Remove Advertisements

Soloing Gehennas

Strats / Info that doesn't fit in a specific instance

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, guillex

Soloing Gehennas

Postby eska » Fri Dec 19, 2008 8:22 am

Now I've managed to kill every boss in MC by myself except Gehennas and Shazzra. (if anyone wants tips on how I killed the other ones feel free to ask)

Ive done everything up until this point as raid spec prot (5/56/10) and have read that i should go for a prot/ret build for devine purpose (% chance to have harmful spells miss you) but I dont really want to do that.

my main focus atm though is gehennas.

currently I am at 447SR (+35 Chromatic flask, +130 SR aura) and my original idea was to resist all the curses (75% healing redux) but once I get 2 guards down i just cant seem to kill him. I have a few purification potions for oh shit times as well as bubble to remove the curse but I just dont seem to resist the curse as much as I would like.

during the encounter my best attempted i just tried kiting him back and forth across the room to get out of his Rain of Fire. But i have also tried just running around the giant pillar back up the ramp towards the entrance (2 golems on on side of it 2 golems/fire ele/rock dude on the other) and just kite him in a circle that way.

Im at the point were i dont think this is possible so i am turning to you guys to get some feedback on what I am doing wrong.
eska

Postby Tropicana » Fri Dec 19, 2008 3:48 pm

Haven't attempted Gehennas yet, but saw someone say they killed him. Forgot which thread. As for Shazz, haven't tried as prot, but very easy as ret.

Same spec I use for Geddon, with the few points in holy for Healing Light talent. Weak melee, 1-2k aoe. Never had a problem. Just never wait til you are low on health and try to do a Holy Light. He does a counterspell pretty often and you may be screwed. Instant flash of lights with scared shield was more than enough.

edit: Also, does the curse effect judgement/seal of light? Or is it like the Kurinaxx debuff?
Tropicana

Postby PsiVen » Sun Dec 21, 2008 11:55 am

What exactly is it about Gehennas that hurts the most though? Spam RoF? Shadowbolts? I don't remember the fight too well but I'm sure he melees for next to nothing.

I expect that when I go to solo MC after the water change, I will go with a JotW+AoW+HS spec.
Gladiator Psiven, 90 Tankadin
90 Druid, 90 Mage, 85 Monk, 85 DK, 70 War, 70 Pal, 60 Priest, 60 Lock, 64 Rogue
Longtime addict of Space - Glory Through Conquest
PsiVen

Postby Tropicana » Sun Dec 21, 2008 2:15 pm

Well, I tried yesterday. Was able to get the 2 adds down, but that was about it. Only had 2 pieces of shadow resist gear, chromatic flask, and SR aura.

Shadow bolts definitely hurt me more than the rain of fire. Attempted as a standard prot spec. Going to be waiting for more information on spec/gear before I try it again.
Tropicana

Postby Non » Sun Dec 21, 2008 6:41 pm

PsiVen wrote:What exactly is it about Gehennas that hurts the most though? Spam RoF? Shadowbolts? I don't remember the fight too well but I'm sure he melees for next to nothing.

I expect that when I go to solo MC after the water change, I will go with a JotW+AoW+HS spec.

It's his annoying curse! -75% healing screw all healing outside the bubble.
Non

Postby Karnah » Sun Dec 21, 2008 11:28 pm

I spent a couple of hours doing this in a couple of specs. Originally prot, then ret to AoW/JotW. 410 SR. My basic thoughts are that the curse is so incredibly random despite the huge SR, that its impossible to guess whats going to happen. Sometimes i would get both adds down without getting hit by 1 curse, then he would proceed to start hitting them. Other times, id been hit by curses twice by the time the first add was down and it was already all over.

It appears he instantly tries to reapply it whenever it is removed and you are a valid target for it. End of bubble, upon use of Purification Potion. Sadly, unless im missing something, killing him would be waiting for your lucky stars to line up. Its a shame, I was all hyped up to get him down, but my stars certainly did not line up this time!
Karnah

Postby PsiVen » Mon Dec 22, 2008 5:30 pm

So he just spams shadowbolt that you need to be able to heal through?
Gladiator Psiven, 90 Tankadin
90 Druid, 90 Mage, 85 Monk, 85 DK, 70 War, 70 Pal, 60 Priest, 60 Lock, 64 Rogue
Longtime addict of Space - Glory Through Conquest
PsiVen

Postby Cearn » Mon Dec 22, 2008 6:16 pm

PsiVen wrote:So he just spams shadowbolt that you need to be able to heal through?

With a -75% healing debuff, yes. So basically it's healing four bosses spamming shadow bolts.
I thought about speccing PoH for Gehennas, but the CD seems to be near to zero.
Cearn

Return to General Strats