help me read a wws

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, guillex

help me read a wws

Postby Bertman » Mon Dec 22, 2008 9:21 am

been raiding naxx10 for 3 weeks now

we're 13/15 atm, strugling at Sapphiron.

Since I'm tanking I don't really see what the rest of the raid is up to.

Our holy priest ran oom pretty soon at the best attempt (third).

Dps seems way lower than usual so I think they are moving (maybe not correctly, but they are moving)

Any pointers? I'm new to leading a raid and never looked at a WWS rapport before.

http://wowwebstats.com/w166hubagvssg

Bert

edit: I'm the paly named Leo - the warrior is my co-tank
Bertman

Postby Falibard » Mon Dec 22, 2008 9:55 am

Well, I can tell you from my experience that at the rate your dps was going your healers were bound to go oom. All of my Sapphiron kills have been in the range of 5-7 minutes. The boss has ~4.5 million health and you guys were at 1.9 mil 6+ minutes in. Based on what I've seen I'd say swap the priest for another dps. While it's true dps will be moving around to avoid blizzard and what not their dps shouldn't have suffered as much as it did.
Falibard

Postby Serelynn » Mon Dec 22, 2008 10:02 am

To put it bluntly, your group's DPS sucks even accounting for moving out of Chill and frost resistance. Your highest DPS, a warlock, fully missed 10.8% of his Shadow Bolts. Sapphiron is a huge drain on healer mana, the boss needs to die quickly!
Serelynn

Postby Eroslight » Mon Dec 22, 2008 10:45 am

So a quick and easy dps fix for umm... all of them is this:
Take all their gem sockets.

Put blue quality +Hit gems in ALmost all of them.
Win.

They seriously should be damn near capped. DWing melee (can't really but alot of hit) and casters can be a few % off (i'm talking sub 4% from cap or less).

Ret Pally: He should EASILY be capped. and may be, can't really tell from WWS, may be 1-2% off of cap.

Hunter: looks close to being capped, Rotation or spec must have been screwed up during saphirron.

Boomkin: No Imp FF up on sarth at all?

Thats just a rough evaluation.

TBH from seeing your patchwerk WWS, i'd attribute it to positioning (running around) first - which can be over come by learning how to dps while moving THEN lack of hit rating/gear, you have decent dps (from patch) as long as they don't have to move.

They shouldn't be taking such a hit from positioning but apparently they are. Work on it with them. Have them spread out to one side of him (we use north half).
Eroslight

Postby Bertman » Tue Dec 23, 2008 1:42 am

Spreading out on one side resulted in the best (last) attempt on Sapph.

Is there a special reason most strategies position one group on the left and the other group on the right of the dragon?

Another thing I noticed is that our Retri paly took a lot of damage.

The safe spot for melee is near the hind legs right?

Thanks guys!
Bertman

Postby majiben » Tue Dec 23, 2008 1:58 am

There's no reason to go on two sides, especially in the 10 man. That's a good way to have people die due to being out of healing range.

The safe spot for melee dps is best described as inside the rear legs graphic.

Our first kill was with 3 healers, 2 ranged dps and myself tanking. We lost the warrior cotank for some reason (didn't get behind a block we think) and the melee dps bit the dust because I turned off RF because I pulled aggro several times at the start and it took a while to reestablish aggro after the tank's death.
Amirya wrote:some bizarre lovechild of Hawking, Einstein, and Theck
majiben

Re: help me read a wws

Postby Adanel » Tue Dec 23, 2008 2:13 am

Bertman wrote:Any pointers? I'm new to leading a raid and never looked at a WWS rapport before.

You did 3 tries at Sapphiron, each try was better than the other. 580k.. 800k... 1.9M, in the last try the ret died too early, judging by dmg it would be almost a kill if he didn't. Just do more tries and the boss will go down.
Adanel

Postby Ashmadai » Tue Dec 23, 2008 10:48 am

I've found that having all dps and healers on one side is superior to trying to split on two sides. The dmg you save not having blizzards hit more people is no help when healers have issues with range. Not to mention, Sapph has a hit box the size of Texas so if you split up there's more chance somebody is going to run towards the front feet and get gibbed.

Also, tell your Resto druid to decurse more. On your best Sapph attempt your DPS druid did 10 decurses and the resto did 2. You need your DPS killing the boss and the resto druid should have no trouble handling all the decurses. It is important to remove that curse though because Sapph gets healed by it.

And as for your Ret Paladin, he needs to be using Seal of Command, not Martyr on this fight. Critting 10k judgements and hitting himself for 3500 on top of the aura and blizzard is just going to get him killed, as evidenced by his early death. =)
Ashmadai

Re: help me read a wws

Postby Bertman » Wed Dec 24, 2008 1:37 am

Adanel wrote:You did 3 tries at Sapphiron

In that run :D I'm not gonne go post stuffs on teh interwebs if we've only tried him 3 times :wink:

It's the hardest fight we've been in, non of us have much raiding experience (Karazhan, ZA 2/6, 6/6 after nerf, nerfed Gruul & Maggies at most)

I *think* one of the factors is that the dps 'n healers aren't used to take constant, unavoidable damage.

/ponder

Anyway, thanks for the pointers guys, once the holydays are over we gonna kick his butt! I'll keep you updated.

Bert
Bertman

Return to T7: Naxx / Maly / Sarth / Archavon