Remove Advertisements

Taunt help

All things /script related

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, _Chloe

Taunt help

Postby Pane » Mon Dec 15, 2008 11:38 pm

Hiya,

I had a weird event the other day, which led to fail. And I need a solution.

I was trying to taunt the water elemental in VH off my healer, but just before I hit the button he (or she??) looked at me, so the taunt kinda stayed on my mouse. Then he/she really DID go after my healer, and no matter how I spammed my taunt, nothing happened. Needless to say the priest was one-shotted and wiping ensued.

Now I'm guessing a /stopcasting line in a macro would allow me to spam the key without 'jamming' it like this. Is this so? and if so, how exactly would it look?
Pane

Postby Karnadas » Tue Dec 16, 2008 1:52 am

i just have auto-self cast on, and whenever the mob is targeting me and i hit righteous defense, it doesn't do anything. however if the mob changes direction, it works just fine. i guess you could also press escape to cancel the spell (thus getting rid of the "stayed on my mouse" part of this) and then hit it again.
Karnadas

Postby Gamingdevil » Tue Dec 16, 2008 6:47 am

For me it cancels trying to cast the spell if you hit it again while it's on your mouse, so 2 extra pushes should do (one to cancel, one to actually taunt) If you're using the default ability, that's what it should be doing. Maybe it bugged for you.
If it is weak, kill it before it gets stronger. If it is strong, weaken it.
Gamingdevil

Postby Pane » Tue Dec 16, 2008 10:57 pm

Hm ok thanks for the replies. I haven't messed with it so I guess it was bugging or "strange things" happened.
Pane

Return to Add-ons, UI, and Macros