[10] Malygos Requirements

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, guillex

[10] Malygos Requirements

Postby Precio » Fri Dec 12, 2008 5:12 pm

Requirements for Malygos:
Tanks: I (a Paladin, Keep that in mind) was at ~25k HP, 23.5k Armor. 22% dodge, 16% parry, 16% block and 1000 Block Value. These are unbuffed values.
Healers: 1600 Heals Average (So try to have a sum of 4800 heals for 3 healers combined), ~200 mp5 shaman, ~ 600 Spirit Druid/Priest, Any pally really.
DPS: Getting to phase 2 with 6 minutes left is enough to beat the enrage. Which is ~15k Raid DPS. This means that before sparks/bloodlust, the DPS requirement should be ~1800-2000. Depending on the skill of the dpsers/raid. If it can be guaranteed that the raid will always be in a spark, then 1800x1.5= 2300 DPS which can be the MINIMUM during the fight.
Vortex - does 2000 damage every second for 10 seconds and once you hit the ground, you take 10% fall damage. Raid Buffed HP just above 22,000 will keep anybody alive through the Vortex without any heals (i fully healed before it). But the healers should easily be able to keep everyone alive as long as their hp isn't below 14k unbuffed.

I'd say those should be the approximate mins. That is just my opinion. The tanks and healers could be a little more less depending on whether you have stronger healers or tanks. The DPS, however, that is the minimum. 1800 DPS (raid buffed) on a single target before Malygos's Sparks, and before the bloodlust is counted in.

That is all.
Last edited by Precio on Fri Dec 19, 2008 4:32 pm, edited 5 times in total.
12/14 Ulduar10 - 8/14 Ulduar25
Precio

Re: [10] Malygos Requirements

Postby Fridmarr » Fri Dec 12, 2008 5:18 pm

Precio wrote:Requirements for Malygos:
Tanks: ??
Healers: ??
DPS: ??
Buffed HP required to survive one full [insert name for the thing that throws you around while damaging everybody]:

What do you think?

I had ~ 48% avoidance, 23.3k armor and 24.4k hp unbuffed our 1st attempt, and I didn't seem to be taking more damage than I should have been.

Healing was lacking, we had a 1600 druid and priest, and a 1300 shaman. People were dying on the [insert name for the thing that throws you around while damaging everybody] ffs.

DPS was omgomg bad. The average dps was like 1.1k, and we got to phase 2 with 3 minutes left...I told them the necessity of the electric area after the adds die, but I didn't stress the importance of it enough.

I'd just like some replies. I'll edit in the spots that need it.

Well DPS is also a strategy issue in phase 1. You want to be getting the spark buffs for your DPS and you definitely don't want Malygos getting them. For your first kill you may want to use 3 healers, and keep in mind only instant cast heals can be used during the vortex. It doesn't sound like you are undergeared, to the point it can't be done or anything, but obviously, more health, armor, and avoidance will help.

To answer your question more directly

Tanks = 1
Healers = 3
DPS = 6
Buffed HP for non tanks, I have no idea.
Fridmarr
Global Mod

Postby Precio » Fri Dec 12, 2008 5:28 pm

By requirements I mean...

ex) Tanks: 25k ub, 24k ub, 50% avoidance
Healers: 1800 heals or more
DPS: 2.5k dps

I'd like opinions
Precio

Postby Blitzago » Fri Dec 12, 2008 9:51 pm

I havent gotten him down, but having a pally/priest/shammy would be best setup of healers, I dunno the reqs for healing or tanking but the DPS should ne doing 2.5 - 3k with the buffs anyways.

For tanking malygos, I was at 27k hp unbuffed with 24 dodge, 24k armour, fully flasked and buffed I was over 35k hp, so I overgeared him, you just have to use the clouds to the best of your ability, having a DK greatly helps in this task because he can death grip every second one.
Blitzago

Postby Elsie » Fri Dec 12, 2008 9:57 pm

Precio wrote:By requirements I mean...

ex) Tanks: 25k ub, 24k ub, 50% avoidance
Healers: 1800 heals or more
DPS: 2.5k dps

I'd like opinions

Your requirement expectations are faulty. There is no hard-and-fast rule. Firstly, all the tanks do so differently. They have different HP and mitigation methods. All DPS classes do different numbers, also. An elemental shaman is really nice to have, but he won't do hunter damage.

The only real requirement you can place on anyone is healers having enough mp5 to survive a relatively long fight.
Elsie

Postby Sarutankah » Sat Dec 13, 2008 1:55 pm

Or in the case of Paladins a large enough mana pool and crit to match - MP5 is almost pointless (would never take over int) with Divine plea giving scaling returns.
Sarutankah

Postby Precio » Mon Dec 15, 2008 6:27 pm

Ok. My requirements may be faulty. But I'd like some response that actually helps me regarding this fight.

If anything, can you tell me the required amount of time needed when the boss hits 50%. The group I talked to said they had 3 minutes remaining.

