. Other than that np at all with SoL / JoL u will be close to risk a death.

My armory is http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-reputation.xml?r=Genjuros&n=Socratis.

Again Great Post guys!! I will try Doomwalker one of the coming nights with a friend (SP).
mgkeeper

Postby phaqueue » Wed Dec 24, 2008 1:11 am

glad it helped!

also - I'll be expanding this post a little to include Duo with healer as well - as my roommate and myself are working on putting together a list of things we can 2-man...

so far we've done Doomwalker, first couple kara bosses (I know they're soloable... but it's much more efficient to bring a healer and pull whole rooms at once...)

we're contemplating what level 70 raids we can 2-man... to the point of debating whether Hyjal is possible (we're going to try it eventually)

would be a lot easier if I had the time to raid and pick up some 25 man tanking gear... but overall - hasn't been that hard anyways

eventually - some of the even harder stuff... we'll be bringing a DK friend to help as well - we're fairly certain we can 3-man magtheridon with this group (we are pretty certain he's not doable 2-man yet...)

if you have any good 2-mans - post them here... if it gets too cluttered - I'll start a 2nd post...
phaqueue

Postby Cearn » Wed Dec 24, 2008 8:54 am

I 2-manned all BC-heroics except for Arcatraz, which you might need a shaman healer for to interrupt heals. TDM (thats MT) is fairly hard and you have to drain the 3rd Boss, but killing the trash is harder imho.
Cearn

Postby isiz » Wed Dec 24, 2008 10:53 am

phaqueue wrote:
we're contemplating what level 70 raids we can 2-man... to the point of debating whether Hyjal is possible (we're going to try it eventually)

Won't be able to kill the second boss unless your healer friend can heal you through an increasing number of infernals...bring FR gear to be sure. And he will pretty much constantly be hit by the locust swarm reducing his healing done...maybe when T8 or t9 comes out :P
ImageImage
isiz

Postby Threatco » Thu Dec 25, 2008 9:23 pm

Anyone have an idea what say the top 5 most profit/time would be?

Trying to find a new way to make a buck on limited time.

Enchanter / Miner

(all pre wotlk shards on my server, blue and purple, sell for less then 3 G Arthas Horde ><)
Guild Leader of <Oblivion> on Arthas (PvP) US.
Glory of the Icecrown Raider 10 man 03/18/10
Glory of the Ulduar Raider 10 man 08/17/09.
Limitation strictly defined by motivation.
Threatco

Postby Conaan! » Thu Dec 25, 2008 9:31 pm

today i did:
ony
ZG: panther/jendo/bloodlord/spider/snake
aq20: kurinaxx/rajaxx/moam/ossirian

and i got around 700-740g

so i would say do that as much as possible

trouble makers were all of aq20, ZG is really easy and ony i could do in my sleep

for kurinaxx, keep rotating to four points on its body, if you try to kite it likes to teleport you on top of it and spawn a sand trap there

for rajaxx, the waves are easy, the boss does a thunderclap that HURTS, heals are a MUST

for moam, if your an engineer, the parachute cloak will really help with the explosion, taking off some fall damage, elementals can get annoying, make sure each time he summons them to take them down

for ossirian TRASH, FIRE RESIST MY GOD, 221 fire resist was helping me resist 8-11k of the meteor damage, thats the ONLY spell that sucks, just have fire resist gear with you and you can do it, dont try without

for ossirian himself, mount up, pull him to the first crystal, as he hits the steps activate it, should hit him with it and stop you from getting big hit, its only 2k damage, so it doesnt matter if you mess up much (usual 400-600 melee's), parachute cloak will once again help with positioning, if you time it right you can float to the next crystal from one crystal (well, atleast near it), renew the debuff once it reaches 15 seconds. Enveloping winds will get taken off everytime its cast on you, dont worry about it
Lore wrote:JEAPORDY: CREEPY BASEMENT EDITION
Conaan!

Postby Tropicana » Thu Dec 25, 2008 11:22 pm

A few things:

Conaan! wrote:for kurinaxx, keep rotating to four points on its body, if you try to kite it likes to teleport you on top of it and spawn a sand trap there

I find that enabling "walk" and strafing around him in a circle works best for me. Always facing him to hit/block, won't move too far away so he won't teleport you in front of him.

for rajaxx, the waves are easy, the boss does a thunderclap that HURTS, heals are a MUST

Thunderclap does half of your current health I think. So you'll be spending the majority of the fight with under 30% health. Never really saw a need for heals, seal of light has always been enough for me.
Really helps if you have the npcs up for Raj, they'll cut the fight time in half. When he thunderclaps, he'll likely break off you and attack an npc, so be ready to taunt.

for moam, if your an engineer, the parachute cloak will really help with the explosion, taking off some fall damage, elementals can get annoying, make sure each time he summons them to take them down

Never had an issue with fall damage myself. I always tank him right behind where he stands, where there is a scarab design on the wall, with a protruding border. The border should prevent you from flying too high.
Adds? I like to keep them up for awhile. Their aoe is almost always resisted, and since Moam does a constant mana drain, with them hitting you, you can regenerate a lot of that lost mana.

for ossirian TRASH, FIRE RESIST MY GOD, 221 fire resist was helping me resist 8-11k of the meteor damage, thats the ONLY spell that sucks, just have fire resist gear with you and you can do it, dont try without

Yes, fire resist aura is a must for the adds. Any extra FR gear will also be a big help. Took me awhile to realize it was resist-able.

for ossirian himself, mount up, pull him to the first crystal, as he hits the steps activate it, should hit him with it and stop you from getting big hit, its only 2k damage, so it doesnt matter if you mess up much (usual 400-600 melee's), parachute cloak will once again help with positioning, if you time it right you can float to the next crystal from one crystal (well, atleast near it), renew the debuff once it reaches 15 seconds. Enveloping winds will get taken off everytime its cast on you, dont worry about it

Hardest part of the fight is finding crystals before he goes back to "supreme mode". I usually wait until 8 seconds is left on the debuff myself. Stay out of wandering tornado, it will do 1.5k damage a tick pretty rapidly.

The gold is great, up until this week, I did those same bosses in ZG and AQ every reset. Got the 5,000 gold looted achievement about a week ago.
Tropicana

PreviousNext

Return to General Strats