Remove Advertisements

Sapphiron

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, guillex

Postby Diocaska » Tue Dec 09, 2008 3:22 am

Worldie wrote:Judgement of Light on Sapphiron with Righteous fury on = WRONG if you arent tanking.

Fixed ;)

We had a pally the other night pull aggro on him. I was loldpsing and got cleaved :<

Its still seems possible to judge it, and very easy to keep 2nd on threat incase something happens to the tank >.>, (which has happened to us).
Aurellia(90) Ulshala(85) Diocaska(85) Leighesha(85)
Diocaska

Postby knaughty » Tue Dec 09, 2008 4:18 am

Worldie wrote:Judgement of Light on Sapphiron = WRONG if you arent tanking.

This.

Diocaska wrote:
Worldie wrote:Judgement of Light on Sapphiron with Righteous fury on = WRONG if you arent tanking.

Fixed ;)

Not correct, it still does too much threat. RF off, JoL is 2,000 TPS sustained and will peak at 3-4k if DPS stand in a damn blizzard. Add in 1.5k personal DPS as Prot spec, and you're going to risk peeling even with RF turned off. I guess the warrior could Vigilance you, and you chain salv yourself... but you may as well just tank.

Our CoH priests at Sapph-25 do roughly a million healing, twice as much as any other healing spec.

JoL did a million healing for me (#2 healer)

http://wowwebstats.com/1heppgims6pos?s=349352-408958

You REALLY want JoL up. It is literally as good as having another CoH priest in-raid.

With JoL up, and RF off, you're still going to do over 3,500 TPS. JoL is 2k on it's own, with RF OFF.

RF up = over 5k TPS from JoL.

At one point our prot warrior got somewhat pissed because I was doing 11k TPS.
This isn't the "Offtankadin" forum. My MoP FAQ: http://tinyurl.com/FAQ-5-0
- Knaughty.
knaughty
Maintankadonor

Location: Sydney, plotting my next diatribe against the forces of ignorance!

Postby Cowadin » Tue Dec 09, 2008 5:12 am

yea -- due to JoL (and the benefits provided to helping out healing, not just the imba threat we get from it) ill be MT'ing saph this week.

the warrior wasn't too happy about it, but o well. i look forward to many OVER 9000 comments while tanking him down =)

-cow

Tankadin. Pew Pew.
Cowadin

Postby Maihes » Mon Dec 15, 2008 4:10 pm

Had to make this for my PuG 25m that I run. Hope this helps if anyone questioned placement.[/img]
Maihes

Postby daemonym » Tue Dec 16, 2008 1:14 pm

in the event of a blizzard wandering over the MT, should they try n run away or just suck it up?
Again. What grim vision this? Blood stained tomb, beer cans, and piss. This. Is no life...for a god.

Stokpile/Zurathustra of Ysera-US, Horde
Makin the WoW gold blog http://theahpile.blogspot.com/
I have 2 million gold. http://theahpile.blogspot.com/2011/05/i-have-2-million-gold.html
Total as of 5-3-11: 2,064,000g
daemonym

Postby Ewige » Tue Dec 16, 2008 2:47 pm

Eat it.

[Edit] Compared to possible insta-gibbage the melee might take due to repositioning is worth not moving.
Eiv - Fliegende Kinderscheiße!
Ewige

Postby knaughty » Tue Dec 16, 2008 3:15 pm

daemonym wrote:in the event of a blizzard wandering over the MT, should they try n run away or just suck it up?

Huge hitbox is huge.

You can adjust forwards and backwards 5-10 yards without Sapph moving. If that's enough to dodge Blizzard, do it. If not, don't move further. Blizzard damage is tiny compared to Sapph.
- Knaughty.
knaughty
Maintankadonor

Postby Diocaska » Fri Dec 19, 2008 10:56 am

Knaughty wrote:
Worldie wrote:Judgement of Light on Sapphiron = WRONG if you arent tanking.

This.

Diocaska wrote:

Fixed ;)

Not correct, it still does too much threat. RF off, JoL is 2,000 TPS sustained and will peak at 3-4k if DPS stand in a damn blizzard. Add in 1.5k personal DPS as Prot spec, and you're going to risk peeling even with RF turned off. I guess the warrior could Vigilance you, and you chain salv yourself... but you may as well just tank.