They said everyone was doing 3k dps. I'm sure the requirements aren't that high, so...like I said. Would you say ~6 minutes remaining at 50% on the phase switch?

That would require an average DPS of 2300 dps for the 6 dpsers in the raid, and 1k for the tank. Since I'm the tank, I do ~ 1200 dps on average. Average raid dps of 15,000.
Precio

Postby Markoh » Mon Dec 15, 2008 7:34 pm

There's a 10 man guide for this. It goes over pretty much everything you just asked.

Though if you don't want to go read that follow this pretty safe rule.

Malygos = end of tier 1 wotlk raiding

naxx + no drake sarth = first part

now here's that complicated hard and fast rule.

To kill the end of tier boss expect it to require a decent amount of the gear from the earlier part of the tier.

If you consider your group above average you need less gear and if you are behind the curve you'll need full gear from naxx.

One more thing you'll get much more pointed responses if you look at the available information here and ask specific questions instead of just vague generalizations like the first post.

Edit: Here's the link to the maly 10 guide.
http://www.failsafedesign.com/maintanka ... hp?t=17238
Markoh

Postby Elsie » Thu Dec 18, 2008 3:27 am

Sarutankah wrote:Or in the case of Paladins a large enough mana pool and crit to match - MP5 is almost pointless (would never take over int) with Divine plea giving scaling returns.

That's still effectively mp5.
Elsie

Postby amh » Thu Dec 18, 2008 4:46 am

Elsie wrote:
Sarutankah wrote:Or in the case of Paladins a large enough mana pool and crit to match - MP5 is almost pointless (would never take over int) with Divine plea giving scaling returns.

That's still effectively mp5.

Except that int -> crit, mp5 is just.. mp5 ;)

Int is also awesome for replenishment.
I used to play a paladin.
amh
Maintankadonor

Postby Prætorian » Thu Dec 18, 2008 3:12 pm

I was 23.5k Unbuffed when I first stepped foot in there..
Block Capped..

Healers: Druid, Priest, Pally
Tank: Protadin
DPS: Blood DK, Boomkin, Bm Hunter, FF Mage, Enhance Shammy, Ret Pally

Downed him after 3 hours, getting progressively better every wipe.

A minimum of 2k DPS is required (As tested by.. say Patchwerk)
DPS was between 2 and 4k during the entirety, most of us in full Naxx 10 man gear (With the priest in Quest greens..)

I'd say... Go in there with Solid Ranged over Melee, Atleast 2 Healers with HoTs, A DK for Grip/Icechains.. a Druid is optional for Roots. And a Bloodlust is For the Win after 2 Spark Stacks..

Don't expect to wipe, like don't dread it.. He's not a hard boss and he has no tail swipe nor cleave and his breath doesn't have the cone of Sapp's cleave.. You can kite him to the opposite side of the sparks or siit him in one position, whatever you're comfortable with.

Focus on getting to Phase 2.. and then to Phase 3...
Once you are familiar with Phase 3 mechanics (DO the Aces High Daily to get used to it) Then work on beating his enrage timer..

The first time we got him to enrage we had him at 35% in phase 3..
His HP drops like mad once you haver over 10 stacks of DoTs on him.

It's a very very technical fight, but fun in it's execution.

Edit: Btw, Shield dropped first time.. and I FINALLY got a tank weapon only last night.. (Been using Naxx dps 1 handers..)

Shield is OMGAMAZING Just wish the Slayer didn't clip through it.
Still worth it though.
Prætorian of Detheroc, lvl 80..
Prætorian

Postby Ashmadai » Fri Dec 19, 2008 7:40 am

The biggest thing here is going to be DPS. I would say a good baseline to go by would be people who can consistently maintain 2k dps even on bosses that are not Patchwerk.

We killed him this past Monday night with a pretty underwhelming group as DPS went, but good execution of positioning for sparks made the difference and we got him down.
Ashmadai

Postby Precio » Fri Dec 19, 2008 4:06 pm

Markoh wrote:There's a 10 man guide for this. It goes over pretty much everything you just asked.

Though if you don't want to go read that follow this pretty safe rule.

Malygos = end of tier 1 wotlk raiding

naxx + no drake sarth = first part

now here's that complicated hard and fast rule.

To kill the end of tier boss expect it to require a decent amount of the gear from the earlier part of the tier.

If you consider your group above average you need less gear and if you are behind the curve you'll need full gear from naxx.

One more thing you'll get much more pointed responses if you look at the available information here and ask specific questions instead of just vague generalizations like the first post.

Edit: Here's the link to the maly 10 guide.
http://www.failsafedesign.com/maintanka ... hp?t=17238

Your guide explained the (very thoroughly) the mechanics of the fight, and the strategy. Not the DPS, Healing, or Tank requirements in numbers (from the opinions of the community) which was what I wanted. Not how to do the fight.
Precio

Return to T7: Naxx / Maly / Sarth / Archavon