[H] Ahn'Kahet Daily Quest Timed Event

Strats / Info that doesn't fit in a specific instance

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, guillex

Postby Belloc » Tue Dec 23, 2008 9:34 am

Therigwin wrote:Now if anyone has any suggestions on the last boss, he is a pain in the butt.

I have managed to do it once and I had to just survive the insanity period cause I could not kill anything cause the healers were too well geared.

I don't think gear has anything to do with the last boss' adds. They've always been the same difficulty for me, no matter how my group was geared. They always have about 10k health, if I remember correctly.

What you need to do is hit your healer with a couple of hits and then stun it. Once stunned, you use everything you have and it will go down. The rest of the mobs are incredibly easy. It's all about timing -- if a druid gets off a nourishment, it will be full on health. Hit it with a judgment and a ShoR and THEN stun it. Use the remaining time to HotR, AS, etc. Abuse the double ShoR if you really want to get them down quick :P

If your stun isn't up, then you're going to have trouble. Though, if you can DPS the boss hard enough to get to his next phase without hammer being close, then your DPS should be able to pick up the slack.
Belloc

Postby Adyctia » Wed Dec 24, 2008 3:29 pm

Passionario wrote:
fuzzygeek wrote:You can LoS Insanity around the big round pillars, and the shadow images go pouf upon spawning.

As far as I know, the LoS trick has been hotfixed two weeks ago.

Yeah, last time I did this, we LoSed the Inanity, the shadow images popped up, then despawned, and then we ran back around the pillars to see the boss was nowhere to be found. He respawned a few seconds later with full health.
Adyctia

Postby Kracus » Tue Dec 30, 2008 12:00 pm

Kracus wrote:No, when you are pulling the last bit of mobs around her you have to move to where she is standing. Otherwise the adds that she will sacrifice will aggro you before getting bubbled.

Just think of it as getting locked out of the boss fight, but you don't get to stand around and watch.

Noticed they changed this at some point.
"The sun does not grant anything, it is simply there. And flowers simply bloom. Not for anyone's sake."
I am Warlock
Kracus

Previous

Return to General Strats