[25] Patchwerk Placement

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, guillex

Postby PsiVen » Thu Dec 18, 2008 11:21 am

Fridmarr wrote:
Rozenwyn wrote:is it highest max hp or highest current hp?

example: OT #1 and 2 have 32k max hp, but 18k current hp.
rogue has 22k max hp and is missing nothing.
will rogue get hit?

Your rogue will get hit, it's current HP. That's why you have to top them off fast.

It's current HP, yes.

But it also depends on threat. The only valid hateful targets are the top X in range who are not the tank. I'm not sure what X is, probably 3 in 25-man. If the rogue with 22k health is not one of the highest melee on threat, he will Hateful a tank and kill them.

If you have issues with melee getting Hateful in the first 40 seconds, it's probably because they weren't watching their threat. The tanks need to get primed with Hateful threat before DPS can go nuts.
Gladiator Psiven, Retired Tankadin
WoW-sober since March 2014
Longtime addict of Space - Glory Through Conquest
PsiVen

Postby Aurelie » Thu Dec 18, 2008 11:22 am

DeadMilliken wrote:Hateful "SHOULD" be absorbable via pally bubble as the mechanic functions this on other like fights with simular mechanics. I have not yet been crazy enough to try it when hateful tanking.

I accidentally bubbled on 10 man (I was going for Avenging Wrath...) and got our rogue killed. I doubt this is the case. =/
Aurelie
Maintankadonor

Postby Falibard » Thu Dec 18, 2008 12:04 pm

Aurelie wrote:
DeadMilliken wrote:Hateful "SHOULD" be absorbable via pally bubble as the mechanic functions this on other like fights with simular mechanics. I have not yet been crazy enough to try it when hateful tanking.

I accidentally bubbled on 10 man (I was going for Avenging Wrath...) and got our rogue killed. I doubt this is the case. =/

Hand of Protection does not work either. Having another pally in the raid use BoSac is a good idea though.
Falibard

Postby Samilyn » Thu Dec 18, 2008 8:42 pm

Fridmarr wrote:

will rogue get hit?

Your rogue will get hit, it's current HP. That's why you have to top them off fast.

I was under the impression from this thread and others that one of the OT"s will get hit in that situation, and not the rogue. AFAIK the reason for topping off your tanks is that one of them IS going to take the next hatefull, even if they all have 2000 HP.
Samilyn

Postby degre » Fri Dec 19, 2008 1:38 am

Samilyn wrote:
Fridmarr wrote:

will rogue get hit?

I was under the impression from this thread and others that one of the OT"s will get hit in that situation, and not the rogue. AFAIK the reason for topping off your tanks is that one of them IS going to take the next hatefull, even if they all have 2000 HP.

PsiVen answered already clarifying this, clearly specifing that are only the top 3 targets affected; if your rogues is 4th in aggro he has no issues.
On EU-Kadghar: Degre | Beldegre | Degrotto | Koshien | Sousuke
degre

Postby Fahsky » Fri Dec 19, 2008 4:34 am

I heard a trick from a guildie on this, where you have the melee dps dip into the acid goo river to take the 50% hit on their HP, then stay unhealed to avoid getting hatefuls. You still need to stay below the MTs aggro though, so how exactly this helps, I haven't puzzled out.
Fahsky

Postby degre » Fri Dec 19, 2008 4:56 am

Fahsky wrote:I heard a trick from a guildie on this, where you have the melee dps dip into the acid goo river to take the 50% hit on their HP, then stay unhealed to avoid getting hatefuls. You still need to stay below the MTs aggro though, so how exactly this helps, I haven't puzzled out.

It doesn't.

If your melee dps stay under the 3 soaker's aggro there are no other measures required, not to mention that if the they pass the aggro and enter the top 3 they will die no matter what, cause after the OT has taken his hatefull they will get gibbed.
On EU-Kadghar: Degre | Beldegre | Degrotto | Koshien | Sousuke
degre

Previous

Return to T7: Naxx / Maly / Sarth / Archavon