Remove Advertisements

[H] Ahn'Kahet Need Help!

Strats / Info that doesn't fit in a specific instance

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, guillex

Postby SmurfZG » Tue Dec 02, 2008 3:16 pm

The times I've done it all dps dies on first insanity, healer survives his, I nuke mine down and help the healer. We proceed to two-man the rest of the boss and insanities.
SmurfZG

Postby Mindrak » Tue Dec 02, 2008 6:10 pm

I found insanity far easier than the trash usually. The key is running with at least one solid DPS that can finish his adds then come help you drop the healer (if you can't, I've only managed to kill the druid once or twice).

Of all the times I've run it, I've only had 1 death during insanity (bracers still haven't dropped). Generally the healer kites around until mine are dead, when mine are dead I taunt adds off him.

This one definately gets easier with gear, I can burst down a resto shaman pretty fast now.
Mindrak

Postby guillex » Tue Dec 02, 2008 7:26 pm

Mindrak wrote:I found insanity far easier than the trash usually. The key is running with at least one solid DPS that can finish his adds then come help you drop the healer (if you can't, I've only managed to kill the druid once or twice).

Of all the times I've run it, I've only had 1 death during insanity (bracers still haven't dropped). Generally the healer kites around until mine are dead, when mine are dead I taunt adds off him.

This one definately gets easier with gear, I can burst down a resto shaman pretty fast now.

Tree healers aren't that difficult to take out during insanity... Just go nuts, then when your CDs are coming up, HoJ, and proceed to kill.

You may want to try tanking him near one of the pillars in the room, and LoS the cast ... I read in modus' thread that this was the way to get his achievement on heroic, so I'm wondering if it won't work on normal, also.
Póg mo thóin
guillex

Postby Brudar » Wed Dec 17, 2008 12:42 pm

Just completed this instance I wont be going back there for awhile. lol
Before:

After:
Brudar

Postby Tiranknight » Wed Dec 17, 2008 1:01 pm

Yeah Ahn'Kahet makes me cry... a ton of magical damage in that place from the trash combined with some frustrating Bosses if your DPS aren't on the top of their games.
Tiranknight

Postby phaqueue » Wed Dec 17, 2008 11:09 pm

Definitely had a problem with the insanity with healers as a tankadin... the trick seems to be AOE damage... the healers seem to not be able to keep up well - if you have ranged and don't seem to LOS the insanity... make sure you can LOS the casters - get them close... then just use consc, hammer and shield the healer... he won't be able to keep up...

takes a little bit - but they will eventually drop - HoJ works wonders here too
"Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so." -Douglas Adams
phaqueue

Previous

Return to General Strats