Magtheridon @ 80

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Magtheridon @ 80

Postby Questioner » Fri Dec 19, 2008 9:27 am

Last night we were in Outland helping a couple DKs finish the ogrila questline and decided to do Magtheridon.

Group was:
Prot Warrior
Ret pally
Fury Warrior
Frost DK
Warlock
Shadow Priest
Tree Druid

We weren't exactly going for optimization, just who was around, but I gotta say it seemed to work pretty well and was a lot of fun. To me, it felt how a heroic should feel.

I tanked (as ret with 2H) the first channeler, fury warriors went second, DKs next, and the prot warriors last. We still had one channeler up when Mag unbanished.

Everyone but the tank and healer clicked cubes. I picked the furthest melee one due to PoJ. Everyone used healthstones after the ceiling drop. The most intense and exciting part was definitely when the elementals were running around, but everyone said it was a fun fight with 7.

It just so happened I still had the quest from just before patch 3.0.2 and ended up getting the feat of strength and the title!

I think it could be possible with less, so let me know if you try it.
<3 Tankadin at Heart.

Not necessarily accurate: Armory
Questioner

Re: Magtheridon @ 80

Postby Colin » Sun Mar 29, 2009 5:21 am

In theory, the pyroblast would be healable, so all you really need is enough DPS to deal with the channelers. I'm guessing you could manage a 5-man on it.
Why do I care? I'm a goat!
Colin

Postby Salamandra » Sun Mar 29, 2009 3:29 pm

I wasn't in the group, but I know some people that 5-manned it.
Salamandra

Postby Non » Tue Mar 31, 2009 1:34 pm

I have done it with 4

Offtank everything and healer can outheal the Blastnova. Don't need to kill the channelers.
**"It's no secret that any correspondence between what Non says and the truth is purely coincidental"
Non

Postby Rhiannon » Wed Apr 08, 2009 5:53 pm

Done it with three a while ago, same deal. Didn't bother trying to kill channelers, holy paly just outhealed it (meleed with SoW/JoW + replenishment -> never ran out of mana). Hunter was DPS.
Rhiannon

Postby UMIO » Wed Jun 03, 2009 4:12 pm

how'd you get the title? i thought they were all removed with 3.0
UMIO

Postby Invisusira » Wed Jun 03, 2009 4:13 pm

If you had started the quest before the patch, you could still complete it and get the title.
Invisusira

Postby Faro » Wed Jun 03, 2009 9:57 pm

Rhiannon wrote:Done it with three a while ago, same deal. Didn't bother trying to kill channelers, holy paly just outhealed it (meleed with SoW/JoW + replenishment -> never ran out of mana). Hunter was DPS.

Same. DK, resto shaman. Switched to FR aura during the blast wave. Good moneys :).
"Safiyas, if you don't stop screwing up I'm going to replace you with someone that has a Y chromosome." -Laethalas
Nikachelle on the Jewelcrafting Nerf- "Called my boyfriend up and told him. Think I ruined his day. :s"
Faro

Postby forerx » Mon Aug 24, 2009 7:49 am

I picked the furthest melee one due to PoJ. Everyone used healthstones after the ceiling drop.
forerx

Postby Salamandra » Fri Sep 25, 2009 9:16 pm

Now that I think about it, I remember once in a pug (at level 70) when I was on my shsman or something, when everyone except Feral Druid and a Resto Druid died. They must have survived for 10 minutes with just the two of them and only died because we told them to.
Salamandra

Return to High King / Gruul / Mag