Durable Nerubhide Cloak

Get help with your character's gear

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, majiben, lythac, Digren

Durable Nerubhide Cloak

Postby phaqueue » Thu Dec 18, 2008 10:39 pm

Just picked this up a little while back - because I was able to get to defense min without the defense to cloak... so I wanted to get the extra avoidance...

Then came the conundrum of what to enchant it with...

Currently I have 16 def on it - but I'm wondering if there's anything better... tried browsing the enchants thread... saw the armor listed about 16 def - I"m just wondering what people think is the best enchant for this cloak...

thanks!
"Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so." -Douglas Adams
phaqueue

Postby Macktruck » Fri Dec 19, 2008 12:57 am

There is 225 armor to cloak as an arguable equivalent.

However, basic rule of thumb is to enchant for defense when applicable and gem for stam.

In gems, stam is always 150% vs defense. 8 def / 12 stam. 16 def vs 24 stam. So for something like bracers, 12 def > 12 stam. For cloak, there is dodge, armor, and defense. You'll find that pretty much the majority of tanks go for the 16 def.
Macktruck

Postby phaqueue » Fri Dec 19, 2008 1:55 am

This is just what I was looking for - thanks!

just that I usually try to enchant to strengths... and it felt weird enchanting defense on an item with none on it already...

makes more sense when there is nothing better tho - thanks!
"Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so." -Douglas Adams
phaqueue

Postby lythac » Fri Dec 19, 2008 4:11 am

I seem to remember reading somewhere that +22agi will give more avoidance than the +16def although +16def gives more avoidance+block.

If you're block capped - 225armor or 22agi
If you're not block capped - 16def
If you need def minimum - 16def
Ryshad / Lythac of <Heretic> Nagrand-EU
lythac

Postby daemonym » Fri Dec 19, 2008 10:06 am

Lythac wrote:I seem to remember reading somewhere that +22agi will give more avoidance than the +16def although +16def gives more avoidance+block.

If you're block capped - 225armor or 22agi
If you're not block capped - 16def
If you need def minimum - 16def

my plan exactly. when i asked in guild if anybody could make it i got 'lawl worry about defense before that pos' so i said basically lawl l2gear. 16 def in the mean time, once you get a few naxx drops, put the armor on it assuming still uncrit.
Again. What grim vision this? Blood stained tomb, beer cans, and piss. This. Is no life...for a god.

Stokpile/Zurathustra of Ysera-US, Horde
Makin the WoW gold blog http://theahpile.blogspot.com/
I have 2 million gold. http://theahpile.blogspot.com/2011/05/i-have-2-million-gold.html
Total as of 5-3-11: 2,064,000g
daemonym

Postby phaqueue » Sat Dec 20, 2008 4:07 am

seems like a plan to me... I'm gunna do a little playing around with the gems and such in my gear to see if I can't squeeze out a little more stam/avoidance... also gunna have to make some changes when I craft my Titanium Earthguard Ring...

haven't been able to find the armor kit/enchant yet... it is an enchanting pattern correct?
(at work and can't double check wowhead)
phaqueue

Return to Gear Discussions and Advice