[H] Gundrak first boss.

Strats / Info that doesn't fit in a specific instance

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, guillex

Postby Kizzer » Tue Dec 16, 2008 9:46 am

Hint: bring DPS that can pull their weight.

After jumping through every conceivable hoop there is to jump through, we just did it the old fashioned way:

Feral tank
me as Blood DK
Fury Warrior
Lock (demo?)
Holy Priest

Tank him where he stands. Pop every conceivable cooldown you have. When snakes come, I laid down a DnD, tank AoE taunted and swiped x9000, etc. You can smash through his poison nova cast and seal a kill if it gets that far.
Kizzer

my "trick"

Postby PedroTacowalker » Thu Dec 18, 2008 2:43 pm

Go to the instance, clear the trash, skip the snake boss and go to the next boss, the stone giant dude. After he is dead, tank and healer go back to the snake boss room, all dps stay in the stone boss room. AS the boss and run back to the room w/ dps, 1/3 the way turn around so you don't get crit and kite him to the dps. Once in the other room, the wrapping snakes will not come for you and you will only get the larger adds. I usually have a plate DPS take the adds and I just keep the boss on me in the middle of the room. Easy tank&spank this method. Be aware when you go back to hit the switch for the last boss the snakes will still be there, however they are easy to kill by this point. Exploit maybe, but it saves me many headaches (especially w/ PUG's) and I have my epic gloves now.
PedroTacowalker

Re: my "trick"

Postby Yinramu » Thu Dec 18, 2008 9:16 pm

PedroTacowalker wrote:Go to the instance, clear the trash, skip the snake boss and go to the next boss, the stone giant dude. After he is dead, tank and healer go back to the snake boss room, all dps stay in the stone boss room. AS the boss and run back to the room w/ dps, 1/3 the way turn around so you don't get crit and kite him to the dps. Once in the other room, the wrapping snakes will not come for you and you will only get the larger adds. I usually have a plate DPS take the adds and I just keep the boss on me in the middle of the room. Easy tank&spank this method. Be aware when you go back to hit the switch for the last boss the snakes will still be there, however they are easy to kill by this point. Exploit maybe, but it saves me many headaches (especially w/ PUG's) and I have my epic gloves now.

I use almost this strat, but with one addition, I tank him the doorframe just entering the second bosses room - this allows you to easily LOS of the Poison Nova as well. Only the non-wrapping snakes will come.
Yinramu

Postby phaqueue » Fri Dec 19, 2008 3:13 am

Honestly - the only time I had a problem with this fight was when we brought 2/3 melee - but that was only because the warrior was putting out a measly 800-1k DPS... replaced the scrub warrior with a decent rogue... boss dropped like a rock...

really not that hard of a fight... keep consecrate down - have everyone using their AOE abilities... if needed - have people focus on snakes...
"Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so." -Douglas Adams
phaqueue

Previous

Return to General Strats