Remove Advertisements

[10] DPS and healer minimums

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, guillex

[10] DPS and healer minimums

Postby Petronius » Wed Dec 17, 2008 3:56 pm

My guild is getting to the point of having enough level 80 toons for Naxxramas. Having said that, I'm concerned given the comments here about having folks have the right gear for heading in there.

Tanking minimums for Shield wearers are fairly well established. I've not seen a lot of information for tanking minimum for our non-shield brethren.

Also, I've seen a lot of noise here, but nothing really firm on minimum for dps and for healer classes.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.
Petronius

Postby Jobah » Wed Dec 17, 2008 4:12 pm

DPS, i would say dont bring anyone who cant do over 1500 dps in heroics. Only exception i would make would be a shaman, just cuz they bring so much utility to raids.

Tanks, def capped obviously.

Healers:

1500 spell power is a good number to aim for. My guild 2 heals this place with healers at 1600//1700 spell power. Only fights that can get kinda tricky are loatheb//4 horse. We have a shadow priest who helps heal for those fights though, since PoH tops entire parties off during loatheb it works out really well.
Jobah

Postby masterpoobaa » Wed Dec 17, 2008 5:37 pm

I would like to know this too.
There doesnt seem to be any hard and fast numbers...

From what ive seen you would want
- tanks with 22k+ hp,20k+ armour, and 30%+ dodge/parry/block and of course 540 def.
- Healers with 1500+ heals and 15k mana pools with corresponding mana regen.
- DPS able to do at least 1700+
Ellifain @ Khaz'Goroth does not approve of torture, save where there's experience/rep/loot involved.
masterpoobaa

Location: Brisbane, Australia, Earth, Sol, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Universe.

Postby Spectrum » Wed Dec 17, 2008 6:14 pm

For starting Naxx there are a lot of fights that don't really require much gear, and more require knowledge, awareness, and communication.

For example, the first two bosses of the Arachnid and Military Quarters, and the first boss of the Plague Quarter are all mostly based on timing and fight knowledge. The gear dependency is low.

Really, if your healers can handle heroics with an entry-level tank and your DPS can put out > 1500 DPS in heroics, then you can start clearing out a few bosses in Naxx.
Spectrum
Maintankadonor

Postby Jobah » Thu Dec 18, 2008 5:02 pm

this place is on par with the difficulty of kara (forget the badge runs, im talking about when you did it in blues)
Jobah

Postby Unholly » Thu Dec 18, 2008 7:28 pm

Main difference i see is the dps is far more important in nax than it was in BC. Ofc good dps makes things easier, but bad dps may well wipe you here, even on early simple fights. Make sure your dps put effort into their gear/enchants/patches (as tanks do) and you're in a good place.
Keeping an eye on recount and waking people up who are asleep is good too ;)
Unholly

Postby degre » Fri Dec 19, 2008 1:42 am

Spectrum wrote:For starting Naxx there are a lot of fights that don't really require much gear, and more require knowledge, awareness, and communication.

^^ This is the key.

Just form your raid and know the bosses, choose a nice path where, even with a suboptimal raid, is possible to overcome all by simply acting well.

Heigan for an instance, in 10men I was able to to bring him down of a good 12/13% just me and a healer. Took time.
On EU-Kadghar: Degre | Beldegre | Degrotto | Koshien
degre

Return to T7: Naxx / Maly / Sarth / Archavon