[10] Archavon Raid Setup

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, guillex

[10] Archavon Raid Setup

Postby maurok » Wed Dec 17, 2008 10:03 am

Sadly my guild is in a VERY slow pace, and only this week we are getting more than 10 ppl at lvl 80... actually we´ll have about 14 ppl on the weekend. so I will lead a team to naxx or archavon... for what I read here and pugged the last 2 weeks, I guess archavon is easier then any other boss in naxx.

We have for this encounter
- fairly good tank, I guess ( me )
- an ok warrior for 2nd tank (23k health, 21k armor)
- one good healer (1700 bh drood)
- 1 great dps (a hunter, 2000+ dps)
- 2 nice dpsers (1500+ dps),

the other 4 slots would be filled with kinda fresh 80 ppl... what should I take? 3 dpsers and 1 healer, or 2 dpsers and 2 healer?

Is 3 healers necessary for it?

how much raid the dps do we need to take him down?

ty =D
maurok

Postby Ewige » Wed Dec 17, 2008 10:21 am

Any raid comp will do, he's a pushover. I did this on 10/25s with pugs from the area and it's been just fine once you tell people to run from the clouds, don't run from the spikes. OT has to taunt when MT gets picked up and you can just taunt him right back after he throws you if OT is undergeared.

[edit] Oh yeah, 3 Healers might be too much, depends on how fast your DPS can kill him. I've heard he has an enrage timer so adding more healers doesn't help if DPS is slow. Go by feel.
Eiv - Fliegende Kinderscheiße!
Ewige

Postby Splug » Wed Dec 17, 2008 10:59 am

You need two people capable of tanking him, probably two healers, and the rest you can fill with whatever. We did him last night with a (vastly overgeared) group last night, and had a fury warrior as the only other tank. I don't think he even bothered to put a shield on - by the time he stunned us once Archavon was already at 25% health or so, and the healers were complaining about how bored they were.

-Splug
Active raid character: http://www.wowarmory.com/character-shee ... an&n=Spyte
255 characters is not enough to fit my alts' armories in.
Splug
Maintankadonor

Postby Tribune » Thu Dec 18, 2008 1:02 am

We did a guild run last week where we grabbed those who were around. Ended up we had 3 healers because that was who was around. That combined with some fresh 80's for dps meant we could not beat the enrage timer. We had a mage log in so I gave him my spot (I was healing) and down went the boss.

My advice - 2 healers max unless your dps is over geared for him. I have healed a 25-man pug for it with just 3 healers, ok one of them was throwing out some amazing healing numbers (not me) but still healing is not generally the weak spot on raid make up for this guy.
Tribune

Postby Shoju » Thu Dec 18, 2008 12:53 pm

My guild did this with the following setup:

1 tank
1 warrior with macro to equip shield + def stance
1 tree healer
me healing as ret in holy gear
6 more DPS.

We did this before any of us had run heroics or had much 80 gear. It was a joke. We took it slow the first time around, and wiped when he enraged, but we were really just checking out the fight at that point (checking abilites, need for healing, etc....)

When we went back in, it was a one shot. No problems, no complaints, just dead. You could even have a druid who is cat for the fight switch to DB for the change, and taunt right back. The need for a second tank is really trivial.
Shoju

Postby Ashmadai » Tue Dec 23, 2008 10:50 am

This guy is an ultra joke. I had never even fought him until last night. We killed Malygos early in our raid time and Naxx and OS were already clear, so we go to do this guy on 10 man. I was the only tank so we had the Ret paladin(in ret gear/spec) taunt him and get healed when I got eaten. Other than that, it felt like fighting a trash mob with 2 million HP.
Ashmadai

Return to T7: Naxx / Maly / Sarth / Archavon