Remove Advertisements

Shazzrah - Solo Strat

Strats / Info that doesn't fit in a specific instance

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, guillex

Shazzrah - Solo Strat

Postby Krazy » Tue Dec 23, 2008 3:47 am

Shazzrah - Molten Core

Difficulty: Medium

Spec: Prot (probably easier as ret with better mana return)

The Boss:

Shazzrah has a few abilities that he spams. The ones you are mainly concerned about are:

Shazzrah's Curse: Obviously this is a curse so you just have to live with it, it makes his AE hurt much more.

Arcane Explosion: Hits for about 2500 arcane damage with the curse up. He often spams this several times in a row.

Magic Grounding: This ability reduces the magic damage he takes, effectively lowering your dps, makes the fight take a little longer but not a huge deal.

Counterspell: This is a pain, but fortunately for you he doesn't just randomly spam it. You can wait for it to go off then you have a 10 second or so window you can spam heals.

Positioning:

You will want to tank him here:

http://www.wowhead.com/?maps=2717:444821

Basically behind/to the right of where he stands (right by the lava but not in it ofc). There is a core hound that pats nearby that is pretty much unavoidable. This is actually a good thing because as prot that core hound is going to help make this fight much easier.

I'll be honest with you, this fight is rather healing intensive. As long as you get the core hound with you and keep it up the whole fight (no hammers/consecrates) your mana should be fine. Use a healer weapon to increase spell power but keep prot gear on for more SBV.

Use SoW/Judge light (or wisdom) and keep sacred shield up at all times. The core hound will help with mana but you may need to use Divine Plea when its up to help more.

You will take considerable (2500 or so) damage from the AE spam that will have to be healed. The trick here is to wait for the counter spell and then (and only then) spam some FoL on yourself. For me the fight only got hairy a few times (had to use LoH/mana pot/shield) but that was mainly before I aggroed the core hound...after that it was much easier.

He drops around 40-50g and some T1 gloves/boots (not paladin though). Good Luck!
Krazy

Postby Paloo » Wed Dec 24, 2008 5:32 pm

Thanks for this + sulfuron harbringer guide Krazy, will try downing them using your strats as soon as I respec to prot for another MC visit. :)
Paloo

Re: Shazzrah - Solo Strat

Postby culhag » Tue Jul 07, 2009 4:57 pm

Very easy as ret.
culhag
Maintankadonor

Return to General Strats