Our CoH priests at Sapph-25 do roughly a million healing, twice as much as any other healing spec.

JoL did a million healing for me (#2 healer)

http://wowwebstats.com/1heppgims6pos?s=349352-408958

You REALLY want JoL up. It is literally as good as having another CoH priest in-raid.

With JoL up, and RF off, you're still going to do over 3,500 TPS. JoL is 2k on it's own, with RF OFF.

RF up = over 5k TPS from JoL.

At one point our prot warrior got somewhat pissed because I was doing 11k TPS.

Granted, we're better off just tanking the encounter, but backing off a little on dps is surely worth having additional healing of a CoH priest?

Not been able to maintain a full rotation without getting too close on threat, but cutting a spell or two out the rotation for a fuckton of healing seems like a valid choice imo.
Diocaska

Postby Maelstrom » Fri Dec 19, 2008 1:50 pm

daemonym wrote:in the event of a blizzard wandering over the MT, should they try n run away or just suck it up?

Vent -> "Blizzard on me, healers watch me for a few secs please"

Communication is 10 times better than any cooldown, except possibly when you first ding 70 and go "LOL I HAVE WINGS" <3.
Maelstrom

Postby Xiphias » Fri Dec 19, 2008 7:15 pm

enbee wrote:
Chunes wrote:
Now if you're using anything other than a pally as MT they should be dpsing and you should be tanking

Fix'd

Fixed more :D
Xiphias

Postby Conaan! » Fri Dec 19, 2008 11:06 pm

Maihes wrote:Image

Had to make this for my PuG 25m that I run. Hope this helps if anyone questioned placement.[/img]

lawl, thats great man
Lore wrote:JEAPORDY: CREEPY BASEMENT EDITION
Conaan!

Postby knaughty » Sun Dec 21, 2008 5:08 pm

Diocaska wrote:Granted, we're better off just tanking the encounter, but backing off a little on dps is surely worth having additional healing of a CoH priest?

Not been able to maintain a full rotation without getting too close on threat, but cutting a spell or two out the rotation for a fuckton of healing seems like a valid choice imo.

If for some reason you're:
• Prot spec at Sapphiron.
• Utterly incapable of tanking

Then yes, stand at 10 yards, Judge Light.

That said, it's all fixed in 3.0.8 anyway.
- Knaughty.
knaughty
Maintankadonor

Postby Diocaska » Mon Dec 22, 2008 8:32 am

Knaughty wrote:
Diocaska wrote:Granted, we're better off just tanking the encounter, but backing off a little on dps is surely worth having additional healing of a CoH priest?

If for some reason you're:
• Prot spec at Sapphiron.
• Utterly incapable of tanking

Then yes, stand at 10 yards, Judge Light.

That said, it's all fixed in 3.0.8 anyway.

Sometimes we like other people to get a chance at tanking bosses, after all this content, bar Sarth with multiple drakes, is very near trivial half the time for people who were clearing Sunwell in TBC. I'm just making the point that you're not totally buttfucked by judging light on this boss even when not tanking, as long as Righteous fury isn't active, and you don't judge it and Gung-ho.

Sure we've both estabilished that its better to use a prot pally on this fight, thats a no-brainer. Just stating the point its possible to keep it up, do okayish dps, and help out the healers even when you're not tanking.

Edit: Checked the WWS, my dps was pretty shit trying to keep behind the tank, the healing outhealed a holy pally but was about 50% of the priests healing. But still, instead of swapping someone out, which isn't required as the fight is far from difficult, and letting another tank have fun on him, but that argument is going OT.

It is possible, but yeah, you gimp your dps to out heal holy pallies.

WWS: http://wowwebstats.com/evfqhi6ynkrje?s=1006-57430
Diocaska

Postby Strom » Mon Dec 22, 2008 11:43 am

Why turn him toward the door to KT?
Strom

Postby Ewige » Mon Dec 22, 2008 12:49 pm

Probably easier to position him properly during the pull due to huge f'n frontal cleave (relying on one man to position the boss as opposed to relying on n+1 to position around the boss).

No other reason, really, you can have him turned to any position, afaik.
Eiv - Fliegende Kinderscheiße!
Ewige

PreviousNext

Return to T7: Naxx / Maly / Sarth / Archavon