Remove Advertisements

Magmadar solo

Strats / Info that doesn't fit in a specific instance

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, guillex

Magmadar solo

Postby Benafiber » Thu Dec 18, 2008 1:35 pm

I've been bored the past week since I've hit 80, so I've been trying to get TF and just solo random stuff. No preparation, just felt like trying him knowing only that he has a fear and trash near him =P

My stats were 18,574hp, 18.9k armor, 500 defense, 89% avoidance with HS up, and 290 FR with aura on. I used mainly 80 blues, 3 pieces of lvl 70 FR gear, figurine of the colossus and coren's lucky coin.

Had to kill a corehound, the first 2 giants, and the earth elementals behind them to get to him, lucifron and the corehound packs are avoidable if you're careful.

I used seal and judgement of wisdom, sanc, FR aura, and kept sacred shield up as often as possible. Also had to use pallyvate every time it was up and blew loh 3 times.

So basically I pulled him to the right corner and up the little hill. Every time he feared I would either go down and it would expire before I got too close to trash, or into this wierd crack in the wall (sometimes far into it, sometimes just a bit). I used the human racial to break fears when it was up, probably made it easier for me as opposed to another race, and bubbled when I really needed to break a fear and my racial was on cd. For damage i mainly used judgement, auto attacks, holy shield, and ShoR...yes, it was slow :[. I basically left myself floating around 5-9k hp and spammed flash of light every time sacred shield procced, though you'll need to heal without sacred shield procs at times and hope you do more than the unblocked hits.

Now when you go into that stupid crack your los gets messed up, so just focus on healing in here (you can still auto attack and block if you need mana).

loots 8) http://img205.imageshack.us/img205/6444 ... 605ku3.jpg

That's the crack in the wall (Had to jump out to the side, lucky i didn't aggro the dogs :D)http://img296.imageshack.us/img296/9108/wowscrnshot121808133843cu5.jpg

LOS issues :evil: http://img296.imageshack.us/img296/2568 ... 203fw2.jpg

P.S. Disconnected with 6k hp during the fight, idk how I lived

P.S. again: yes, I know my name sucks and my UI is bad to say the least, I'm bad with names and comfy with the ui so idc :P
Benafiber

Postby Tropicana » Thu Dec 18, 2008 3:05 pm

Yea getting feared into that crack really is a pain.
Killed Mag twice so far, 2nd time seemed to take half the time of the first, with mostly the same gear. You learn little tricks each time.

But finally finished my old mains T1 set after 3 years. NS pants never dropped in over a year of running MC.
http://s117.photobucket.com/albums/o65/Stabba0504/TropicanaSolo/?action=view&current=WoWScrnShot_121208_204246.jpg

7 / 10 MC ... Gehennas can blow me.

Can't wait for this patch note to go into effect:
"You no longer need quintessence to summon Majordomo Executus."
Tropicana

Postby Inukshuk » Fri Dec 19, 2008 8:00 am

Tropicana wrote:Can't wait for this patch note to go into effect:

Is that for real?

Further, how does one solo Executus or Sulfuron? There's a ton of healing going on in those fights...do you just outlast it somehow?
Inukshuk

Postby eska » Fri Dec 19, 2008 8:57 am

Further, how does one solo Executus or Sulfuron? There's a ton of healing going on in those fights...do you just outlast it somehow?

for when I killed Sulfuron i just let them beat on me till they ran out of mana and cleansed myself every time they tossed a debuff on me. once they run out of mana they cant do anything else (heal and cast the DoTs on you) so you just kill them all.

a heal for them seems to take 5% of their mana or so but they seem to heal all the time and if they all target one target they will all over heal, then target the next guy and heal him so even though its not that much they seem to all heal once every 10 or so seconds.

this was in fact one of the fastest fights in the instance for me.
eska

Postby Tropicana » Fri Dec 19, 2008 3:44 pm

Inukshuk wrote:
Tropicana wrote:Can't wait for this patch note to go into effect:

Is that for real?

Saw it on mmo-champion. They're also changing the summoning altar in early UBRS from needing 3 people, to 1.

Sulfuron was very very easy.

Sneak around behind him, pull adds. Sulfuron will stay back and do weak ranged attacks. I used shadow resist aura because the adds do a shadow attack, and shadow word pain. As well as immolate, so you'll be cleansing a bit. They all heal at the same time usually, so they all run out of mana at about the same time, after about 5 minutes.

Sulfuron himself is a pretty long fight. Switch to fire resist aura to avoid a little damage from his stun. When he stuns, he'll run and do his ranged attack, just be careful not to get too close to any mobs you may have skipped, or he may run to them.
Tropicana

Postby fuzzygeek » Fri Dec 19, 2008 4:28 pm

Tropicana wrote:They're also changing the summoning altar in early UBRS from needing 3 people, to 1.

Oh? Hooraj. I've been using 3 accounts and have a couple chars parked there just to click the stupid thing.
fuzzygeek
Maintankadonor

Postby phaqueue » Fri Dec 19, 2008 11:22 pm

^^ THIS -

can't wait for this change... that 3 person stone is basically the entire reason I haven't gotten the Jenkins title... just been too lazy to find people to help me summon the boss...

finally able to solo UBRS... should be fun
"Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so." -Douglas Adams
phaqueue

Re: Magmadar solo

Postby sanctifico » Fri Dec 26, 2008 1:29 pm

Benafiber wrote:Now when you go into that stupid crack your los gets messed up, so just focus on healing in here (you can still auto attack and block if you need mana).

Was;t an issue for me, I just bounced and moved a little until I was in LoS.

Did it with the sameish stats as you, didn't go below 20k for most of the fight (23khp)

SoL + JoW Keeping Hs and SS up doing the Occasional ShotR.

Took 23mins30seconds to kill him.
Used LoH once, and Bubble 3times. DP on constant cool down.

3/6 Sunwell Pre-Nerf.
sanctifico

Postby Mick » Tue Jan 06, 2009 4:42 am

My gear is not the same as you guys - fresh 80
http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Blackrock&n=Mick

I was able to kill this guy on my first attempt though. After i killed Lucifron, i took out the 2 core hound packs on the right hand side so i had a clear path. I then grabbed Mag and dragged him along that right hand side all the way back past the entrance to this room. Theres a little cave there which i stay in.

I had to use The human Skill to stop a fear while i was moving him into position as the core hounds are soo close.

This fight for me took forever, with only 19k health and not much avoidance, i was constantly hovering under 7k health the whole fight. This was a real survival juggle of do i need more mana now or more health. Constantly switched seals and judgements depending on what i needed.

I used human racial everytime it was up during fears and saved bubble for the times i needed to re-heal.

Overall this fight took me about 42 minutes.

There were a couple of times i dropped to the 2k mark and i had to recover which i managed - i rekon i can probably do it alot better next time but for a first attempt ever at this boss, i was stoked to down him.

But yeah it was a real juggling act for me - cant really tell you what i did as i had to change all the time based on health/mana issues.

In total i used 2 LoH , Human Racial every chance i got, and a Bubble every 7'ish minutes or so (i saved it for when i really needed it).

Tough fight that will only get easier as i actually get some decent gear :)

Oh forgot to mention, i healed using holy light and taking advantage of the max 1sec push back. Basically after a fear, i would atleast cast 1 holy light if my health was low. I kept up sacred shield as much as i could but still found it easier for me to just use Holy Light to heal.
Mick

Return to General Strats